Fallout: New Vegas Pre-Order Bonuses

and about the 10mm pistol not being the same...
weapons in good old fallout are "impossible weapons"
few examples: the bozar is a sniper rifle but in your hands appear as an heavy machine gun; the 223. pistol is the blade runner pistol (some kind of rifle/revolver) but is displayed as a smg; all the shotguns are plastic/bull pup but u can see a brown stock...

the 10mm pistol is some kind of auto revolver but it holds 12 rounds and use a magazine
to display a 10mm pistol on screen by some kind of gas operating big pistol was a good choice to me.
IMHO most of F3 flaws are not in weaponry design :mrgreen:

few examples: the bozar is a sniper rifle but in your hands appear as an heavy machine gun;

Wrong. It's the flamer. Every laser, plasma or other big gun of these kind are using the flamer 2d weapon animations.

Also this is only graphical limitation in the active ingame window. In the inventory, you can see every item clearly in it's true shape.

the 10mm pistol is some kind of auto revolver but it holds 12 rounds and use a magazine

10mm pistol in Fallout 1 / 2 has a drum (or cylinder, depends on how it's called in english), not a magazine. But in the end, it doesn't matter much. Fallout 3's 10mm pistol is ugly.

I'm not a big fan of F3 either and to me the flamer looks like some kind of heavy machine gun . :mrgreen:

for the drum thing... nope u see a magazine flying and a drum that holds 12 rounds is way bigger.

But my point is: I don't see a reason to be so picky when the devs try to do something for us old fans :mrgreen:

Edit: sorry for the magazine flying crap.... my bad

and I'm sure that the 10mm pistol that I personally loved is impossible to display cause it's a pistol (not even an handgun) and its displayed as a revolver.

But I must agree... F3 weaponry is ugly :mrgreen:

But if the locations/story/C&C features are not fallout like.... there are the flaws :mrgreen:

But the gun has a drum. If you watch close, you could say, it has both (in the games).

And if you think the big guns animation in Fallout 1 and 2 looks like a machine gun, then you didn't watched good enough. It's clearly the flamer.

Bild2.png

ok, u are right it's a flamer... but certainly not a sniper rifle... so in the end the bozar is a sniper rifle that is displayed with a flamer that shoots like a gatling...
Than there is the 10 mm pistol that is a pistol and uses pistol ammo, holds 12 rounds but have a cylinder like a revolver apparently just for show...

You really imagine a way to display these guns in real life or in a 3d engine?

Bimmy said:

"Real life" is totally not the target. This is a game and not "real life" and yes, it's no problem to do this stuff in a 3d engine, as every of these models have been created as 3d models first.

It's just a matter of how much work you want to spend on this stuff and if you want to recreate them at all.

I actually would reserve the tribal pack but you haft to do it through amazon which mean's you arent garaunteed you will get the game when everyone else get's it from like gamestop.

Lexx said:
Bimmy said:

"Real life" is totally not the target. This is a game and not "real life" and yes, it's no problem to do this stuff in a 3d engine, as every of these models have been created as 3d models first.

It's just a matter of how much work you want to spend on this stuff and if you want to recreate them at all.

yes you can create them but if you do a huge 10mm revolver there is no point in the 10mm pistol name...

For the bozar you have to come up with something at least creative... If you look at fan made bozars implemented in F3 it's hard to find 2 of em that looks the same so u need to redesign them: some model looks like more sniper rifles some other more like big guns... you need to rethink them and its a matter of tastes... Beth designs ends up being generally bland and ugly :mrgreen:
but worst are things like the city killer being trashed for some tommygun shotgun, the introduction of crappy AK47-like rifles or redesigning all the energy weapons to be crap or misplace critical kills effects like laser cremation, horrible ragdoll etc

IMHO the real problems are not in this aspect of the game :roll:

Curious Bimmy, how does a weapon that's in inventory become impossible due to the simplisitc version displayed with the character?

More so a limitation of the developer's time to create a unique animation for every gun for every armer style for both sexes for all races, no? Instead we have a "pistol", an "SMG", a .etc as placeholder for many weapons.

Or I missed something in translation that I'll slap my forehead in awe of my stupidity reading this tomorrow.

Real problems in F3 are:

Railroaded and plain stupid story
Best turn based combat ever trashed for some bland fps approach
balanced with vats (pause and kill in slow motion with immortality)
bland npcs
bland pc (ending with every stat maxed)
stupid degradation system on weapons (4 magazines and your gun is fked)
stupid IA
ugly PC controls with keyboard
stupid factions like The Family
reused factions like BOS and Enclave
C&C only in one quest in the entire game
etc.

Jay Null said:
Curious Bimmy, how does a weapon that's in inventory become impossible due to the simplisitc version displayed with the character?

Like I said is not impossible but u have to chose If u wanna use the image in the inventory screen or the general function of the weapon.
In games like fallout1/2 u have to use a bit of imagination...
again the 10mm pistol is not supposed to be a revolver but is displayed like a strange pistol with a cylinder placed in the slide...
reload animation, recoil animations... u can make the slide move or the cylinder rotate when u fire, but to reload u will pull down a magazine from below or change cylinder or what?
And in the image the cylinder seems to hold 5/6 rounds how can u do a cylinder for 12 rounds? how big the gun will be ect.

Edit: not to mention that the description and the image usually contradict each other: in example "A Colt 6520 10mm autoloading pistol. Each pull of the trigger will automatically reload the firearm until the magazine is empty. Single shot only, using the powerful 10mm round." when u see a "cool shit" image of the gun from Hard Boiled that is actually a revolver.

Don't double post, you can paste multiple quotes into one post if needed.

I think they changed the 10mm pistol's appearance for legal reasons - the original was copied from Hard Boiled.

The design of FO3 N99 pistol is not that bad I guess, I just hope there would be 14mm Pistol in F:NV.

Back