Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Here are the conditions for the Hub ending:

Code:
   if hub_visible_on_map then begin
      if hub_invaded then
         set_end_hub_bad;
      else if (global_var(GVAR_MISSING_CARAVAN) >= 2) and not(is_decker_alive) and is_hightower_alive and is_harold_alive and (global_var(GVAR_SLIDE_KIND_TO_HAROLD) == 1) then
         set_end_hub_good;
      else
         set_end_hub_bad;
   end

And if you have expanded endings enabled:
Code:
   if hub_visible_on_map then begin
      if (hub_invaded or (global_var(GVAR_MISSING_CARAVAN) < 2)) then begin
         set_end_fo1in2_hub_bad;
      end
      else begin
         if is_decker_alive and not(is_hightower_alive) then
            set_end_fo1in2_hub_powerhouse;
         else if not(is_decker_alive) and not(is_hightower_alive) then
            set_end_fo1in2_hub_war;
         else
            set_end_fo1in2_hub_default;

// Harold
         if (is_harold_alive) and (global_var(GVAR_SLIDE_KIND_TO_HAROLD) == 1) then
            set_end_fo1in2_hub_harold;
      end
   end

My guess is you weren't kind to Harold. This is a requirement for peace in the Hub if you don't use the expanded endings setting. If you still have a savegame from before you ended the game, you can enable them and check again. You should see different slides then.

Is there any chance in future to add the missing quests content related to Boneyard and (missing) Burrows locations (see screenshot from wiki)?

Attachments

• restoration.png
    restoration.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
@Lexx
regarding this:
FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

I reckon natively EtTu started before 4.0.3, however was the 500 item count bug related to Aredash's reward for rescuing Tandi from the raiders?

I seem to remember ppl claiming a bug that they got more money from Aredash after the 4.0.3 fix, and later You heard their call, and changed vanilla scripts so that he gives 500caps..

What's the status on this one?

Is it going to be Vanilla script+ sfall bugfix = more money from Aredash

or is it going to be:

EtTu-tuned script because of sfall bugfix in original scripting = 500 caps to pacify some puristic boneheads?

I am clueless on Your take on this matter...

Is there any chance in future to add the missing quests content related to Boneyard and (missing) Burrows locations (see screenshot from wiki)?
@Lexx Just curious (and I know it is quite big amount of work) but is there any chance in future?

Last edited:
Is there any chance in future to add the missing quests content related to Boneyard and Burrows locations (see screenshot from wiki)?
I think most of those quests were from an earlier version of the Boneyard that cast Adytum as an innocent town being plagued by vicious gangs, which is inconsistent with the Boneyard’s portrayal in the final game.

Does anyone have a list of the expanded ending slides and their conditions? I completed my playthrough with all companions dead, so I'm curious to know what those slides look like as well as alternate slides for the Hub.

Hello,

Lately I found the remnants of some project I was making a few years ago, and though it's not the same exactly I felt like fooling around with a new mod project on Fallout1.
Not the point of this post however, I wanted to submit a "Fallout1in2 Modding Base" proposition.

Fallout1in2 is a great port, and in my quest to make a fork that I think more practical for my project
I had quite a glimpse of all the work that already went in it.
From a player view, I don't think there is much problem with all the extras customizations that are offered, but, from a modder view, the first thought I had was that it seem a little discouraging, and unsafe to invest much work in the main build.

So after a little work on it, I came up with a separate build, very simple in it's changes but that I feel better to work on. This quick readme in the event it is of interest to anyone beside me, and is allowed naturally, should already say about everything, I think:

This is a version of Fallout1in2 reworked so you can work from one main data folder, and so it doesn't trigger the extras options from fo1_settings.ini, unless you choose to restore them for your project:
See Changes from main Fallout1in2.

So Fallout 1 can be modded in 2 engine without wondering if your work will still be compatible with any future version of the main Fallout1in2 mod, among a few other reasons.
Provide a independant modding base from the main fork of Fallout1in2 mod, in other words, if you feel your project need it.

This was forked from version 1.9.3324, meaning that any files update from future versions of main Fallout1in2 mod that you feel you might need or didn't rework\fix yourself for your own mod is your responsibility to get.

Installation:
The same as Fallout1in2 except you do it from this Fallout1in2_Modding_Base folder.
Since it's normally for modders and not regular players, it should be enough instructions right?

Ah, and it should go without saying, but for LEGAL BS:
Shall you release a mod on any fork from Fallout1in2 like this one, make a installer forcing players to point to a Fallout1 installation and extracting at least the same files that Fallout1in2 does, or also make them use the Undat process.
There is a bat file, files_to_delete_before_release.bat in the data folder root,that will delete exactly the same files extracted by undat if you need help to make it easier.

Changes from main Fallout1in2:

Setting this was simple, once I found where to look.
All I did in the end was:
1, change three paths in gl_worldmap.int so that it look into data\\data\\ for the WORLDMAP.TXT instead of mods\\fo1_base\\
2, merge these three into data:

Fo1_base
fo1_interface
Fo1_barter_formula

3, delete gl_0_settings.int and fo1_settings.ini
4, set all the protos files to read-only, however you can always do what I did in step one if you are unconfortable with the data folder and this old trick of fallout2

And that's actually it.
From there modders can do what they want.
Actually, once you know where to look, you don't even need to download this and can just use this description to reproduce the modding base to your liking, if future versions of the main Fallout1in2 stay the same on that regard.

Is it a alright proposition? I am testing as I go along but so far it does exactly as above without issue.

I don't get what this proposition is, except that you took out all the customization options? How is this making modding easier? Feels to me like you just made it harder since there are now extra steps to do.

Easier in a way that I don't have to wonder which GVAR_ is enabled outside of my control, and some of
these options may conflict with some of my content.

Beside that, it make a independent fork from the main Fallout1in2 that can be fine tuned to the modder's
taste or needs without worrying about what the next version of the main fork has changed outside of their
control and what effect it might have on previous work.

Perhaps the only value this proposition has is for me though, and anybody who know a little can reproduce
my description as quickly as it would take them to download my personal setting.

So aside from proposing, I am also asking, in the event of actually completing my mod, can I release it
as a independent mod, with all due credit to Fallout1in2 and under the same installation conditions?
Need for a real Fallout1 and so forth.

Hello,

Lately I found the remnants of some project I was making a few years ago, and though it's not the same exactly I felt like fooling around with a new mod project on Fallout1.
Not the point of this post however, I wanted to submit a "Fallout1in2 Modding Base" proposition.

Fallout1in2 is a great port, and in my quest to make a fork that I think more practical for my project
I had quite a glimpse of all the work that already went in it.
From a player view, I don't think there is much problem with all the extras customizations that are offered, but, from a modder view, the first thought I had was that it seem a little discouraging, and unsafe to invest much work in the main build.

So after a little work on it, I came up with a separate build, very simple in it's changes but that I feel better to work on. This quick readme in the event it is of interest to anyone beside me, and is allowed naturally, should already say about everything, I think:

Is it a alright proposition? I am testing as I go along but so far it does exactly as above without issue.

I am assuming that this proposition will not allow both Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 be played in the same playthrough?

No, it is a simple bunch of changes to the current built. I don't think Lexx or Nova rain will go for the idea of allowing forks from their mod however, and perhaps they are right.

I am looking at other roads already, no problem, Lexx. Thanks for answering.

I have a (maybe dumb) question about the mod ... is there any way to revert the invasions in the game once they happened? I replayed the game for the first time since forever, found the waterchip, wanted to go to the Boneyard and well, it has been invaded because the invasion time was set to 90 days. That is highly frustrating, I don't really want to continue playing with having this entire area with quests etc. basically removed from the game. Is there any way to revert this? I don't want to restart the game from start again. I tried reloading an earlier save and setting the invasion time to a different value in the configuration file, even tried a savegame editor but nothing worked :(

Back