Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.9

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. fuzzi

fuzzi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 7, 2006
    Hi guys, is it correct that Turbo Plasma Rifle in Fallout Et Tu use 2 pcs of ammo per shot instead of 1 piece? I'm unable to do 6 shots with Fast Shot trait + BRoF because magazine capacity is 10/2 = 5 shots (or am I wrong somewhere in the configuration?). For example in Fallout 1.5 Ressurection one shot cost standard 1 piece of ammo. Screenshot shows magazine status after just 1 shot = 8/10. Thank you for response.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes, it's nerfed and still an overpowered weapon.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    Ok thank you. I thought that I had something wrong in configuration.

4. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    When made my last playthrough, i abused the Tough SuperMutants vaues. i increased the value until all Super mutants ended with 999hp. after this only burst weapons are good aginst Super Mutants. Turboplasma is useless. Party NPCs can only attempt to gun down supermutants if they use HK-P90c, though if they all have HPA they can withstand a round or two of their beating.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    Hi @Lexx, I'm trying configure file config/Perks.ini so all perks will exactly match FO1 table rules. Every change works perfect except one perk = Master Trader (see screenshot). If I change barter condition from 75% do 60% via config file, perk stay unchanged in game and also F2Explorer tool. I'm able change Minimal Level value and also Charisma Stat condition but I'm unable to modify Skill Stat value via this config file of this particular perk. Where coud be a problem? Thank you for response.

Attached Files:

6. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    No idea. Maybe it's hardcoded and requires a script rewrite.

What perks did you change? With very few exceptions (for reasons) they should all behave exactly as in Fo1 already.

7. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    Here is my Perks.ini file. I changed for example perks no.: 11, 17 (problematic Master Trader), 25, 26, 31, 32, 33, 34, 44, 47 and others removed. You can compare my file with yours to see changes.

Attached Files:

8. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    Try this:
    Skill1=15
    Skill1Mag=60

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    @NovaRain Works perfect, thank you for help.

10. agris

agris Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 8, 2004
    hmmm, any reason those flags and the reordered perks aren’t the default configuration? For most settings, I think first timers would prefer the Fallout 1 variant of the mechanics when there exists a differing Fallout 2 variant.

11. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Because nobody made me aware of the differences in 5 years, so it's probably not super important for the majority.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. agris

Jul 8, 2004
    Things get missed, no problem. If you had an ideology that favored not including them then I think that would be worth discussing, but it is not the case.

13. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well I mean, you can easily argue that the Fo1-version of the perks is pretty lame. They are all just +x% skill increases, and some pretty hefty considering the only requirement is to be level 12. It's almost like they are a last minute fix for players who fucked up their build and now need some fast +% to even it out.

14. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    @Lexx Another playthrough finished. I found this art issue (see screenshot) - duplicate Master graphics after his death.

Attached Files:

15. laclongquan

laclongquan Boned Hunter of Sister

Jan 11, 2008
    When people play Fallout 1in2, they would expect to play with F2 features, not F1. The story and quest are already same as original, if the features are the same there's just no point at all. AT. ALL.

So the default config is F2 feature, not F1. And we like it that way, thus no one complaint.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    @Lexx
    Have any changes to how party npc protos behave been made recently?
    i get some glitches where equipping and de-equipping hardned power armor on npcs chews down strength of a given npc down to 1 they go down by a factor of 3 so it's the PA ST bonus.. also some glithces to how resistances and thresholds behave.

Also has the no PA drop from palladins when destroy armod has been disabled is on purpose?

I get that PA should be destroyed when wearer is gunned down.. but i get no PA even when i superstimp those palladins to death with destroy-armor-disabled.. that ain't fair there's a need of at least 1 or 2 extra PA.. one for tandi and one as icing on the cake for vasquez to take nasty screnshots.. and sicne tandi changes appearance when wearing armor why doesn't she have proper party indepth dialogue and UI?

17. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    What are you talking about. There was never a power armor drop on dead in the game.

18. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    As far as I remeber, in Vanilla Fo1, random Palladin encounters around Brotherhood, dropped PA on death when killed, though it should be considered a bug when PA dropped from a gundown or hth, at least lore wise. Though it shouldn't be considered a bug when palladin died to superstimp overdose..

perhaps one of us will probably have to check it, to be sure..

19. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Only NPCs that have the actual armor in their inventory would drop it. None of the brotherhood people have armor in their inventories.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. agris

Jul 8, 2004
    This never happened in Fallout 1 with TeamX 1.3.5