Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Hi, I just installed the mod, created character but it showed me warning "UseFileSystemOverried disabled, some features will not work correctly... " and then crashed to windows. any help?

Open ddraw.ini and set UseFileSystemOverried to 1. I'm surprised that it isn't at 1 by default -- did you really install the mod correctly or did you manually copy&paste files around?

It's the Fo2 engine, so a popup will ask you, just like it did in Fo2 at the end.
Ah, okay, thanks.

It's a bit confusing, because the other "optional" items meant they need to be explicitly enabled in some of the config files.

I think removing that "optional" for this entry would be useful.

In any case, where do I report bugs? Here, or on GitHub?

GitHub.

Where is the (Optional)? It's not on the Git frontpage.

Hey is there a save game editor that works with Fallout Et Tu? Falche doesn't. And I wanted to give my character two things I thought would be lore friendly and not too OP at the beginning of the game: a motion sensor and a laser pistol. Also once I get Gizmo's 9mm, a save game editor is about the only way to get more 9mm ball. So a save game editor that works with Et tu would be really appreciated.

Hey is there a save game editor that works with Fallout Et Tu? Falche doesn't. And I wanted to give my character two things I thought would be lore friendly and not too OP at the beginning of the game: a motion sensor and a laser pistol. Also once I get Gizmo's 9mm, a save game editor is about the only way to get more 9mm ball. So a save game editor that works with Et tu would be really appreciated.

Not sure about motion sensor but there's an early level energy weapon for sale if you enable shady sands merchant, in the optional settings.
And as for 9mm ball caliber it can be purchased at certain vendors in et tu and vendors restock, if they are set to do so.
As for the mauser itself, I've seen in gitapp changelog that an ability to upgrade the mauser is added to repo version(not the release version yet). Gun gets upgraded to use 10mm ammo and is seposedly something better than 10mm pistol.

Now I was wandering how to get back into Fallout and replay the one that got it all started, and stumbled upon this project... It looks like I'm in for some ride. Real pleasure to see that it uses sfall extensively and seems to be open source. Fallout modding the way I thought it should be... Being away from Fallout for so many years should now provide me with some more pleasant surprises like this. Or so I hope (got a fair share of unpleasant surprises).

Welcome back phobos. Ya might want to check up on some other projects ya might have missed when you were away.

I don't understand how to use Steam Detour, could you please explain it to me very slowly so as to not cause a brain aneurysm?

Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:
Hello, I have an issue that I can't find any solution to anywhere and I'm not sure what caused it. It did start to happen right after I used the first aid skill on myself for the first time.

While playing through Fallout 1 with this mod I ended up in a situation on the world map where after travelling the same ammount of distance no matter if it's from an old or new save it just throws me into an encounter that just flat out breaks the game by not allowing me to leave and duplicating anything that moves visually.
I've tried loading older saves but it just gives me the same problem whenever I next travel on the world map again.

I assume my current run is unsalvageable but it would be nice to know if anyone knows why it happened and what I potentially should do to avoid it in the future so I can justify starting a new game in an attempt to avoid this.
Fallout2_2022-08-28_15-38-35.png

Check the "DisableHorrigan" setting in your ddraw.ini. If it's not 1, then you did something wrong to your game.

And if it's set to 0, it would be very interesting to know why that is.

Heyo, I checked and as y'all mentioned it was in fact on 0. Most likely my incompetent ass saw it in the list, wondered why it was disabled, thought that more encounters is always nice and then enabled it. My bad. Didn't know there would be such consequences for doing that.

On a positive note it seems to fix my current run so I should to be able to continue without having to start over I guess?

Very grateful for the help!

I just realized that ettu is already 3 years old. Crazy. First thread was posted Jul 12, 2019.

Does Fallout et tu use the fallout 2 system of random encounters where one can choose whether or not to do them? Also I think the death messages are messed up. Is it normal to get a death message about dying from radiation even though i got gunned down?

1. It works like in Fo1.
2. Death messages are always picked at random.

Make a configurator for the mod settings. et-tu_configurator_v0.2 (put it in the main mod folder).
MainMenuOffsetY=20 was 26

Last edited:
Back