Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. quwey

quwey First time out of the vault

Feb 19, 2014
    hi, I downloaded this and it completed with no error, added loads of stuff to my fallout folder, but when I actually launch fallout nothing has changed whatsoever, what did I do wrong??? please help. P.S. I,m not computer savvy in any way or form.

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Hello and welcome to the forum,

- Please define "loads of stuff" - could you provide a screenshot of your Fallout folder? In Windows you press PrintScreen button (usually Function+End on laptops) and then open Paint.exe (Start -> type in Paint -> hit Enter) and then paste it (Ctrl+V). Then save the file (Ctrl+S), do you know how to upload it to any websites? If not, I'll give you my email address.

- Please define "nothing has changed" - if you click Credits in the game, does it start the credits with "= FALLOUT FIXT ="? It should. If not, something definitely didn't go correctly. Also it should mention TeamX and Fallout Fixt by Sduibek in the bottom-right of the main menu. Lastly, if you begin a new game and hover the mouse over your character and then Left-click, it should give you a message "You look at yourself for a while. Do you like what you see?"

3. tnovak

tnovak First time out of the vault

Feb 21, 2014

Hi!

First of all I would like to thank you for your great mod!

But I have the same issue described here, the crash while giving holodisk to Cabbot. I tried to update the scripts, but unfortunately I'm still getting the crash :?

Tried the save with holodisk already in my inventory. Didn't try save before taking the holodisk yet.

Can you please help me or I have to go through the Glow again?

Thank you!

Here is the save:

http://uloz.to/xUYWmr51/slot07-zip

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    @tnovak Bummer :( Thanks for trying though and thank you for the save. I'll get this sorted out.

If I can fix it, you should be able to just continue from that save, instead of having to do it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
  6. Kane Vollstrecker

Kane Vollstrecker First time out of the vault

Feb 7, 2014

i dont know but it think you was the Guy will make Mutant Armor and more Creatures loots Arts for your Fallout Fixt Mod? or iam wrong?:?

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Mutant armor for player yes, not sure what you mean by loot art.

8. Kane Vollstrecker

Feb 7, 2014
    things you can loot from Creatures like Meat,Claws,Pelts etc...:wink:

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh! Meat, yes.

10. Kane Vollstrecker

Feb 7, 2014
    i have played it a year ago and i like it very much.:wink:

Will you make a Fallout 2 Fixt?when this is done?

11. tnovak

tnovak First time out of the vault

Feb 21, 2014
    Thank you very much, it works! :dance: I just tried it and now I'm in BOS with no problems.

I'll report here, if something goes wrong, but I hope it's all fixed now.

Thank you again and keep your great work for F1 fans! :boy:

12. mrbasedog

mrbasedog First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2014
    I've added the files that allow me to get into the Brotherhood as I was having the same problem as some of the other people here, but whenever I try and get an augmentation done for one of my stats I crash and get a memory at error. Was just wondering what was up?

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

Hmm. My huunch here is that the time passing is the issue; operations take anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks. There's probably a time-related script during that time that's doing something it shouldn't.

Anyway, I will need a savegame from you to troubleshoot. Also, could you please include the install log file from {Fallout Fixt}\DATA\FIXT? I want to see if something went wrong during installation that is causing the issue. File should be install.log, but it could also be a .txt file. Thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. phillon

phillon First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2013
    About to start my playthrough of FIXT 6.7.2.1; will let you know of any issues I come across. Very impressive work Sduibek, the installer and everything is very professionally done. Thanks again for all your work in this.

15. Blazemere

Blazemere First time out of the vault

Feb 26, 2014
    Sduibek, I have a couple of related bugs to report. It's possible these are known issues or whatever, but I didn't find them listed anywhere. I'm using alpha 6.7.2 Full Custom (although I wouldn't be surprised if this issue has existed for a while). If I am carrying too much inventory (seems easy to do through barter) and I try to take something out of a bag then the item disappears into the void. In addition, if I am carrying too much inventory and I try to put something into a bag then the item does not go into the bag and instead disappears into the void (this one might be hard to notice at first because you expect the item to disappear when putting it into a bag, but if you look in the bag after doing so you can see it is not there).

Anyhow, now that I understand what is going on it seems easy enough to avoid (at first I couldn't understand why my crap was disappearing). Also, I think someone already mentioned that there doesn't seem to be any movement or AP penalties from being overburdened. Although the lack of penalties did help me to uncover these item disappearing bugs (I guess that could be considered an overburdened penalty! :P ). So in short, if you are overburdened you can't make use of a bag (well you can, but any items transfered to or from the bag will disappear).

16. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Interesting, I did not know about those two issues.

Honestly I've considered a few times getting rid of bags entirely because of how many issues they can cause. I'm not sure if inventory organization is worth duplicated items, lost items and items not detected properly.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. phillon

Jul 23, 2013
    I vote to get rid of the bags Sduibek. They add little to the game in my opinion and I can see how these can cause some bugs. Just toss em out, not a major feature. Save yourself some trouble so that you can focus on other areas.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I'll still need to make it optional so that the purists don't freak out ;) But I'll have it checked by default and put "Recommended"

19. phillon

Jul 23, 2013
    Hi Sduibek; just wanna report a bug (not a major one, just the missing caravans side quest that doesn't work). Must I do it on the wiki or can I do it here? Also, I have a savegame with the bug easily reproducible, but I can't find where to upload it. Can I upload the zip file to NMA forums or to the wiki and if so, how? Or must I just email the zip file and bug info to you?

20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Shhiiiiiit that probably means I broke it. Wiki is best for bug posts, but you can put here if you want, that just means I gotta copy it over to the wiki after :P

Whatever is easiest for you for that file... most people just upload to some filehosting site and then give me a URL to the file. Dropbox, Mediafire, Filefront, etc etc.