Fallout NV Ultimate Edition out in February 2012

Sorry folks, I can't wait no more, tomorrow morning I'm gonna buy all the fuckin dlcs from the PSN, even if I hate doing that.
The vanilla version seems too 'butchered' to me...

Cant wait for the Ultimate Edition ! I have lonesome road but now im just gonna wait for this to be released.

That means I will have 2 Fallout 3 games and 2 NV games for the PS3...
Atleast they know how to make money :D

Driver Nephi said:
Atleast they know how to make money :D
That's half the point. After all the DLCs are released, they re-release the game with everything bundled, knowing that original buyers will buy it again. It's still cheaper than buying all the DLCs at full price. I bought the Collector's Edition (love my Platinum Chip) and even I was planning to get the Ultimate Edition for the DLCs. Then Steam offered everything Fallout at 75% off on Thanksgiving day. Don't need the Ultimate Edition now.

Keep watching NMA for news about Steam sales. That's how I found out about it. There's bound to be more before the Ultimate Edition is released. Think about it. Here's a price breakdown for New Vegas. If you already own the game and are just looking for the DLCs, a Steam sale is a pretty good deal.

Full Price on Steam: New Vegas = $19.99, all 6 DLCs = $45.94, TOTAL = $65.93

Ultimate Edition: New Vegas + all 6 DLCs = $39.99

50% off on Steam: New Vegas = $9.99, all 6 DLCs = $22.94, TOTAL = $32.93
(Ultimate Edition might still be considered a good deal if you haven't bought the game yet.)

75% off on Steam: New Vegas = $4.99, all 6 DLCs = $11.44, TOTAL = $16.43
(If they offer this deal again.)

I play it on the PS3 but they might have pricedrops there aswell ?

But anyway, I want to have it all on a disc. So im gonna buy the Ultimate Edition even if I can get all the DLC's for cheap money on PSN.

Console versions of Ultimate Edition are $10 more at $49.99. If you have a PC you should consider getting the PC version. It's cheaper and you can add mods. But, it's up to you. The most important thing is to have fun playing!

Yes, but I just finished a good 73 hour game with NV, so im gonna take my time and wait to buy it until the price drops enough. Like I did with Fallout 3 GOTY edition, almost got that one for free hehe.

Yep, the price will drop, but it may take a while. F3 GOTY was released in the late fall of 2009 for $56.99. I got my F3 GOTY for the PC a year ago for $28.99, which was a year after it's release. For PS3, it is currently selling for about $20, but that's 2 years after it's release.

You'll have to be very patient or watch PSN for a sale.

I still find the PS3 version near unplayable in certain areas. And there will be no more patches.

Really pisses me off too. I have NO lag issues with Skyrim but tonnes with FO:NV. I'd almost think Bethsda was sticking it to Obsidian but that would be petty of them...

A friend of mine plays NV on pc and has no lag issues at all. I envy that.

Josan said:
I still find the PS3 version near unplayable in certain areas. And there will be no more patches.

Really pisses me off too. I have NO lag issues with Skyrim but tonnes with FO:NV. I'd almost think Bethsda was sticking it to Obsidian but that would be petty of them...

A friend of mine plays NV on pc and has no lag issues at all. I envy that.

The game is a hardcore memory hog and the PS3 has the least a available memory, PCs will generally have the most. I've played through the game 8 times on the PS3 though, including recently with all the DLC and once before even the first patch came out, there are issues, but usually nothing that exiting out of the game and reloading won't fix.

Also I generally do less on a single run through the game, because I like playing a variety of characters, but it also helps performance because the performance gets much worse as the save file grows.

Anyone know how the dlc is bundled with the ultimate edition pc retail version? Is it on a disc or just download codes? I already have the main game, but the UE is way cheaper than buying the dlc separately.

WillisPDunlevey said:
I was wondering if they were going to produces a UE guide... sometimes I have to know where the nearest bent tin can is.

I was curious about that myself.

Any used copies showing up in stores? :)

I guess when I have a decent gaming rig again, I may just wait for some ridiculous sale on Steam.

Then again, I don't even know if I want to play NV again.

Back