Fallout is now a fighting game!

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
https://kotaku.com/smash-bros-ultimate-is-getting-a-small-crossover-with-1844117737

Kind of. I can't say I am surprised Bethesda is now whoring out the last vestiges of RPG left in this once esteemed RPG series. You do realize this is the beginning of the end? What other Fallout abominations are in store for us in the future? Leave a comment and let me know what you think. I still have my hopes for a sellout Fallout RTS or 4X game. I'd buy that for a dollar.

NMA...professional journalism. Always.

I never understood why Bethesda didn't use the Vaultboy face for the Pint-Sized-Slasher mask, instead of the clown.

I mean, bugthesda has been whoring out the franchise for over a decade at this point, can't say I am surprised.

Remember how street fighter had ads on skulls of one of the characters? Yeah, they can still go lower.

Just look at TLoU 2, Konami, EA, etc.

Remember pip boy? I member.
I do.

*If by chance you mean that the name seems to have changed... (I cannot tell ;) )

Pip Boy, and Vault Boy aren't the same character; (as some do believe). Pip Boy is the Rob Co. mascot; on the Pip-Boy.

Mascots.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't 76 try to whore out the 2000 model pip-boy. I played the game back in 2018 and I legitimately can't remember if they replaced the pip-boy with vault boy or if they actually kept it on

Oh. I remember it is meant to be the 2000 explicitly.

I do like the 76 design better than the 4 design even if it does share the repulsive design quality of looking inherently plastic/toy-ish so that it matches the actual plastic crap models they sell to people.

Dirty it up and make it look like it's made of actual rusted metal instead of a Toys R Us product and it'd be decent tbh

[Yes. ;) ] It's the art work from the game. It looks like a hand held device; also the scale of the diamond-wire mesh and the vacuum tubes; and the presumed depth of the CRT screen, makes it seem impossible as a wrist mounted cuff, or over-sized watch.

*And the scale of the post-it style note. The device looks like it's about 8 or 9 inches tall, and flat.

At the least the 76 design fixed the stupid oversight from the New Vegas/3 design where a user would have to reach over and block the screen with their own arm to adjust the dials and use the buttons.

Oh also as for the Pip-Boy being misconstrued as a tablet, additionally you don't see the Vault Dweller wearing it on his wrist in the end movie

There is a discrepancy with the manual and the game about storage capacity of holotapes.

Alas I lost my original manual in a hurricane, but I thought it listed it as 4TB.

The PDF Manual from GoG lists it as 256KB —however in the game, Vree mentions it as 4TB.

VREE said:
{196}{Vree302}{They are high-density, laser-readable, manufactured-crystal storage devices. Each one holds over 4,000 gigabytes of information.}

There is a discrepancy with the manual and the game about storage capacity of holotapes.

Alas I lost my original manual in a hurricane, but I thought it listed it as 4TB.

The PDF Manual from GoG lists it as 256KB —however in the game, Vree mentions it as 4TB.

256kb seems a little low considering the amount of data you offload from them in both 1 and 2, but 4TB seems on the excessive side. I guess it is retrofuture tape storage so it could make sense.

This looks very stupid. And it actually does still irritate me. Not nearly as much as something like Fallout Shelter did at the time, though.

If I actually wanted a Fallout character in a fighting game, almost any other choice would've been more interesting. This is about as cool as just adding a walking sign with the word 'Zenimax' printed on it.

On the other hand, it is still funny to see this parody of corporate marketing repurposed as actual corporate marketing. Funny and depressing

Marcus or Goris in Mortal Kombat 12?

Fallout MOBA too.
They have committed most of the west coast characters to damnatio memoriae. Harold did appear in fallout 3, immobilized by the tree growing out of his head.

With the exception of ways they can appropriate the setting (like San Francisco as Kellogg’s home) you won’t see any reference to the old games.

Most likely you’ll get Desdemona tossing and body slamming Ryu and Darth Vader.

Back