Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Does anyone have any experience playing with Fo2tweaks damage mod compared to the damage mod that is enabled by default in Et Tu? I played FO1 & FO2 with the vanilla damage calculations. Not really sure if the NMA Nevada pack had a damage mod but I played that exclusively unarmed.
Can anyone answer this?

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I can't seem to reach Idolized status in Junktown. I've tried a few different runs just short of skipping quests and killing every "bad" npc in town. I saw a post earlier about there not being enough points available but there was nothing to indicate this being fixed in the v1.6 or v1.7 changelog.

Guys, how many NPCs now fit on the bike? I mean, can I use the bike having Ian, Tycho, Katja, Dogmeat and both bots in the team? Secondly, if I use FO2 charisma limit of the party then I won't be able to have them all in the group as 5 NPCs will be max with CH=10? It would be nice to have an option to use FO2 party limit but get one free...perhaps the mutt ;-)
Edit:
Lexx..? I've read in the thread that you raised/modified bike limit but it was before adding second bot to the mod. So now you can have 3 human NPCs on the bike with the expansion and dogmeat/bots are not counted towards that limit? What about CH party limit - is it like in the FO2 (using FO2 option in .ini) so dog/bots do also count?

Last edited:
Hi guys, longtime lurker & first time poster

I noticed some people using wine had problems. I installed it and could only run Fallout 2. What helped me was:
open winecfg
go to libraries
type ddraw in the search box
click add
and make sure to use native then built-in.

Runs like a charm now.

Also it's in the sfall-readme.txt file.

Lexx, great job doing this for the community & keep up the good work.

Little bug that I discovered while fighting the Master. Every time his death animator plays out, it desyncs with the base of his model. At least when you fight him at point blank range.

11.png

Last edited:
I'm new to both this mod and the 2D Fallout games so I'm not entirely sure if this issue is related to this mod or not and couldn't find much help with the search function. Do the SPECIAL stats function as they would in Fallout 1 or do they function as they would in 2, as I haven't been able to survive the first random encounter after leaving the vault and am unsure which game's SPECIALs I should research on to make a custom character with.

Do the SPECIAL stats function as they would in Fallout 1 or do they function as they would in 2, as I haven't been able to survive the first random encounter after leaving the vault and am unsure which game's SPECIALs I should research on to make a custom character with.
The SPECIAL/derived stats/skills relationships in et tu are the same as in Fallout 1. The only exception is now Charisma is a bit less than a dump stat, unlike how it was in vanilla FO1.

Use the Gatling Laser to kill him at point blank, thats what I did and it happened to me every single time.

Ah, it all becomes clear now. Thare ist yer problem laddie! Why would you use a dismounted multilaser in the first place?
Are you maad? MAAD I say!

This post is sponsored by the bad humour fairy LLC.

