Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by hexer, Apr 5, 2020.
Which one, Dims or BIS?
I have yet to see anyone seriously work with sims mapper.
That's sad to hear. I hope it because he has better things to do, and not because he got frustrated.
I'm not dead yet...I'm just taking it easy, playing some games and not worrying about Fallout for a while. I still have some work to do for Mutants Rising, just polishing some maps, making a few pieces of art here and there.
I might do some work on the maps for Fallout et tu one day, just for my own satisfaction - they will be more subtle than the maps I worked on for The Restoration Project. I've built up quiet a library of artwork that would work easily and seamlessly for the mod (it's all built from the original artwork), I would want it to feel natural and not contrived.
@hexer so TK-Mantis just had a stream and was trying to poke him with hope that he would also do some content on the OG Fallout TC mods incl Yesterday. Thing is he is aware of Yesterday, as he actually is a patreon of yours! maybe ya can reach out to him
Keep in mind this isn't a complete ''review'' of this version, because so far I wasn't able to get into Brotherhood, but I believe that I'll get there. I think I might need a shiny metal armor to get past certain obstacle.
- Fort Abandon is shaping up to be an interesting place, there is again this familiar feeling of ''what the hell is going on!?''
- Reservation is likely going to be a great location, map looks gorgeous, it's my favourite so far. Awesome!
- Carib encounter is a lot of fun, dialogue is interesting...
- ...and his grenade launcher is pure madness!
- You've added Endless walkers! And they are truly terryfying.
- new monsters (lakelurks) and items (energy drill!) are great and I like the overall balance
- gore animations (sandsharks, badgers)
- The Hanged Man is there and he is quite powerful
- more quality content that you add at a very fast pace, hats off to you.
What's needs polishing in future/I didn't like:
- sandsharks give 200 xp, they are tough, 250 seems better
- too much brahmin in FA, sometimes they will block the player
- you can still use Steal on NPCs even is your skill is at 20% and succeed
- lakelurks have CPUs etc
- You can't really talk (or try to) with Graham, and he needs his own floats and combat taunts. It would be great if he would comment on every location visited.
- lockers in oil plant should stand really near to wall, they look odd when not leaning against the wall
- Some traits need balancing imho. ''Raised by Super Mutants'' is really OP, because it only lowers CHA and almost no one plays with high CHA, while it's positive bonuses are enormous. Or that ''trader'' trait lowers your agility, that really hurts.
- I'm not sure if ''BOS vs COS'' encounter isn't too risky for balance. A lot of energy weapons to get easily. I didn't like the ''transparent''/ghost looks of COS members (are they using stealth boys?), imho it looks cheap and weird. Chameleon deathclaw is ok, as long as it's rare. Maybe we'll see irradiated/mutated deathclaws in the future?
- Caves during random encounters should be often enterable
- I don't understand that room with dead guy sitting on armchair in FA. Guy is a skeleton already, so he wasn't killed by the Legion... so he was left to rot? I would understand it a little better if he would kill himself and rigged everything with explosives, but this isn't the case.
- Encounters like ''cannibals vs wolves'' can really tire the player, as he waits for all those animations to play out, all npcs to move and attack etc. So much time spent waiting. In general I feel that Fallout works the best in smaller encounters. I'd love to see a Powder Gangers encounter, like player vs 3 gangers, armed with a pipe rifle, hammer and molotovs. Map could feature a train tracks and few cactuses (or cacti heh).
- Tibbets needs polishing, but as far as I remember you have it on your to do list
- FA needs several quests. I guess there will be some rebuilding/player base? I'd love to see a junkyard in FA, where player could buy and/or sell junk or other trash. Or kill robots from Tibbets and sell their parts for profit. Imho it makes sense, because FA will probably need various parts.
- I'd love to see A LOT of dangerous traps in Fort Abandon. Imho it would make sense for the Legion to booby trap everything and you can make a quest ''Disarm all traps left by the Legion''. I guess that would be kinda easy to do.
- Deeper economy, cheaper or more expensive items depending on location. Sell guns and tech to tribals, buy cheap food and powders/drugs from them etc.
- Blackfoot tribe/Hangdogs location in the next version? Not necessarily because I'm such a huge fan of them, but game still needs more early/low level land generally easier locations with relatively easy quests. And a dog companion, players love dog companions. Such location would help the new players (means more player feedback for you) and probably it won't need new art.
- Special and varied caravans from Jericho, Reservation or Hoover Dam with rare goods.
Thank you for another great release, I'd love to see your opinion on things mentioned.
Think I already talked to him about it last year. Not sure when he will stream it though!
Thank you Sagez for the great review, I'll try to clarify some of the points.
That was intentional. The feeling of oil refinery fields with free-roaming holy brahmin.
Have no clue what's wrong there, if anything. Steal mechanics haven't been changed.
Aware of those, it's low on my priority list as fixing those will take cca a week or two of work.
For now, he is the silent brooding type. I didn't have time to add more to him but will.
Think those are from Arcanum. Will take another look at them.
I don't mind player getting lots of energy weapons as the ammo is scarce and some of the things out there can kill you in two rounds.
The "transparent ghost effect" is the same one as in Fallout 1 and it's story related. Sorry to hear that you don't like it but I can't change that.
He's the former oil refinery manager who crawled in there when the war started.
Yes. We'll come back to Tibbets when it's time to explore more of it. For now, we are building/exploring the wasteland.
Yes, there are plans for FA. Stay tuned!
Nice idea but too similar to two other places in the game. Plus, there are already some other plans for FA.
Yes, but those locations first need to be created.
Brahmins make more sense now, but I didn't know that. Legion guys left them in peace it seems, while I though that they were set free intentionally.
Stealing problem is present in random encounters, I'm not sure if it's ok to be able to pickpocket BOS soldiers or caravaneers with such low skill.
About the skeleton guy, why wasn't he buried for so long? Folks talk about burying the dead (NCR rangers) and they do bury them later, but they couldn't bury the poor guy through all those years? Doors aren't locked or trapped. I think we need a better explanation - are they scared of something?
Also I forgot - is there a possibility that you'll integrate inventory sorter into Yesterday?
Fallout 2 combat is painfully slow sometimes, maybe you could add an option to speed up the game by using Sfall? Nevada has such option, I would set the game speed to x2 or x4 and I could test it much quicker (also those encounter with many npcs would be faster). If anyone knows what to edit (like in .ini) please tell me what to edit.
This is of course not your fault, but I'm pretty sure that long animations will be a problem for some players.
I haven't read all the Van Buran docs so I am wondering how different the characters in Van Buran/Yesterday are gonna be compared to their New Vegas counterpart?
No one felt like climbing down and stirring a radscorpion nest. Plus, the followers of Dharma in FA only bury their own dead and brahmin according to their customs.
I'll check it out, not sure it will work properly due to resolution requirements.
Similar concepts, but not exact copies and different destinies.
Okay then. Can't wait to see how you write Arcade.
Just finished up the current run by decimating the Circle of Steel traitors. I lulled hard at "extracting" the info from the traitor. Also a handfull bugs and tidbits I found:
- The hanged man looses stats when leveling up (especially strength)
- A few items when longpress description in barter is shown crash the game
- Viewing the blueprint for the XL70E3 in Mr. Fixit crashes the game
- Not able to pick up the robot parts at the Scaven Encounter, even with 275 pounds free inventory...
- Speaking of weight: a 10 pound shovel? Why is that not a deadly weapon then? Typical one are around 3~6 pounds max xP
- Burning man in personal quarters when reentering the second level of the Maxson Bunker after leaving to worldmap
- You are able to confront the BoS traitor directly when just speaking to him a second time, without having any clues collected
- Cazadores have WAY to many HP, I mean seriously, they are dangerous because they have a ranged and poisenous attack, not because they are tanks xP
- The Radiation Suit only gives +15% Rad Resistance, not a very good Anti-Rad Suit for hot zones, more like against sunburns xP
- Had a few empty special encounters, but I guess they are simply not finished
- Reentering VACCS spawns the player on a black second map instead of the mountain entry on click, using 1 spawns correctly
- Getting Zapped by the Autodoc even with max science and repair skill xP
- A few Error lines here and there, but nothing gamebreaking
Spoiler: Burning man and Brain Data Extraction xP
Hello ! I have a problem, I cant intsall correctly the mod, I extracted the MASTER.DAT, CRITTER.DAT and PATCH000.DAT and the Fallout2Launcher.exe and I cant run Fallout Yesterday. I've noticed that the Fallout2.cfg was already here with Fallouty.cfg so i didnt bother to port him over again.
Here's a screencshot of my Fallout Yesterday folder
Hey guys, I can't find the city after escaping the Prison. I basically went around the entire world I managed to flip next year and couldnt find nothing except BoS location, Fort Abandon and like 4 marked locations. Thats all... Where is the goddamn city??
I found encounter Crashed Airplaine, but its empty map thou - just right now.
Congrats on beating the crap out of CoS! And figuring out what to do with the traitor's remains even though I gave no clues. Nice attention to details Glad to hear you liked the dark humor xD As a super challenge, you might try taking on the Brotherhood.
Check the terminal on L3 and try fighting your way out
And thanks for reporting those issues, I will look into them ASAP! For some of those I can comment immediately:
I'll double check although I think I compared them to other FNV creatures present in Fallout 2 and gave them appropriate HPs.
Yeah, not much but I think those are FNV stats.
Those are errors. Try extracting the files from fix.zip in Data/Data folder
You're missing fallout2.exe. You don't need the Fallout2Launcher.
Which city are you looking for? The game isn't complete.
Try extracting the files from fix.zip in Data/Data folder
The city you are meant to go straight after Tibbets, when a bos guy telsl you there is a shelter - I know game is not done yet, but man i almost walked entire map and nothing. City of something Springs I guess that guy in armor told. Checking the fix now
Oh, that city?! Sorry to hear you went on a big trip to find it but it won't be available until the next update. NPCs will sometimes mention places (such as Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon) that have yet to make their way into the game.
So what can I do now in game after leaving starting location, if BoS bunker is closed, all encounters with marking I guess found, and Fort Abandon checked too - Wait for next update then copy a save file? ;p
You can enter the BoS but it's not easy.
You either have to wear a power armor or destroy their turret. And yes, they don't like ghouls and super mutants.
Other places that you can visit are Reservation and a few smaller places which are hidden and need to be found first through quests, random encounters or talking to NPCs. P.S. Have you been inside the hologram in Tibbets?