Fallout 2 mod Fallout: Yesterday

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by hexer, Apr 5, 2020.

1. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Pretty sure that can be coded in. The randomized loot system already exists in those worldmap cave encounters

2. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    It always kind of interested me to see fallout having a more randomized loot mechanica. Also based for example on outdoorsman and luck. In a ballanced way ofcourse. No bazookad in klamath for example. I did believe it was also planned by dudeobj (modder). Anyway, not the topic for it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    Glad this is being made - I can't wait to play it when it's done.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  4. ENCLAVECOMMANDER

ENCLAVECOMMANDER Why isn't your video feed working?

Jun 27, 2009
    I drink soy milk and I acknowledge NV/1/2 are far superior to 3/4/76.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  5. Oracle

May 19, 2003
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  6. Proletären

Proletären Moderator

Mar 15, 2012
    The New Vegas one is quite new. I made a thread about it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. Oracle

May 19, 2003
    thb its the least one I look forward too. Yesterday as my heart.
    While the unity one looks nice, I dont see it getting far honestly.
    If the vegas one got a whole team, I guess they can make it work. Modding vegas is relative easy.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. AssaultPaladin

AssaultPaladin First time out of the vault

May 17, 2021
    I think Fallout - Yesterday seems like it is the most likely to get finished. Mod authors of the New Vegas mod said in Discord that it is going to take a lot longer than a few years. Fallout - New California and Fallout - The Frontier took about 7 years each, that is if I'm not mistaken. With that in mind, New California is known for being pretty light on side content and The Frontier is known for being pretty linear. Project Van Buren, the mod author has said at least once on twitter that he wishes he knew the answer to the question of whether or not he will complete the project. Fallout - Yesterday on the other hand seems to be getting the most progress done when it comes to actually implementing the design docs.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  9. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    That's pretty cool actually. Thanks to the author :D

I can't speak for everybody, but yes, we are doing very well there :ok:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  10. Psihotik

Psihotik It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 22, 2009
    Hi, can I get a hint for the Drowned Temple encounter, what to do here exactly?

11. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    You need to descent to the lower floor and investigate. Try crafting some support planks.

12. Psihotik

Psihotik It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 22, 2009
    I did, and I am trying to place them somewhere, but I keep clicking around on everything, nothing seems to help. Is there a specific pixel I'm supposed to hit or what?

13. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    You need to craft 4 planks and either break or unlock the door to the room where the pit is.

14. Polpro

Polpro First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2018
    Hey Hexer, Can we get some sort of non-patreon short summary of whats going on around the project? For those who can't afford to help with money :oops:

15. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    You're serious?
    what do you work for, that you can't afford few USD a month?!
    Congian dollars?
    If so then let me give you a pro tip:
    bananas from your country are worth *A LOT* more in the western world than your money, so how about starting your own buisness and sell bananas to the western world. You'll make enaugh money to pay for what's behind the paywall in no time....
    /oftoppic

Anyways @hexer
    I'm anxiously waiting for R4 same as for other ongoing TC projects on Fo2 Engine.
    Best of Luck

As for the patreon.. I'm not that interested in "behind the scenes" stuff, and I'm paranoid about security when it goes for banking, so stuff like patreon is out of the question for me. However If You'll consider some additional donation route, that for example accepts something like paysafecards, I might pour some dough your way from time to time ( when I'd remeber), nothig big, as I'm in no way a Rockefeler, but at least a way of saying 'thank you' for the time already spent on this title.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  16. Risewild

Risewild Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I'm not Polpro, but I definitely can't spare a few USD a month.
    I have to follow a strict budget or otherwise the alternative is becoming homeless. I already don't eat breakfast, and sometimes I have to skip lunch or dinner too :shrug:.

Each person has their own set of circumstances. Maybe Polpro's in a very different life situation than most other people.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  17. hexer

hexer It's PJ! Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Hah, if it weren't for Patreon and people's donations, I wouldn't even be writing updates. I prefer working on the game much more.
    But since you asked, why not answer... R4 is cca 60% complete! We're on track with everything and ahead of schedule with some stuff but the bottleneck is coding all that in as I am the only one doing that. Nowadays, Fallout 2 programmers are like Bigfoots. You might see or hear about one, but you won't be able to catch him :D

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  18. RaXeReS

RaXeReS First time out of the vault

Jul 13, 2021
    We are all believe you are busy to improving game! :dance:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. Polpro

Polpro First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2018
    Thank you, for defending/understanding me while I wasn't here. Won't go to personal details here.

Thank you Hexer for an update, good luck to you and your crewmates.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1