Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@Lexx, how about a small tweak to let a bunch of feral/glowing spawns and moving toward a Vault Dweller just taken the water chip under Necropolis?

Technically, for such an important action that decide an ending slide, there's just not enough climax there.

Meh.

Fallouts rewards goody two-shoes playstyle (and punish the opposite) more than enough already, no need to add to that. Making NPCs react instantly to action(s) they shouldn't know about is even more meh, even if it's very 90s thing to do.

I'm playing with the mod for the first time and to my surprise it's using the skill formulas of Fallout 1. I expected this to use the vastly superior skill formulas of Fallout 2, where your SPECIAL attributes factor much more into your skill ratings. It's one of the best improvements Fallout 2 made over 1.

@Lexx, is this something you plan on adding in a future update?

I'm playing with the mod for the first time and to my surprise it's using the skill formulas of Fallout 1. I expected this to use the vastly superior skill formulas of Fallout 2, where your SPECIAL attributes factor much more into your skill ratings. It's one of the best improvements Fallout 2 made over 1.

@Lexx, is this something you plan on adding in a future update?

Fo2 skill formulas are not superior, they are just different and some of them don't make sense in the context of Fo1. For example with the Fo2 formula, you'd be starting out with a much higher Outdoorsman skill, which makes sense for a tribal from the wilderness, but not for a Vault Dweller who's never been outside before. Same thing with the Small Guns skill - it makes sense that the VD has a higher starting skill while the tribal does not.

Fo2 skill formulas are not superior, they are just different and some of them don't make sense in the context of Fo1. For example with the Fo2 formula, you'd be starting out with a much higher Outdoorsman skill, which makes sense for a tribal from the wilderness, but not for a Vault Dweller who's never been outside before. Same thing with the Small Guns skill - it makes sense that the VD has a higher starting skill while the tribal does not.
The reason I consider it's superior is because your SPECIAL attributes play a much bigger role in the calculation, so your choice of character build matters more.

As for it not making sense, I would argue it's the other way around. Does it make sense for a Vault Dweller to be good at speech or bartering in the wasteland with a society and currency they've never interacted with? No, but the Fallout 1 skill formulas ensure they do. Whereas the Fallout 2 skill formulas make it so that the Vault Dweller is only good at those things if they excel in specific SPECIAL attributes tied to those skills, which is both more sensible and satisfying from a gameplay perspective.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere else that party members leveling up a la Fallout 2 is enabled by default. So how do I disable it? I can't find the option anywhere in any of the ini files.

And I assume you get access to Fallout 2 perks by default, or is that something you have to enable like the skill formulas?

Meh.

Fallouts rewards goody two-shoes playstyle (and punish the opposite) more than enough already, no need to add to that. Making NPCs react instantly to action(s) they shouldn't know about is even more meh, even if it's very 90s thing to do.
It's the rhymth and pace of the game, you know~ For such an important action, like the climax of your main quest: you are out to get water chip and now you are going to put your vaulty hands on it... there's nothing add to that.

So I encountered the demo. It's pretty cool with some exp. But I had a huge bug, when you start the fight the fools on the bottom left got into a weird dialogue. I think I messed it up by killing the crypts before talking to joker. Except the guards out front. When I told her that we should attack, the fool in the bottom left started going through every single npc dialogue as they quickly and rapidly kept popping up. My game really got slowed down from all of it. I just reloaded as save and it did it properly but it was really weird. Thought y'all should know, but I think the fool was trying to become sentient hahhahaha

Edit: forgot, I also wanted to ask about the GECK in the locker in vault 13. Do they have any side quests or are they just a Easter egg and dead weight?

Last edited:
I'm currently playing the latest version of Fallout et tu and i'm trying to get the eyebot working. Even tho i restored the power to the Glow, whenever i use the repair skill on it it says "You got it?". I know that AFTER you activate it in the glow it powers down outside, but i can't even get it up and running. Am i missing something?
Thanks in advance.

I'm currently playing the latest version of Fallout et tu and i'm trying to get the eyebot working. Even tho i restored the power to the Glow, whenever i use the repair skill on it it says "You got it?". I know that AFTER you activate it in the glow it powers down outside, but i can't even get it up and running. Am i missing something?
Thanks in advance.

try a *scientific* aproach b4 you start your elbow & grease

I have a quiestion about these lines in the fo1_settings.ini:
GVAR_ENABLE_TOUGH_MUTANTS=1
GVAR_ENABLE_TOUGH_HUMANS=1
Is the chages to hp can be set to 1.5 or 1.75? And do they take effect on an existing save or must start a new game for it to be noticable?

Back