Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    Where you thinking of something like this?
    Code:
    ;Causes npc's who complete their combat turn with ap left over will try and find other ways to spend it.
    ;Only npcs with ap left equal to or greater than the value given here will be considered.
    ;Set to 0 to disable
    NPCsTryToSpendExtraAP=0

2. agris

agris Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2004
    for what it's worth, that option caused combat to hang sometimes for me. had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

3. Riel88

Riel88 First time out of the vault

Mar 30, 2010
    I never had any problems with it....
    Actually, to me its a godsend feature because now my henchmen are kicking some serious arse.

Also, it makes combat a little more unpredictable.

Bye !

(btw, i set it to 2 AP)

4. DForge

DForge Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 29, 2006
    The more you set, the less the critters will change weapons after shooting and move 2-3 hexes after shooting. 4 AP unless you use some sort of melee weapons on your team is best.

I actually got frank horrigan to switch to his end boss knife at the beginning of combat because of this feature, which was pretty lame. Among other people who switch to knife at the end of the turn and never switch back after doing so.

5. utunnels

utunnels First time out of the vault

Aug 2, 2010
    Well, perhaps I didn't explain it clearly.

I didn't mean the extra AP.

You might have already noticed, for example, Vic can fire 3 shots from his Gauss Pistol, if the first shot kills an enemy, he will stop even if there are enough AP left for another 2 shots.

:P

Yeah, but anyway changing NPCsTryToSpendExtraAP fixed the problem.

6. Hellbane

Hellbane First time out of the vault

Nov 11, 2007
    Sfall

Sfall gave this link to ask a question & I'm sorry to bother but I've been away from playing FO2 for some months & when I returned I noticed that an update was availble - sfall 2.12 however when I installed it the my intro screen still shows the old 2.5b number. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't find a solution.
    Can someone here please help me?

7. Not Lost Hope

Not Lost Hope First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2010
    If you've been away for months you should uninstall FO2, reinstall and install Killap's RP 2.1.2. It conviniently has the latest sfall as well.

8. Fallout1FTW

Fallout1FTW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 25, 2010
    Hi,

this program used to work fine for me before but not so more. First of all, the graphics I get in the game are corrupted along with the movies. I get all sort of disco colors in the interface. This stops being a problem once I switch to dx9 mode but then if I press New Game button from the main menu all I get is a black screen. I tried setting a compatibility mode but the game doesn't seem to like it. It stops loading with the message "Fallout seems to be running in compatibility mode". Funny thing is that when I take a screenshot with F12 the screens look fine.

My graphics card is Radeon 5800

EDIT: I managed to fix the problem by changing to 16bit graphics within the game's new menu.

9. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Your DirectX9.0c is probably outdated - try to update it.

10. Fallout1FTW

Oct 25, 2010
    I have Direct X 11

11. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    DX11 doesn't have backward compatibility for DX9. Even if your system has DX11, it doesn't mean you have DX9. You need to download/update it manually.

12. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    timeslip off the map?didnt she say october?

Nirran

13. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    I am here, I just got sucked into another project. :P

I'm still reading, just not posting very much.

14. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
  15. vad

vad It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2008
    I like when everything is fast. So I always patched fallout2.exe to skip animation of dialog window and combat button.

Code:
    Offset : Before
             After

combat button:
    0004FF9E : E8 CD 97 06 00
             : 90 90 90 90 90

0004FE41 : E8 2A 99 06 00

dialog window:
    00038347 : E8 94 14 08 00

00038291 : E8 4A 15 08 00

But now ExtraCRC is not working. What should I do?

16. Fallout1FTW

Oct 25, 2010
  17. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
  18. Fallout1FTW

Oct 25, 2010
    Thanks, I'll have to check that one out. Is it the same debugger as the one in Fallout exe or a separate one?

19. Rain man

Rain man First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2010
    Hello gentlemens !

Could someone help me with a little sfall's function problem ? Using sfall's function active_hand() I try to get the reference to dude's active hand (0 or 1), but it returns me 5345144, no matter which hand is active or what it takes... I have a resolution patch F2_HiRes_Patch_v2.3 installed, can it be a source of the problem ? Guys, I'm realy blocked with it and I have no idea what to do...

20. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Hi Timeslip - could you fix SFall to include 32bit images for splash screens. Splash screens are the ColorRix images used for the loading screens in both Fallouts.