Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay, thanks. I sent you a message with the email address.

2. vendetta

vendetta First time out of the vault

Dec 27, 2013
    so 6.7 is fixes only patch.. does that mean that when I install it all other added mods will be removed and have just fixes? and is it also incompatible with alpha 6.5 saves?

3. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    It's possible some custom content will remain (as leftovers that didn't get overwritten), but yeah, it should be assumed that the only customizations that will work will be ones available within the installer. On the plus side, at least the ones selectable in the installer actually work now :P In 6.1 installer at least 5 of them are broken :(

If you want, you can just open up DATA\DATA\VAULT13.GAM and change global variables if you want to simulate having enabled features. For example, changing any of these:

Code:
    BOS_LORRI_CHA_ENABLED     :=0;    // (3)   // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER -- default 1 - Can player get CHA boosted at BoS doctor?
    MYST_STRANGER_RESPAWNS    :=0;    // (20)  // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER -- Does Mysterious Stranger still spawn if killed?
    DISPLAY_PLVL_ON_LVLUP     :=0;    // (23)  // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER -- Did player choose "You are now level:" messages display?
    ENABLE_HOOKERS            :=0;    // (33)  // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER -- Do the "active" hookers exist in The Hub's Downtown?
    FREAKS_GIVE_RADS_ON_HIT   :=1;    // (34)  // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER -- Do floaters and centaurs give radiation to player on hit?
    DISPLAY_TITLE_ON_LVLUP    :=1;    // (62)  // ! Fallout FIXT: CHOSEN BY PLAYER - Display player title on level-up? (titles from manual)
    WEAPONDROP_MOD_STATUS     :=0;    //  460  // ! Fallout FIXT: Is the Weapon Drop Mod enabled/installed?
    WEAPONDROP_MOD_MINIMUM    :=1;    //  461  // ! Fallout FIXT: What's the minimum number of hexes from critter that item will spawn?
    WEAPONDROP_MOD_MAXIMUM    :=1;    //  462  // ! Fallout FIXT: What's the maximum number of hexes from critter that item will spawn?

Unfortunately there's lots of customization things that are file-based and not global variable so this wouldn't apply.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I have been listening to and working through the audio version of The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People and it seems to be helping me. :nod: I'm not sure if it will directly help Fixt (i.e. allow me to put out faster releases or whatever) but it's definitely helping me be less obsessive and stressed about it, and my life situation in general.

---

@Clouds Thank you for the screenshot. What did you do or were you doing when the "NightkinError" message showed up? I know what caused the other one, but I don't know what caused this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  5. Clouds

Clouds First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks for the response! I didn't know that I had to report bugs on wikia so I deleted my reply and was trying to figure out how to do it on there.
    As for the ''NightkinError' I really have no idea what might have caused that, I was stepping out of the elevator, I didn't even move a hex and it just showed up.
    Here's a savefile in case you need it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rhrk0ku80h01jrc/SLOT04.rar

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Bug fixed. Thanks for the save game. Great character, by the way. I killed 3 super mutants with 1 shot each in one combat round :nod:

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. Clouds

Clouds First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2013
    Awesome, thank you!

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Alright guys, I have two hours until I have to leave for a Rock Band party. I'm doing my best to get a release to you before then. LIGHTNING ROUND, GO GO GO!

Edit: Fixes Only installer finished.
    Edit2: Compiled; now uploading.
    Edit3: WOO, FINISHED! I'm so awesome.

Version 6.7.1 uploaded. German Uncut version not available yet, sorry.

Doesn't include nearly as many features as I'd like, but if you don't mind reading a novel (AND SPOILERS!!!! WARNING) you can check out the Change Log which has lots of new stuff.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  10. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    Great! Hope you had fun at the party.

11. Echon

Echon First time out of the vault

Apr 26, 2010
  12. JohnnyMnem0nic

JohnnyMnem0nic First time out of the vault

Jan 19, 2014
    Sduibek, INIT_LORRAINE.SSL message popped up after visiting Adytum at first time.

Just left the Glow, bug with traps wasn't fixed though, cause I searched all fifth floor for security disk.

And as I understood it's better not to use quicksave option due to game crashes?

13. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
  14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Actually it is a change log... there's a looooong list of things Fixt changes :P

And yes I usually post a shorter change log of what changed between versions, sorry about that. I was on a time crunch and wanted to get it released before I left the house :)

Change log is a frustrating thing for me because people wanted a comprehensive one, so I finally made it (the document linked above) but now people don't like the comprehensive one. I am now very efficient with documentation; every time I add or change something, even a small thing, I put it in the document right away, but because I'm constantly updating and reformatting the list, it's hard to specifically keep a "just new stuff since last version" list.

I'll try to figure out a way to have both a chronological per-release traditional changelog as well as the comprehensive one, that won't multiple the amount of work. I'll probably be able to come up with a method, we'll see.

EDIT: Okay I've got it, what I'll start doing is when I add or change something in the comprehensive, i'll add a little datestamp reminder to myself. That way when I actually put out a release, I can excerpt up a "new stuff changelog" quickly. :nod:

-

@Echon I am surprised to hear that traps bug isn't fixed, each should now go away once triggered or disarmed... If you mean you can't complete the traps quest in The Glow that's because it's not possible to complete it. I haven't restored that yet -- it was broken content due to developers oversight.

EDIT: Ah okay, I messed up the "gas trap" script. Fixed now.

I will be reuploading the alpha 6.7.1 within the next hour or so, as of that install, traps will work as: 3 tries to disarm, and then it goes off, with the exception of a critical fail will always cause it to go off. I think it works pretty well.

-

EDIT2: Okay, re-uploaded and should be good. Good night everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  15. badhabit

badhabit First time out of the vault

Aug 8, 2012
    Hmm, why some fixed number of tries? Pretty boring and unrealistic... :/ Why not a go off chance ? Maybe something like blow off chance: 45% -sqrt(20*traps-skill) + 5% per try? (skill 20% (minimum), first try: 30%, max skill (100%), first try: 5%)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  16. Echon

Apr 26, 2010
    I am modder myself and I do not find it too hard to pin down that went into a specific release. Just write it down under Next Release or add a date, like you mentioned.

I am not saying it has not been fixed, I was just asking if it was. I stopped playing the game once I ran into that issue (that is, the traps do not disappear even after detonating).

17. Echon

Apr 26, 2010
    I gave The Glow a try with my old savegame and the bug concerning the traps has been fixed. Thanks for the quick patch!

18. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    About the changelog, is there anything in there concerning your weapon tweaks? Like adding Weapon Penetrate to most throwing weapons?

19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oops, no. Thank you, I'll add those.

20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Does anyone have ideas for making a spoiler-free changelog? I really want people who've never played Fallout, to be able to play Fallout Fixt, but there's so many spoilers, I want people to be able to read the list and go "Wow cool!" without it giving away loads of metainfo.