Fallout: Nuka Break fan film trailer

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Youtube now hosts the trailer of an upcoming 12-17 minute long fan film for Fallout. The press release refers to "the humor and style of the Fallout universe, but from the looks of the trailer it appears to be a slapstick comedy, and I don't see the relation that has to Fallout. Still, well-made.<blockquote>Wayside Creations Seeks to Entertain With Fallout Fan Film -- “Fallout: Nuka Break”!

Los Angeles, California – (December 17th, 2010) Wayside Creations is proud to announce the release of the full length trailer for “FALLOUT: NUKA BREAK”, a fan-made, non-profit short film based on the Fallout series of video games by Black Isle Studios, Obsidian Entertainment, and Bethesda Softworks. Written by Brian Clevinger (Nuklearpower.com’s 8-Bit Theater) and Zack Finfrock (Indymogul.com’s Backyard FX) who also stars in and co-directs the film with Julian Higgins (Poker Run). “Nuka Break” takes the humor and style of the Fallout universe and brings it to life on the small screen, featuring the talents of Tybee Diskin, Aaron Giles, Kevin Brooks, Robert Thorne, Michelle Specht, and Vic Mignogna (Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragon Ball Z). The full film is slated to be released by January 1st, 2011.

STORY SUMMARY

Twig (Zack Finfrock), a former Vault 10 Dweller, as he searches the barren wasteland of eastern California for ice-cold Nuka Cola. Along for the ride is Ben (Aaron Giles), a radiation-ravaged ghoul, and Scarlett (Tybee Diskin), a sexy former slave. Together, the three attempt to survive both the harsh wastes and a relentless group of bounty hunters while trying to find the coveted beverage – Nuka Cola.

To view the trailer, visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvztobKlEMI

ABOUT WAYSIDE CREATIONS

A new, upstart indie production company that specializes in web content, run by a group of four filmmaker friends. They've recently taken on the reigns of Indymogul.com's do-it yourself filmmaking web series, "Backyard FX". In addition, they were recently honored the grand prize of $250,000 in Godaddy.com's "Commercial Contest - Summer Edition" with their entry "Russell's Notebook". </blockquote><center><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zvztobKlEMI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></center>

That was a wild ride. It's weird they mentioned Caesar's Legion at the start but then proceeded to use all the music and sound effects from Fallout 3.

I especially like that the women in the production looked just as post-apocalyptic as you'd expect. Sigh. Well done, I guess.

Kindo said:
I especially like that the women in the production looked just as post-apocalyptic as you'd expect. Sigh. Well done, I guess.

That bugs me too :|

Overall, it may be decent. Many other Fallout fan films on the internet aren't usually more than 5 minutes long and don't have much of a story.

Brother None said:
I think it's closer to Fallout 2 than Fallout 3, in tone.

Yeah, thought so myself. I know there are one s that liked F2 silliness, and one s that really thought it was awful, I for one liked it... it enhanced the abstract nature of the game (self-reference), being a game of the mind more than an action game... I don't know, funny things like the lucky eight ball and it s actual effects of carrying it, really were convincing to me.

As for the cartoonnesque look of the actors, that's pretty falloutisch in my opinion. F3 tried to much realism, and had to less character and flavor as a result.

Seen the movie zombieland (2009) Thats a convincing mix of slap-stick and horror. Its funny, but characters were really convincing, convincing enough that is.

Oh my... I really regret watching this...this something. Everything is so wrong with it, the costumes, the setup, the jokes...
Have they even stopped for a second and thought that it all may suck? Seriously. It just looks like some lame mainstream comedy to me.

TheUnwashed said:
Brother None said:
I think it's closer to Fallout 2 than Fallout 3, in tone.

Yeah, thought so myself. I know there are one s that liked F2 silliness, and one s that really thought it was awful, I for one liked it... it enhanced the abstract nature of the game (self-reference), being a game of the mind more than an action game... I don't know, funny things like the lucky eight ball and it s actual effects of carrying it, really were convincing to me.

I wish that there was a "wild wasteland" option for FO2. Would that be possible to implement in a mod, I wonder.

Uh oh.... that does not sound good. Guess i better skip this one to save my eysies some unnecessary wear and tear.

you guys are such haters haha i actually liked it. It had flair if nothing else. And the props were true, always a plus.

At least we diddnt have to choke on some bad CGI. So tired of CGI.

For a change I liked this clip. I even giggled few times.

Promising, but that ak47su or something is somewhat odd in fallout...

i dont think this was made to cater to "real" fallout fans
problably more along the lines of xbox owners ad casual gamers

Women in short skirts, showing lotsa' flesh, phat gunz and shootin', that's what fallout is all about. It almost feels like an insult that "Fallout" is papped on it there. :roll:

mobucks said:
you guys are such haters haha i actually liked it. It had flair if nothing else. And the props were true, always a plus.

At least we diddnt have to choke on some bad CGI. So tired of CGI.

You're telling me that ruined overpass wasn't CG?

Cuz I could've sworn it was pretty crappy CG.

Back