Fallout: Nuka Break fan film trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Youtube now hosts the trailer of an upcoming 12-17 minute long fan film for Fallout. The press release refers to "the humor and style of the Fallout universe, but from the looks of the trailer it appears to be a slapstick comedy, and I don't see the relation that has to Fallout. Still, well-made.<blockquote>Wayside Creations Seeks to Entertain With Fallout Fan Film -- “Fallout: Nuka Break”!

Los Angeles, California – (December 17th, 2010) Wayside Creations is proud to announce the release of the full length trailer for “FALLOUT: NUKA BREAK”, a fan-made, non-profit short film based on the Fallout series of video games by Black Isle Studios, Obsidian Entertainment, and Bethesda Softworks. Written by Brian Clevinger (Nuklearpower.com’s 8-Bit Theater) and Zack Finfrock (Indymogul.com’s Backyard FX) who also stars in and co-directs the film with Julian Higgins (Poker Run). “Nuka Break” takes the humor and style of the Fallout universe and brings it to life on the small screen, featuring the talents of Tybee Diskin, Aaron Giles, Kevin Brooks, Robert Thorne, Michelle Specht, and Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z). The full film is slated to be released by January 1st, 2011.

STORY SUMMARY

Twig (Zack Finfrock), a former Vault 10 Dweller, as he searches the barren wasteland of eastern California for ice-cold Nuka Cola. Along for the ride is Ben (Aaron Giles), a radiation-ravaged ghoul, and Scarlett (Tybee Diskin), a sexy former slave. Together, the three attempt to survive both the harsh wastes and a relentless group of bounty hunters while trying to find the coveted beverage – Nuka Cola.

To view the trailer, visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvztobKlEMI

ABOUT WAYSIDE CREATIONS

A new, upstart indie production company that specializes in web content, run by a group of four filmmaker friends. They've recently taken on the reigns of Indymogul.com's do-it yourself filmmaking web series, "Backyard FX". In addition, they were recently honored the grand prize of $250,000 in Godaddy.com's "Commercial Contest - Summer Edition" with their entry "Russell's Notebook". </blockquote><center><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvztobKlEMI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></center>

2. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

Aug 19, 2010
    It really should be on the East Coast I think.

3. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    That was a wild ride. It's weird they mentioned Caesar's Legion at the start but then proceeded to use all the music and sound effects from Fallout 3.

4. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    Little do you know that this is actually the first theatrical trailer for Beth's Fallout 4.

5. KING SHIT

KING SHIT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 25, 2010
    That was fucking awful.

6. Kindo

Kindo Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 26, 2003
    I especially like that the women in the production looked just as post-apocalyptic as you'd expect. Sigh. Well done, I guess.

7. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    I think it's closer to Fallout 2 than Fallout 3, in tone.

8. FractalArt

FractalArt First time out of the vault

Sep 23, 2010
    That bugs me too :|

Overall, it may be decent. Many other Fallout fan films on the internet aren't usually more than 5 minutes long and don't have much of a story.

9. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Very much so. This kind of fan made crap makes Ed Wood look like a genius.

10. TheUnwashed

TheUnwashed First time out of the vault

Feb 28, 2008
    Yeah, thought so myself. I know there are one s that liked F2 silliness, and one s that really thought it was awful, I for one liked it... it enhanced the abstract nature of the game (self-reference), being a game of the mind more than an action game... I don't know, funny things like the lucky eight ball and it s actual effects of carrying it, really were convincing to me.

As for the cartoonnesque look of the actors, that's pretty falloutisch in my opinion. F3 tried to much realism, and had to less character and flavor as a result.

Seen the movie zombieland (2009) Thats a convincing mix of slap-stick and horror. Its funny, but characters were really convincing, convincing enough that is.

11. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Is there anything in the world more terrible than an unfunny comedy?

12. RoseKilla

RoseKilla First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2009
    Oh my... I really regret watching this...this something. Everything is so wrong with it, the costumes, the setup, the jokes...
    Have they even stopped for a second and thought that it all may suck? Seriously. It just looks like some lame mainstream comedy to me.

13. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    I wish that there was a "wild wasteland" option for FO2. Would that be possible to implement in a mod, I wonder.

14. Arden

Arden Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 26, 2010
    Uh oh.... that does not sound good. Guess i better skip this one to save my eysies some unnecessary wear and tear.

15. mobucks

mobucks President of racism. Orderite

May 22, 2010
    you guys are such haters haha i actually liked it. It had flair if nothing else. And the props were true, always a plus.

At least we diddnt have to choke on some bad CGI. So tired of CGI.

16. grayx

grayx It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 3, 2008
    For a change I liked this clip. I even giggled few times.

Promising, but that ak47su or something is somewhat odd in fallout...

17. phatman69er

phatman69er First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2010
    i dont think this was made to cater to "real" fallout fans
    problably more along the lines of xbox owners ad casual gamers

18. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Women in short skirts, showing lotsa' flesh, phat gunz and shootin', that's what fallout is all about. It almost feels like an insult that "Fallout" is papped on it there. :roll:

19. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    You're telling me that ruined overpass wasn't CG?

Cuz I could've sworn it was pretty crappy CG.

20. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    Also an overpass in the middle of nowhere.... just grass? and some rocks?

oh yeah... the crappy CGI!!!!!