fallout new vegas sales 39.98 EUR = 52.5847 USD

Ausir said:
I can't speak Dutch, but it looks as if it's a used copy.

No, 99 percent sure its not a used game. Im a regular customer with gamemania so I know their symbol and sign use and site(-shelf).

following link directs you to the used section, they always use very clear signs to distinguish second hand from not used games.

http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=94&select=Used&show=22

I should be happy in a way that I have access to games so cheap (although XBOX games are always more expensive), but so soon after release makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Realy its the
first time I encounter this situation, its strange. I should ask them.

$52 USD doesn't seem like half the price to me. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I feel as if I bought it at the midnight release for ~60 USD?

Little Robot said:
$52 USD doesn't seem like half the price to me. Maybe I'm misremembering, but I feel as if I bought it at the midnight release for ~60 USD?
Indeed, the game was released at $59.99 USD for PS3 and X360. Also, the version posted wouldn't work on any NTSC system

Wait, I know this is random because this article is on about euros and dollars, but does anyone know the exchange rate of GBP to USD so I can figure out if the price is about right. Here in Britain a new copy is £40. So if in America the new game is $60, is the exchange rate 1 to 1.5?

Mr Krepe said:
Wait, I know this is random because this article is on about euros and dollars, but does anyone know the exchange rate of GBP to USD so I can figure out if the price is about right. Here in Britain a new copy is £40. So if in America the new game is $60, is the exchange rate 1 to 1.5?
39.98 EUR = 34.0354 GBP
1 EUR = 0.851311 GBP
1 GBP = 1.17466 EUR

60.00 USD = 39.0002 GBP
1 USD = 0.650003 GBP
1 GBP = 1.53845 USD

Little Robot said:

True, I payed 60 EURO= 78.5918 USD for it when it was released, so actually the difference for me would be 1 third

Thanks Takashi, so in a way, the American game is either cheaper than it usually would be, or the British game is more expensive than it usually would be. Either way, i'm not happy.

Yeah so full price is about right, because £40 times by 1.5 is definitely $60, I should be right. Then $52 times by 0.5 is £26, wait that doesn't seem right.

Back