Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.9

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Nickel Lime

Nickel Lime First time out of the vault

Apr 18, 2024
    Oh never mind. I disabled and reenabled FO1 UI mod and that resolved the issue. Weird...

2. Grak999

Grak999 First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2024
    So, I've been playing some more. Is NPC recognition of gender random? I don't know enough about the inner workings of the game to tell if that's what's going on.

So, I believe Tandi only shares Deathclaw dialogue with female characters. She didn't in Et Tu, even though my character is a lady, but seemed to consistently do so in vanilla.

And I died, so I ended up having multiple interactions with Harry. It seemed completely random whether or not he played his "Hey, pretty lady" dialogue. Other times he would just do his standard response of "Hey, you not ghoul." I reloaded a bunch of times and there was no rhyme or reason to which dialogue played.

If it's random, then no biggie, if it's not then Et Tu might be borking something up?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  3. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
  4. Grak999

Apr 17, 2024
    Oh, does she have like a random reaction roll? She does the Deathclaw dialogue immediately in Vanilla, but if its random then that checks out. I guess the Aradesh dialogue about the radscorpion nest might be random, too.

I spotted this ***DEBUG*** dialogue with Razor in the Boneyard immediately upon talking to her.

Razor.png

5. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    You have to post your character stats or nobody can reproduce what you are talking about.

6. Grak999

Apr 17, 2024
    S:6 P:7 E:4 C:7 I:10 A:10 L:4 // Gifted, Small Frame // Tags: Small Guns, Science, Doctor. Female.

Played through the opening multiple times in Vanilla and Et Tu, along with a few reloads entering into Shady Sands/Finishing the Radscorpion quest.

My first run in Et Tu, I had 6 Charisma, so I restarted and matched the Vanilla stats exactly.

Each time in Vanilla, when asked about stories from down south, Tandi offered her Deathclaw dialogue.

At no point could I get her to offer her Deathclaw dialogue in Et Tu.

Additionally, each time in Vanilla, after beating the Radscorpions, I had the option to tell Aradesh I had destroyed the nest. This option never presented itself in Et Tu.

I also tried buffing Speech up in Et Tu once to see if it would make Aradesh's dialogue appear, no luck.

I don't know if those interactions are just random or a CHA check like Harry and I was getting unlucky, so I mentioned it, since if they're not check dependent then something else is going on that could extend to other dialogue.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
  7. TheSadGhoul

TheSadGhoul First time out of the vault

Apr 23, 2024
    I'm trying to port this to the Fallout 1 engine, but the force fields don't animate, just 1 frame is shown... I'm doing something wrong?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The force field script needs to be edited so that it starts the animation.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    @Lexx, how about a small tweak to let a bunch of feral/glowing spawns and moving toward a Vault Dweller just taken the water chip under Necropolis?

Technically, for such an important action that decide an ending slide, there's just not enough climax there.

10. Samira

Samira Random is god

Nov 16, 2009
    Meh.

Fallouts rewards goody two-shoes playstyle (and punish the opposite) more than enough already, no need to add to that. Making NPCs react instantly to action(s) they shouldn't know about is even more meh, even if it's very 90s thing to do.

11. Crippled

Crippled First time out of the vault

Apr 30, 2024
    I'm playing with the mod for the first time and to my surprise it's using the skill formulas of Fallout 1. I expected this to use the vastly superior skill formulas of Fallout 2, where your SPECIAL attributes factor much more into your skill ratings. It's one of the best improvements Fallout 2 made over 1.

@Lexx, is this something you plan on adding in a future update?

12. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    You can simply comment out "SkillsFile=config\Skills.ini" line in ddraw.ini.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Crippled

Apr 30, 2024
    I tried it out and it works. Thanks.

I don't think I saw this mentioned anywhere in the readme. It really should be communicated better.

14. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Fo2 skill formulas are not superior, they are just different and some of them don't make sense in the context of Fo1. For example with the Fo2 formula, you'd be starting out with a much higher Outdoorsman skill, which makes sense for a tribal from the wilderness, but not for a Vault Dweller who's never been outside before. Same thing with the Small Guns skill - it makes sense that the VD has a higher starting skill while the tribal does not.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. Crippled

Apr 30, 2024
    The reason I consider it's superior is because your SPECIAL attributes play a much bigger role in the calculation, so your choice of character build matters more.

As for it not making sense, I would argue it's the other way around. Does it make sense for a Vault Dweller to be good at speech or bartering in the wasteland with a society and currency they've never interacted with? No, but the Fallout 1 skill formulas ensure they do. Whereas the Fallout 2 skill formulas make it so that the Vault Dweller is only good at those things if they excel in specific SPECIAL attributes tied to those skills, which is both more sensible and satisfying from a gameplay perspective.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
  16. Crippled

Apr 30, 2024
    I saw somewhere else that party members leveling up a la Fallout 2 is enabled by default. So how do I disable it? I can't find the option anywhere in any of the ini files.

And I assume you get access to Fallout 2 perks by default, or is that something you have to enable like the skill formulas?

17. TheSadGhoul

TheSadGhoul First time out of the vault

Apr 23, 2024
    Hi Lexx. I want to ask two questions. What do you think about this? https://github.com/alexbatalov/fallout1-ce
    And, how feasible is to port at least the most critical fixes and salvageable cut content (like iguana Bob police outcome) from Et Tu to FO1 engine?

18. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    It's the rhymth and pace of the game, you know~ For such an important action, like the climax of your main quest: you are out to get water chip and now you are going to put your vaulty hands on it... there's nothing add to that.

19. BoogerPoo2002

BoogerPoo2002 First time out of the vault

May 11, 2023
    Do you plan to make a version of Fallout Et Tu that updates Fallout 2 as well as 1?

20. BigDuke66

BigDuke66 First time out of the vault

Feb 8, 2005