Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. MapHtH

MapHtH First time out of the vault

Dec 24, 2004
    Have you tried hosting it on google drive?

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Ehhh... I don't think so. Thus far my experience with Google Drive has been that it really sucks.

A great example is that I was trying to use Google Drive app on the PC to upload files for translations, and I spent probably five hours trying to get it to work -- nothing. I switched to Dropbox and it worked immediately. No setup, no thing, just works, and it's never had even the most minor of issues.

3. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Unforseen issues is an annoying part of modding. I forgot about how the game links Sound IDs to graphics filenames, so I had to rename all the NPC graphics files for Katja/Ian/Tycho which is a tedious process of running over a thousand files through a batch renamer. :roll:

EDIT make that over 2000 actually. oh well.

4. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I need testers, so please if you have time to playtest some things, send me a PM or email or reply to this thread. Thanks!

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi everyone, I need testers, so please if you have time to playtest some things, send me a PM or email or reply to this thread. Thanks!

Oooo details on this please!

6. coldroll

coldroll Fuck Bethesda

Jul 4, 2012
    When playing Fallout 1 Megamod my game will sometimes crash on some of times randomly crash. The next time it happens I'll upload a picture of the error message. Great mod by the way makes Fallout 1 more fun to play. Also is it possible to add idle noises to the npc's like the ants,rats,rad scorpions etc? I noticed that they do in Fallout 2 and thought it might be something cool to add to Fallout 1.

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Do you mean crashes on the world map?

And yeah I like the extra sounds from Fallout 2, I've thought of doing that.

8. RyanFialcowitz

RyanFialcowitz It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 30, 2005
    I can help- I sent you email to that effect as well. Not sure which you check more often so I thought to cover my bases.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Excellent! Thank you.
    I'm away from my computer for a bit, so I'll send you more info once I'm back :)
    Might not be until tomorrow.

10. RyanFialcowitz

Jul 30, 2005
    Ha, I'm ALWAYS at my computer!

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

11. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Are you sure that's healthy? ;)

12. RyanFialcowitz

Jul 30, 2005
    Dude! It's FALLOUT. . . How else am I supposed to learn how to survive a post apocalyptic future?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

13. saskacon

saskacon First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2013
    Hey, I Know its a Tad Late To Jump in, But To Quickly State, I Saw this Forum And Just Downloaded Fallout Fixt, And Also Noticed It was Still Active! Makes Me Happy =D
    I'd Like to Help With the Playtesting, Just tell me What to Do or What I'm Looking For and i'll Do it.
    I've Sent my Email To You as well So If you Want to Easily Contact me.

14. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Excellent! I'll send you an email :)

15. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Credits.txt is finally finished for upcoming version. Proper credit should now be included to everyone involved in FIXT, and everyone involved in all the patches/mods/utilities that FIXT includes.

Only exception is testers, I think I may have missed a few :(

Considering how much stuff is included in this mod, the credits are quite long :D Almost as long as the original credits actually.

16. coldroll

coldroll Fuck Bethesda

Jul 4, 2012
    95% of time it's on the world map.

17. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    Great job!

FIXT is really a blessing for Fallout! I am sorry I can't be a tester for you but I can't commit time to this as I am busy with my own (non Fallout) modding activity.

18. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Oh cool, which game are you modding?

19. Salk

Salk First time out of the vault

May 5, 2010
    I am *trying* to make some fixes to one other old favourite of mine: Knights of the Old Republic.

I have already done something (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=212668 and http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2278-kotor-tentative-fixes-in-manaan-tester-needed/) but not much and my skill is close to null... :)

20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Sounds like your skill is fine if you can fix scripting stuff :P Do you have any programming background?

And do you know what language is the scripting code based on?

I don't know why this reminded me of it, but I've been wanting to do a tiny Doom3 mod for quite a while. It'll just change ammo storage amounts to more realistic (smaller) values. That's about it :lol: