Fallout Tactics Redux Version 1.3

Oh by the way, if I can recommend 2 additional corrections to the perk descriptions:

desc_deathSense = {This character is gifted with superior senses and gains a +2 increase to Perception. Deathclaws only.}
desc_bonusHtHDamage = {Experience in unarmed combat has given one the edge when it comes to damage. This character gets an additional +2 Melee Damage modifier for each level of this Perk.}

-> I can verify (but you can too in the Multiplayer editor) that these perks work like this, instead of how they are advertised.

If you look in the mod's "Extra Stuff" folder, there's a map image showing where you can get random encounters and special encounters (such as the merchants, who taken together have some decent weapons you can get your hands on at any point in the game).

Metal armor should be okay, I usually have two people in leather armor (my sneakers/snipers) all the way through up to Vault Zero. There are very many ways to play the game, but if you're having trouble one of the easier tactical approaches is to have everybody be snipers. The MX14 rifle and the Gauss rifle have ranges that exceed any weapon the robots bring into battle; the damage isn't that great on these weapons, but if you keep plinking away from a distance you'll take them down eventually.

Oh by the way, if I can recommend 2 additional corrections to the perk descriptions:

desc_deathSense = {This character is gifted with superior senses and gains a +2 increase to Perception. Deathclaws only.}
desc_bonusHtHDamage = {Experience in unarmed combat has given one the edge when it comes to damage. This character gets an additional +2 Melee Damage modifier for each level of this Perk.}

-> I can verify (but you can too in the Multiplayer editor) that these perks work like this, instead of how they are advertised.

Great job finding this! Very grateful in the name of the others. I took a look and it seems that a description of "Bonus Ranged Damage" also exists with a desciption of a 15% bonus, also 2 points in reality. I'll change my mod infos right away.

Last edited:
If you look in the mod's "Extra Stuff" folder, there's a map image showing where you can get random encounters and special encounters (such as the merchants, who taken together have some decent weapons you can get your hands on at any point in the game).

Metal armor should be okay, I usually have two people in leather armor (my sneakers/snipers) all the way through up to Vault Zero. There are very many ways to play the game, but if you're having trouble one of the easier tactical approaches is to have everybody be snipers. The MX14 rifle and the Gauss rifle have ranges that exceed any weapon the robots bring into battle; the damage isn't that great on these weapons, but if you keep plinking away from a distance you'll take them down eventually.

Awesome thanks for the tips! That has helped a lot. I've done some farming now for a few hours to try and get my gear/stats up to scratch. It made the other missions a lot easier. I've got a few more Tesla armor sets which has been great with characters with 3x toughness. Pretty much as resistant as it can get I think for all stats.

Does anyone have any ideas to deal with Behemoth robots? They literally just 1 shot my entire squad with a burst of rounds.

Last edited:
There are a few other finds on the Fallout Wikia that would be worth including - for example, Team Player allegedly only works if both characters have that perk and Loner works always. (I did not personally test this.)

I'll post when I can a list of non-working perks that can be given to a character anyways. They can be used as joke perks, I liked that a lot in Fallout 2. Unfortunatly we just CAN'T give them to the player DURING the game.

Another kind of bug in Coldwater mission. There is a door to "Adele" room and this door just can't be picked. Lock is set to 0. Where exactly is the key to that door? This is my turn to be stuck it this mission now... I'll try you trick. I know a bad thief is behind the impossible to open door, must I kill him?

There is a lot of false and incorrect information at the fallout.wikia perk page. On the other hand the perk descriptions in FOT Redux accurately portray the effect of perks.

@rebelscum

With Behemoths, the best advice is to use your tank or run away. If you have to fight them otherwise, EMP grenades and EMP rockets shells should take them down in 4-8 hits.

@nadeauhugo

Adele is Simon's sister. He's in the bar nearby, if you talk to him he asks you to save his sis and then the door unlocks. The locked door is necessary to keep order in the quest design. You don't have to kill the thug and save the girl, but killing him is the only way to save her. One of the other bugs I fixed years ago is that he now gives you the reward he promises.

Last edited:
There is a lot of false and incorrect information at the fallout.wikia perk page. On the other hand the perk descriptions in FOT Redux accurately portray the effect of perks.
Why aren't they corrected on the Wiki, then?

I only started looking at it recently, but I always fix information that does not match the in-game values.
In the case of perks, leaving the intended effect with a "this actually does X in practice" note like they were doing seems like a good way to do.

Redux also only found out part of the ones, so it could hardly be called a correct guide, yet.

I just want to say a BIG THANKS to the creator and all the contributors of this MOD!

I really hope with all the community support that this MOD would make the great game Fallout Tactics as closer as possible to what it should be! And from what I see so far - the MOD DOES it!

Once I catch up on all the fixes and changes made so far, I will join the contributors at least as ideas and feedback.

Edit:

Does anyone have feedback to share on one somewhat important subject around the MOD and namely:

Does the MOD work well with Steam and with multiplayer?

The question arises from the fact that Steam does file-checks.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
First off I'd like to thank the mod-author Endocore for the massive amount of work that must have gone into the creation of this very interesting sounding mod. Although I haven't played the mod yet I have high expectations based upon what I've read. After doing a play-through of the original game I was frustrated that the developers created a game that had so much potential, but in the end left me feeling very disappointed. Being a big fan of both the Fallout series and modding I couldn't help but want to see if somebody had taken it upon themselves to pick up this "dropped ball" of a game and carry it to the goal it should have made. Looks like that might be you. Even if I end up not liking the mod I'd like to thank you once again for taking the time and fixing something that was definitely broken, in my opinion.

I've installed the mod, made some recruits and am getting ready for an intensive play-through and am looking forward to it. I have but one request: I really want to add dog tags to the recruits I've made. Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to do this for me, only an explanation of how I can do this myself. I've taken a look in the items.txt in the core/locale/game folder and noticed the entries for dog tags. If it's at all possible could I get an explanation of what the letters and numbers mean and how they translate in game. Is this the only document I need to add information to, or is it similar to adding recruits where there are a few different documents that need to have entries to get everything to show up in my game? Also, do I need to import this to the bos.cam, and if so, which import option do I click on in the campaign editor to do so?

I've installed the mod, made some recruits and am getting ready for an intensive play-through and am looking forward to it. I have but one request: I really want to add dog tags to the recruits I've made. Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to do this for me, only an explanation of how I can do this myself. I've taken a look in the items.txt in the core/locale/game folder and noticed the entries for dog tags. If it's at all possible could I get an explanation of what the letters and numbers mean and how they translate in game. Is this the only document I need to add information to, or is it similar to adding recruits where there are a few different documents that need to have entries to get everything to show up in my game? Also, do I need to import this to the bos.cam, and if so, which import option do I click on in the campaign editor to do so?
Don't worry, this is simple enough, I assume you have been making recruits from scratch so they have no dogtags in their inventory to modify
- go to "core/entities/dogtags" folder, make a copy of any dogtag and give it a unique file name, doesn't matter what it is, but to keep the existing formatting and make it easy to find it can be something like dtJake, if your recruit's name is Jake
- fire up FT Tools and open entity editor, find your dogtags and load them up
- in the 'name' field change whatever it says there to dtJake and save the change
- open the items.txt file you have been looking at, find the part with dogtags and copy an entry that should look like this

name_dthm15 = {Dog Tags}
desc_dthm15 = {Identification tags issued to all BOS personnel. This set reads:\n\n
ECMH15\n\n
Stan Muzo\n\n
P\n\n
2\n\n
o-\n\n
N\n\n
}

- change dthm15 in name and desc entries to dtJake and the rest of the text to your own preference, it seems that the dogtag format is

soldier ID - original tags seem to start with AC, BC, DC or something which might be the section, then M or F for sex (D for deathclaw) and then three numbers, H15 for human 15, or T05 for tribal recruit number 5, M03 for monster number 3, or you can just make something up.
full soldier name
P - no idea what this is, everyone has it
1,2,3 or 4 - no idea what this is either, maybe equipment size
blood type, ab-, a+, o- ...
religion most likely, C for christian, B for buddhist, M for muslim, N for none

- the next step is adding dogtags to your recruits, just start the entity editor again, open your recruit entity this time and add the dogtag to his inventory.

Thanks, raics. You've been helpful once again. It's funny that your last tip for me had something to do with dogs and tags as well on a separate thread. Still working on that NPC by the way. I might add them to this install if everything goes well with the mod.

Could P stand for private, and the number below a class ranking? Idk. Scrolling down the entries some of them have entries like: BRTA82, or KLEW39 for the soldier ID. I'm guessing entries like these have no significance to the occupation or gender of the soldier and are simply made up. Sounds good to me. Thanks again.

I don't think it's private, Brotherhood uses 'initiate' term, most recruits have a higher rank and Barnaky's tags also have a P.
You're welcome, there isn't much ongoing traffic here as most users drop by only from time to time now to see if there's anything new so you'd probably wait a long time to get help.

Back