Fallout: New Vegas PC Gamer preview scans

Am I the only one who thinks that this female-doesn't-want-to-look-mutie fits perfectly, remembering my first dialogue with a mutie in F1 they are dumb and crazy enough to act like that, especially when they were female.

UncannyGarlic said:
randir14 said:
I was hoping Obsidian would at least make new animations and character models (maybe Bethesda wouldn't allow them to?) I wasn't expecting to see the exact same super mutants from FO3 and to be honest it's kind of disappointing.
With the time they had it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to make that much new content.

Well, making one new 3D model can't be that much work, can it? At least I hoped they would fix the stupid-looking mouths the FO3 SMs have.

Kradath said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this female-doesn't-want-to-look-mutie fits perfectly, remembering my first dialogue with a mutie in F1 they are dumb and crazy enough to act like that, especially when they were female.
No but I do think that this is a situation where less is more from a visual standpoint (I liked the idea when I first read it, the pictures damaged the illusion). A talking head an Fallout sprite would have done her better justice than what we see in that screenshot. Again, I think that she needs more girly attire to compliment the wig, glasses, and scarf. Currently, she's in the uncanny valley for the game world.

I personally like the sepia tone a lot, but I don't know what part of it is print and what - actual in-game colors. Also I'm pretty certain that these are screenshots whooped together to have something to show, rather than the finished product. I shall reserve my right to judge for now - the game has over half a year more production time (provided that it gets published within the deadline)

I agree with Stanislao. Making a new 3D model or even just making some changes to one shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming. They could just replace the head, at least.

Also, its not just that, it's how shitty that character looks. The scarf, glasses, and the wig look shopped because they stick out like a hardon in tights. Look at the ugly, torn, and dirty supermutant and then look at that neat and brand spanking new looking "attire".

That super mutant is absolutely rubbish. You think that by now with the power of computing that the models would be on par with the original talking heads. The idea that a super mutant would want to wear a wig or glasses is pathetic (even if it is female), and I hope that Chris Avellone has some say in the design process and isn’t at the beck and call of the higher masters (Bethesda bloat heads). I’m sorry to say that there will never probably be another Fallout game on par with the originals, the industry has changed and the dollar is the bottom line. The whole thing looks cheap and ugly, and that wasn’t something you ever experienced in the original game. Obsidian has never made a decent game, and if this is what we have to go by, sadly it looks like they never will…

Nice read, I am hyped.

The dialogue options sound real good, now you probably won't get most of the game out with a single playthrough.

Well it's kinda sad that most models are the same as in vanilla FO3, but is it just me, but are the characters look more streamlined in their appearance?
The mutie with the wig looks more disturbing than silly to me, but yeah, it got a good deal of the latter too...

The weapon with the backpack is probably the 'grenade machine gun'. Everyone who played x-com might remember a gun called autocannon. ;) I really hope that it is going to be the most 'uber' weapon, big no no for the nuke launcher and tesla cannon...

These guys are going to make the most out of the flawed design concepts of fallout3 IMHO...

the info about the game gets me all worked up, because it really sounds like it's gonna be 100x better than F3. but seeing those screens feel like the whole F3 hype all over again, and all the screens just scream out "Bethesda!". when the game finally comes out I hope I can look past that it's Bethesda's horrible game engine, animations and design and concentrate on story and gameplay.

Are the "new" supermutants blind or why the all-white eyes?

And it looks like the player has a dynacord stick in the gecko image. Another Van Buren element (it featured dynacord sticks!).

/Edit: Or dynamite. Might fit better. :)

Kradath said:
I seem to remember there are no genres in supermutants. They all become, not only infertile, but also completely indistinguishable. But I may be wrong.

What I'm not wrong in is saying I won't be buying or playing this game. But Obsidian don't seem to want my money very much, so I don't expect to shock anyone with this...

I strongly disagree with people using "arguments" like:

-these are just a few pictures
-let's wait for it to come out and criticise

When companies leak some photos, they usually make a careful selection, so the mutant was there purposefully.

If we always wait, and never criticise then what? Should we criticise AFTER a game is released? What would be the point Oaktable?

To beg and kneel for lousy patches which may change parts of the game and get mad at the other half which cannot be changed afterwards ?

Really guys, you dissappoint me

Back