Favorite Locations

coliphorbs

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
So, now that we've all explored the crap out of the Capital Wasteland...

What are your favorite locations thus far?

I must say I have really enjoyed the Capitol Building, where the Talon were fighting a horde of Muties and you just get caught in the crossfire. Fort Constantine was also one of the few places where, despite everything, I felt like I'm playing Fallout.

It's a tiny location, barely a blip on the map, but I liked Arefu, and here's why;

Who the HELL builds their home on the remnants of a bridge? That's as insane as it is awesome.

Capitol building was a bit of a wasted opportunity I thought but at the same time, yeah, there was some fairly fun combat there. More fun than most of the combat in the game elsewhere.

Also liked the Dunwich building quite a bit, very moody. The Vault related to music would've been great if it hadn't been infested with bloody Mirelurks (those bastards just felt so out of place there).

Rivet City is an extremely cool concept pulled off so-so.

I got the most enjoyment from the Nuka-Cola plant, for the NukaLurks and the slogan-ized Protectrons.

NEEWWWWKA-COLLLLAAAAH~!

One of the radio towers that, when activated, [spoiler:29aa41f4b6]gives you a station with a looping distress call about a family with a sick son that leads you to a small shelter containing some meager supplies and a couple of corpses (with the son's corpse mysteriously missing) and an active HAM radio running the looping message until you turn it off. As you leave the shelter, you have nothing but the poignant silence of a desperate, futile call for help finally ended after nearly two centuries.[/spoiler:29aa41f4b6]

Everything else was pretty blah for me, especially Megaton and Rivet City. I really couldn't give a damn about those places.

I like the Museum of Tech, Raven Rock, Paradise Falls, and Rivet City.
I hope they add the Museum of Tech guns like the 1812 rifle and one more I cant remember.
Raven Rock just felt like a 50's sci fi movie. The end didn't make sense with Eden being gullible, but oh well. The trapped Deathclaws are cool too.
Paradise Falls is cool because of Slavers. I liked them in 2 and I like them in 3.
Rivet City is a cool concept, but the town should have had more to it.

Tranquility Lane was the most entertaining part of the game for me. everything about it. When I played evil character, I did the whole pint-sized slasher thing and THEN started the chinese invasion program and felt completely satisfied.

I LOVED Fort Constantine. with the ICBM thing and the power armor and the way "Shoot Them In The Head" guided you there.

In the Dunwich Building, I felt completely immersed into the game. Some cool horrorish moments.

It's ALWAYS nice for me to find a book, even though it's for something like explosives or sneak.

ScottXeno said:
It's a tiny location, barely a blip on the map, but I liked Arefu, and here's why;

Who the HELL builds their home on the remnants of a bridge? That's as insane as it is awesome.

Major centerpiece in Virtual Light/Idoru/All Tomorrow's Parties was the golden gate bridge, half wrecked and covered in sheds/single-person dwellings. The series was even called the "Bridge series".

It would have been awesome in FO3, especially if it was built up with a ton of tiny cramped shacks, like a whole city in 3 sqaure city blocks.

Instead we got 3 people there.

Still, I agree, I loved the location, if not the quests there.

Dunwich was cool as hell.

The Tenpenny Tower/metro location was pretty fun, if only because you could see it with rich humans in it and then later on with hideous ghouls tearing them limb from limb.

deadsanta said:
ScottXeno said:

Major centerpiece in Virtual Light/Idoru/All Tomorrow's Parties was the golden gate bridge, half wrecked and covered in sheds/single-person dwellings. The series was even called the "Bridge series".

It would have been awesome in FO3, especially if it was built up with a ton of tiny cramped shacks, like a whole city in 3 sqaure city blocks.

Instead we got 3 people there.

Still, I agree, I loved the location, if not the quests there.

The quests there were stupid, I agree. And it would have been much cooler if there'd been more than four or so dwellings and a handful of people. Still, if I lived in a wasteland and saw a wrecked bridge, I don't think "I should live up there," would be the first thing to come to my mind, lol. Still, a great location!

And I'll look into that, sounds interesting.

I Liked Dunwich ruins glad most of you did too, Funny that its very heavily influenced (ripped off even) by a Short story called "The Dunwich Horror" by H.P. Lovecraft. Good story right down to the "yog-sothoth" and the mystery evil book. Nice though.

FaChoi said:
I Liked Dunwich ruins glad most of you did too, Funny that its very heavily influenced (ripped off even) by a Short story called "The Dunwich Horror" by H.P. Lovecraft. Good story right down to the "yog-sothoth" and the mystery evil book. Nice though.

I liked Dunwich but I was surprised I couldn't find the book after I killed Jaime. Or did I just overlook it?

I liked both of the museums, the feeling of finding Abraham Lincolns rifle was nice.

Evergreen Falls was fun not so much for the location but because I enjoyed hunting the raiders down one by one with a silenced pistol and executing them.

Hubris comics was fun and the mini text adventure you could play test was a very nice touch.

ScottXeno said:

Actually, for a small town that's one of the most logical places to be. Easy to defend, only one way in and one way out (unless they find parachutes in FO3)

I loved vault 106. Made me freak out. To make matter worse, I was stoned to death.

The Museum of History was cool. Actually walking around in the middle of DC was very sweet. I was so caught up looking at the destroyed landmarks I kind of forgot to look out for Super Mutants with Miniguns. Cost me one hour and 19 minutes of my life.

Piece of advice, if you like the scenery, SAVE before looking around. Especially if you are absent minded...

Super Mutants with Miniguns aren't a threat.
Step 1: Aim for the Minigun
Step 2: Aim for the head.

Easy. The same works for Mutants with rocket launchers.

Tyler said:
Tranquility Lane was the most entertaining part of the game for me. everything about it.
Same here. I got there yesterday and it's absolutely brilliant.

Andale. Tranquility Lane. The satellite weapons platform tower. The Republic of Dave. Wheaton Armory.

big brother said:
ScottXeno said:

Actually, for a small town that's one of the most logical places to be. Easy to defend, only one way in and one way out

Ehh, I disagree. Yes, only one way in and out, no way to be snuck up on, but you always need a backup route out of any place. It's easy for them to get pinned in by Super Mutants or Raiders, also they are near a water supply, which means Miralurks are close by. There's a Raider encampment not far from their location, and, as they stated when you came upon them, the Family attacks them at night. A really well defended location has what appears to be only one way in and out, but maintains a secret escape route, if they were sieged by Raiders, they would quickly run out of ammo, food, and water. They are a small community without much to defend themselves with, as well.

Still, it was my favorite location, because it's still pretty nifty.

if I were the invaders attacking arefu, I'd bomb the supporting pillars, clean, no casualties, and arefu goes down to the ground crumbling.

anyway, what's with andale, can you get a quest there ?

I still like the enclave HQ in Fallout 2 rather than Raven Rock..

in F2, it's huuuge, whereas raven rock is tiny.. few ppl.. it sucks..

Back