Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Fox Wernicke

Fox Wernicke First time out of the vault

Sep 11, 2014
    You could just move your cursor around to fix the problem like I do when I Alt+Tab from dialogue, everything comes into view.

2. DarthRommel

DarthRommel First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2015
    Like I posted a few posts ago, it is constantly happening even when I move the cursor over the screen. Alt tabbing doesn't do anything to help the problem either.

3. Mujar

Mujar First time out of the vault

Jun 10, 2015
    Chrome itself is telling me the file has malicious content. I've had my anti-virus give false positives before but Chrome itself has never stamped something I've downloaded as malicious. When trying to go ahead with the download I'm told that "this file will harm my computer", and asked if I'm sure I want to download it regardless. Is this something that is known or has the file been tinkered with? If it were just my anti-virus saying it could be malicious that would be one thing, but I've never had this happen before. Can anyone help?

4. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Have you run the refresh program? f1_screen_refresh.exe, run it before you start the game. This is what we used before f1_res included a black-screen fix.

Also as usual, make sure your graphics card drivers and DirectX are up-to-date. Links for DirectX download and other things to try are in the Troubleshooting Fallout Fixt.txt file in your Fallout Fixt installation folder.

EDIT: Hmmm, I forgot I'd removed it from the Fixt installer. I guess I shouldn't have done that. You can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/msb4ddqj4pvmzz9/fo1_screen_refresh.zip?dl=1

I agree this is odd. And concerning. Could you possibly provide a screenshot? What exact file are you downloading and from where? (Mediafire, GameFront etc)

EDIT: Indeed, it blocked the German Uncut download for me when I tried from Mediafire. What the hell? I'll look into this, thank you for reporting it.

EDIT2: Definitely seems to be an issue with Chrome. I can run the Fixes Only installer through www.virustotal.com and it naturally gets 0 hits. Can't scan the larger installer sizes because it only accepts up to 128MB.

EDIT3: I think it's only the ones on Mediafire. I'm okay with that; Mediafire sucks anyway. The amount of ads they have is ridiculous.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. dambros

dambros First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2015
    I am about to start my first ever Fallout1 playthrough (just need to finish Witcher3), and I stumbled across this topic which got me interested.

I didn't read all 140+ pages but I keep seeing references to the date June 28th, which I assume is the date of a new version of Fixt, am I right?

My question is, should I wait the new release since I am not in a hurry or will I be able to update the mod once a new version is out without losing progression? Also as it is my first time, I guess a purist install is recommended, right?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. DarthRommel

DarthRommel First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2015
    -In reply to Sduibek- I appreciate the reply sir. I will try that when I get off work tomorrow. Thank you and I will keep you up to date.

7. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    gamefront eh??
    well that's a bummer gamefront doesn't support downloads from my country. for now I'm fine with the patches already downloaded earlier, but when the next version comes out I hope it's going to be gamefront plus somwhere where i can download those files. btw Sduibek I left You a note in other topic concerning mediafire... since there is no mediafire links i'm unable to verify if the files are indeed infected or not or if just that unlucky guy has a trojan clipper/dropper etc. somwhere on his sytem btw folks use adblockers and noscript like add ons whether chrome firefox or whatever it doen't hurt and You often save yourself a lot of headakes...

8. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    Could someone mirror the "Full Custom" download file to Megaupload or something?
    I can't download from Gamefront, it goes to the "your download will be ready soon" and then after a few seconds the next page says that it couldn't be loaded.

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I'm working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.

@gustarballs1983 @Mr Fish Is http://www.moddb.com blocked in your countries?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  10. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    I tried downloading a small file and it worked fine, so it ain't blocked for me.

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Excellent, thank you.

12. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    When I tried to install it at the end it said "Extended Copy Utility has stopped working".
    That something to worry about?

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Ehhhh probably not. Presumably that's a failure of XCOPY.exe which I'm currently using as a rudimentary way to back up savegames. I need to find a better way to do that...

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Fallout Fixt is now mirrored at Google Drive, and uploads of files & screenshots to moddb.com are pending. Thank you all for your patience.

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Okay everyone, the first post of this thread now allows Fixt to be downloaded from 4 locations:
    GameFront
    Google Drive
    Mod DB
    GitHub
    :cool:

16. Jacoby Boyer

Jacoby Boyer First time out of the vault

Jun 14, 2015
    So I just installed Fixt an hour ago and have tried multiple times to reload my saves (I downloaded the mod because I was getting a crash in the Cathedral Vault entrance) however I can't load a single save state, I'm just getting the same crash from the vault entrance and even after replacing the saves with back ups the crashes continue. Has this happened before? Would you happen to know a fix? I couldn't find anything about it on your bug list.

17. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    there is a bug/crash on catedral that comes from a bad file inside fallout 1's iso that comes from "alternative" places, could that be your case? i know it was mine. ;) :P

18. Jacoby Boyer

Jun 14, 2015
    It could be, the only problem is I'm unable to load any old save, though saves not in the Cathedral simply state the save is unable to be loaded while any Cathedral saves simply crash the game and give me a long string of numbers and mention the memory could not be loaded.

19. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I can double-check but I'm pretty sure it says in multiple places during the installation that old saves are not compatible. If you're coming from any non-Fixt version of Fallout, your saves won't work with Fixt.

EDIT: I've just modified the source code for the installers so that it warns more strongly of savegame-incompatibility :)

That being said, there's a hack that could hypothetically work. Go into {Fallout Fixt}\DATA\DATA and rename VAULT13.GAM to VAULT13-Fixt.GAM

This will mess up future characters significantly if you don't rename the file back to its original title before starting new games. But it can potentially allow you to keep playing a vanilla character with Fixt.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  20. Jacoby Boyer

Jun 14, 2015
    Thanks, However it didn't ultimately work because it just ended up bringing back the issue I downloaded the Fix for, so I guess I'll just suffer through the restart.

Would there be any way that I could edit a few things so that the timer til Vault 13 runs out of water is back to normal, it's showing 60,000 days now on my play through.