Fallout: New Vegas PC Updates

I've updated as well and the game still runs smooth. I could just play approx 30 minutes, but while this, nothing happened. Plus, I think the companions are easier to handle now, when it comes to playing hide and seek. My companions Boone and ED-E have been running away to hunt some punny enemies, while I thought "fuck it", moved away some distance and changed the room. After the loading screen, both have been with me again.

(Tho', hope that's because of the patch and not some funny accident.)

so, i get my first paycheck on friday, should i buy NV or skip it?

is it a worth successor to the fallout name or is it more akin to FINO3

Well, it's much better than Fallout 3 in every category, but still has a taste of Fallout 3 in it. The storytelling is more similar to the original games and the world looks more believable, which is the reason why I like FNV.

If you only don't like Fallout 3, because it's silly dumbshit in story, dialogue and roleplaying option, but you don't really hate the general gameplay (first person + shoting stuff here and there), then you could like New Vegas.

That's just my opinion tho'...

TheWesDude said:
so, i get my first paycheck on friday, should i buy NV or skip it?

is it a worth successor to the fallout name or is it more akin to FINO3

It's a good Fallout FPSRPG. If you don't hate the genre you should buy it.

What Lexx said.
The only aspect I think is worse than Fallout 3 is the bugs. I don't remember so many problems with dumb AI pathfinding and clipping. I did have a companion disappear once(to later be found at the sort of safehouse you get in the game). Also, some weird triggering with one NCR quest regarding the Great Khans.
Other than that, every other aspect is improved, IMO. Fallout 2 in spirit and a better balanced Fallout 3 in mechanics.

It's way better than Fallout 3, but combat is still terrible. Fighting ghouls, nightkin etc. is fucking awful. Aiming sucks, enemies run around mindlessly, as if they were in benny hill, they get stuck on every possible obstacle, animations suck... It all feels clunky. But thankfully NV is not just a fps and you can talk your way out of many fights. It all depend how you want to play it. You can make it a crappy fps or a very good rpg. Just hide the weapon and enjoin it.

strangest thing about the combat is that it seems almost impossible to hit the giant mantises even when they're 95% in VATS

oh yeah and the final battle was spoiled because the [spoiler:d4d1ba134a]legate[/spoiler:d4d1ba134a] got stuck on a rock

Back