release_v1.8.png

Changelog:
Sfall has been updated to version 4.3.6
  • Added: Expanded ending slides. Every major event in the game, as well as active party members will now be covered in the ending slides. This option is disabled by default and can be enabled at any point in the game.
  • Added: Created missing animations for Black Dude Purple Robe / Hero Appearance mod.
  • Added: New Tycho metal armor animation set.
  • Added: New Alternative Force Fields sub-mod with graphics made by .Pixote. Disabled by default, can be enabled in the ddraw.ini file.
  • Added: A new option to switch between Fo1-style "rest until 06:00" and Fo2-style "rest until 08:00" in the PipBoy.
  • Added: Clicking on the worldmap now produces the same sounds as in Fo1 (traveling and green triangles).
  • Added: "Vasquez, the mercenary" can now be hired in Junktown if the cut characters-option is enabled.
  • Added: "Mike, the Old Town guard" shows up in the Hub Old Town district if the cut characters-option is enabled.
  • Added: "Deadguy" will show up in Decker's hideout after the player cleared the place and cut characters are enabled.
  • Added: Restored a couple dialog lines for Nicole in the Boneyard. She will now also correctly react to the player stealing from her.
  • Added: Restored dialog for Phil and Lenore in Junktown when Dogmeat is killed instead of recruited.
  • Fixed: Aradesh in Shady Sands had a wrong reaction condition.
  • Fixed: Tine ("Taylor") in Adytum had a wrong reaction condition.
  • Fixed: The dialog option to ask Cabbot at the Brotherhood about joining would change to "I have changed my mind..." without the player ever asking him to join.
  • Fixed: Asking Ian for "Killian" via TMA would return a reply about Ian's name.
  • Fixed: Fire Gecko pelt inventory graphic was missing.
  • Fixed: Improved the way Sherry in Junktown stays/leaves town after dealing with the Skulz.
  • Fixed: Katja's "can you open that door"-dialog option would also show up if the object was already unlocked (barely used in the game, but whatever I guess).
  • Fixed: Purple floating text color now shows correctly (primarily used by Katja).
  • Fixed: Killing Gizmo without Killian would result in a teleport back to Lars.
  • Fixed: Klaxon lights in Mariposa would show the wrong description text when in alarm-mode.
  • Fixed: Laura in the Cathedral had a voiced line linked to a non-existing sound file.
  • Fixed: Leather Armor had 20% plasma resistance (old Fixt value). Reverted to 10% Fo1 vanilla value.
  • Fixed: Mariposa command terminal was printing a "This does nothing."-message after using a radio on it.
  • Fixed: "You gain You Gain.." in Thomas dialog at the Brotherhood.
  • Fixed: Mariposa force fields had some issues when triggering them on/off via radio. Rewrote the script to be more robust.
  • Fixed: Motorcycle key had a weight of 10 pounds. Changed to 0.
  • Fixed: It was possible to get two motorcycle keys from Griffith.
  • Fixed: Removed unnecessary "Special Death"-flag from Brotherhood Paladin proto files.
  • Fixed: Script issue when checking the childkiller reputation.
  • Fixed: The Hall of the Dead entrance guard will not attack the player anymore if he opened the door from inside to leave the building. Also he would attack instantly and not give a warning if the player would mess with it right after leaving the building.
  • Fixed: The Junktown Crash House raider would still drop armor, even if armor dropping was disabled.
  • Fixed: The backpack of the combat armor animations would clip through the rocket launcher.
  • Fixed: The elevator door to elevation 3 in the Master's Lair wanted normal lockpicks instead of electronic lockpicks.
  • Fixed: Typo in english Flambe 450 item description.
  • Fixed: Typos in Set's dialog.
  • Tweaked: Added more encounters to the "tougher humans" setting and slightly increased the chance of grease gun spawns.
  • Tweaked: Adjusted laser resistance of ant critters.
  • Tweaked: After taking down Gizmo / Killian, the lights inside their buildings will be turned off.
  • Tweaked: Complimenting the cook or helping Curtis in Shady Sands will now grant a few town reputation points.
  • Tweaked: Contents of crates in cavern encounters have more item variation now.
  • Tweaked: If Hub cops walked away from their default position (ex: player started a fight), they will now reset after a couple ingame days.
  • Tweaked: If Katja attempts to lockpick the Mariposa entrance door, or Doc Morbids locker, she now has a 100% chance to succeed (the same as if the player asks her via dialog).
  • Tweaked: Improved the TMA-system. If a keyword is not found in the character specific unique responses, the game will now try to find a keyword in the generic map-based responses instead.
  • Tweaked: Improved the way the Brotherhood sentry spawns into the map once the BoS has been invaded. Now he has his weapon drawn and won't play the wielding animation on map enter.
  • Tweaked: Junktown Scout "goodbye"-dialog felt weird after asking any question. Shows an alternative goodbye-string now.
  • Tweaked: Manually disabled force fields in Mariposa will now stay off for a little bit longer.
  • Tweaked: Masters Lair cut content supermutant exchanged with "supermutant medic" proto and tweaked his loadout.
  • Tweaked: Moved the Vault 13 water ration scene into a timer event, to improve performance.
  • Tweaked: Party member hitpoints reduced a bit per levelup (was +10, now +7). Also tweaked skill increases to make them less godly in higher levels.
  • Tweaked: Saul and Trish dialog checks are a bit more forgiving now.
  • Tweaked: Some endgame random encounter critters will now have a chance to spawn with AP instead of JHP ammo in their guns.
  • Tweaked: Southern / Boneyard encounters now have a chance to spawn with sharpened instead of normal spears.
  • Tweaked: The ENABLE_FO2_CRITTERS setting will now also affect critters spawned in caravan encounters.
  • Tweaked: The Fo2 party member combat control interface fits better to the rest of the Fo1 interface now.
  • Tweaked: The gecko hunters are not giving a random outdoorsman-skill reward anymore but a fixed 5% increase.

Find the latest release here.

This time a bit faster than the last release. v1.8 comes with a couple restored characters, lots of minor fixes, lots of minor tweaks, we brought back more Fo1 interface effects (all the clicking sfx on the worldmap - in vanilla Fo2, none of those exist), and there's some party member balance changes (less +skills and hitpoints per level up, which helps balancing the game some more. Keep in mind that vanilla Fo1 party members couldn't level up at all).

I've also decided to finally release the Expanded Endings-option. I am sitting on the files for over a year now and never had the time to finish it. With the help of Tagaziel and The Dutch Ghost, we've added 15 new possible ending slides to cover all major events in the game, including what happens to currently active party members. The reason why I've been sitting on those files for so long is because I didn't had the time to finish the actual ending slide graphics (still don't, but I finally wanted to release it anyways). If someone feels motivated to help getting this 100% done, and is able to create vanilla Fo1 style ending slide images, feel free to reach out to me.

Note: The expanded slides are disabled by default, but can be enabled at any time. You can save the game shortly before finishing it, watch the vanilla slides, then enable the option, reload your savegame and see the ending again.

There's also a new mini-mod, made by @.Pixote. - Alternative Force Field graphics:

fo1_alternative_forcefields.gif

When enabled, this mod will swap the vanilla yellow and red force fields to new, animated ones. They look pretty cool, I got used to them quickly and can't without it anymore now.

Ok, that's it. Got nothing more to say. Peace out.

Last edited:
Hmmm...how to enable New Alternative Force Fields sub-mod in the draw.ini? Or any of the extra patches in draw.ini?

Thanks in advance!

From the readme:
To use this mod, open the ddraw.ini, go to [ExtraPatches] and add "PatchFile[number]=mods\fo1_alternative_forcefields" at the end of the "PatchFile"-list! The game will now load the additional mod folder.

If there is more than one additional mod, make sure to correctly number the "PatchFileX" entry (1, 2, 3, ...).

By default the ddraw.ini in ettu already has this entry. You just have to remove the ; in front of it so the game won't read it as a comment anymore.

From the readme:

By default the ddraw.ini in ettu already has this entry. You just have to remove the ; in front of it so the game won't read it as a comment anymore.

Thanks for the answer!

Just in case, all changes that enable extra stuff must be made ONLY in ddraw.ini and not ddraw.fo1in2.ini right?

You can completely ignore ddraw.fo1in2.ini file. Actually it shouldn't even be there, likely slipped in by accident.

/Edit: I just had half a heart attack, because I thought the release package is botched.. but it's not. You're taking the files directly from the repo, which is why there are files that aren't of interest for "normal players."

You can completely ignore ddraw.fo1in2.ini file. Actually it shouldn't even be there, likely slipped in by accident.

/Edit: I just had half a heart attack, because I thought the release package is botched.. but it's not. You're taking the files directly from the repo, which is why there are files that aren't of interest for "normal players."

Right, I'm sorry for not stating it in the first place. :cry:

Back