History of NMA

Heres some NMA and Fallout history, old .gif testing the first lightsaber .frm in Falout, circa early/mid 2004.
quigonFO.gif

Tons. The early days just gave me fond memories interacting with people online. I still laugh when I think about Brother None calling me a pussy when I complained about him being rude. Even mean users like Wooz entertained and eventually they warmed up to me (a little) although Wooz glared at me rather silently the last time I walked by. I could name members all day that I miss. As a matter of fact I will make a list:

The Vault Dweller
Silencer
PsychoSniper
Welsh
Odin
Roshambo
Sander
Wooz
Tagaziel
Malkavian
Verevoof
Pope Viper
Sicblades
Dove
DirtyDreamDesigner
Victor
BigBoss
Courier
Little Robot
Ozrat
Ratty
Yamu
Yoshi
Strider
Pipboy2000
Dirk Magirk
WillisPDunley
Serge
Briosafreak
Per

I never realized that I was on this list.

I love you too, faggot.

EDIT:

Actually come to think of it I realize it's not necessarily a list of people you have fond memories of, considering Sander and Tagz is on the list.

Also, what about VonDrunky? He was cool... kinda...

I do miss Yamu. We live in the same city, y'know? Never got to meet up with, well I won't spoil it for those who don't know, but I never got to meet up with *them*, but we did talk quite a bit. Yamu was always friendly to me when I first started posting here. Even used to do RP's way back in the day if you could believe that.

Here's another member that unfortunately was no longer here when I came back: SnapSlav. Old school gamer, all around cool guy. One of the few people who was able to share my memories of WC 3 Battle.Net and Diablo 2 Battle.Net when they were in their prime.

Last edited:
I never realized I'm on this list.

Neither did I.

@Meth well I won't spoil it for those who don't know, but I never got to meet up with *them*, but we did talk a bit.

I would hazard a guess at a personality disorder, manifesting in an ongoing conflict between the ID and the super ego.

Either that or the man was homosexual who preferred a weekend name, say Florence or Cynthia.

Last edited:
Since I've seen people mention it on here a couple of times, here's the good ole Vault13.net Fallout Fansite preserved on The Wayback Machine! :cool:

Vault13.net in early 2001.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010110225200/http://vault13.net/

mainb.gif

HEADLINES
New FOT Renders

hb.gif

A SPECIAL Game
hb.gif

Poor MACers
hb.gif

News bits
hb.gif

Demo Review...
hb.gif

Release date
hb.gif

Black Screen Trouble?
hb.gif

Tactics in March?
hb.gif

Chris T. on a Crutch
hb.gif

Well this is nice
hb.gif

Hmm.
hb.gif

Blargh
hb.gif

Eowww Buggar
hb.gif

Fallout Tweaks and Adjustments
hb.gif

Yet Another Demo Review
hb.gif

Forum Fun
hb.gif

Free Sex!
hb.gif

3D Art Renders
hb.gif

Demo 'Nfo
hb.gif

Forum Bits
hb.gif

SMOD
hb.gif

Screw you, it's still Christmas
hb.gif

German Review
hb.gif

Join a clan today
hb.gif

At what point?
hb.gif

Wednesday, January 10, 2001

hb.gif

Saint Proverbius @ 13:06 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

Looks like Krazi Katt plopped up some new render art from Fallout Tactics on the main site as well as on The Join the Brotherhood page. Here's a gander:

I haven't seen anyone enjoying rat that much since I watched Survivor last summer! Thanks for posting the pics, Krazi.

Tuesday, January 09, 2001

hb.gif

JC @ 12:48 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

It seems that Black Isle's Team Torment have been busy at work on a new RPG using the SPECIAL system used in the Fallout series:

The majority of the Torment team is working hard on a game using Fallout's SPECIAL system in a fantasy RPG. They are building up the Lithtech 2 engine for use with the game and have been pumping out content for a while now. The Heart Of Winter team will be moving on to a classified project, and I and some other kids from assorted projects are in the pre-production stages of yet another project. So, what's next? A lot.That quote was ripped from an Interview with Designer Josh Sawyer at Gamepower which was noticed on Bluesnews by Miro.
So now that Interplay has bought the LithTech 2 technology and are using it, what are the chances that they'll use it for Fallout 3?

hb.gif

JC @ 12:35 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

If anyone has a Mac and is wanting to play Fallout 2 then I'm here to destroy all hope for you. Some Mac website did an interview with Mike Donges of Macplay, which is Interplay's Mac Division. If you head on over to page 2 of the interview you'll see this:

No plans to do Fallout 2 at the present time.So abandon all hope, at least for now.
hb.gif

Killian @ 12:04 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

The Fallout Wastelands are up and running. It's a general information site concerning the fallout series and it has some pretty nifty stuff like this equipment listing for FOT.

Now to some forum fun:

What's the point of charisma?

There are some new leadership-related Perks that require higher Charisma scores.
They tend to affect the rest of your squad.

when is the multiplayer demo comin' out?

The MP demo is _soon_. No specific date yet.

We just got a new rev and we're expecting at least one more.

How long after the code freeze does it take to produce 100,000 units of a game?

Not too long. We usually have two or three duplication centers working on a major product. It takes around 3-5 days to dup all the discs, package the boxes, shrinkwrap them and box them all up for delievery.

Once we go gold, it usually takes about a week to start shipping to the stores and pre-orders.

Is is at all possible to add the ability to unload weapons at this point in the game's development?

While I am hesitant to use the word never, I doubt the current system of auto-unloading will change.

It is possible to load the gun with the ammo type you want, simply drag the ammo to the gun.

If that's not working, let me know.

pax,
-Chris "Notice I didn't actually use the word never until this part of the message" Taylor

Chris on FO3!

I'm sure there will be a FO3.

I don't know when.

It's not an official title, but c'mon, do you really see BIS never doing another Fallout game? Can anyone here stand up, look me straight in the eyes and say that BIS will never do another Fallout RPG?(1)

pax,
-Chris

(1) Beyond the fact that we're typing at each other, and standing up and looking at my face would be, in the words of Lum the Mad, HARD.

In other news, Dan Wood knows absolutely squat.
hb.gif

JC @ 05:24 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

Some new site called Reviewscan.org sent me an E-mail, looks like there's another demo review to join the happy ranks...You can check it out here.

Dosen't seem like he played the demo too much from what his "gripes" about it were, I guess he managed to miss most of the bugs in the game.

[Killian says: Yep, for an enthusiast he sure does know his music...

The gruff voice of your commander is the best; the few others are only average. Finally, the music is also very similar to that in the original Fallout. It is pleasingly eerie, yet unobtrusive and somehow soothing.
I think Dan was the first one to mention that the music from the demo was directly taken from necropolis. Also why doesn't the reviewer mention the ability to import mp3s?
]
Monday, January 08, 2001

hb.gif

Morbius @ 22:37 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

As I have posted numerous times the release date for FOT is unknown by anyone.
JC is emailing Chris T about it but untill he gets information here is what I predict and I aint usually wrong! (Teehehee)

Morbius predicts: FOT release date: Between Febuary the 17th and March the 15th.

hb.gif

JC @ 18:38 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

Alot of people have been E-mailing me in regards to a problem with the demo giving them a black screen and no luvin' when they try to run it. ChrisT. put this on Interplay's forum:

We need some help tracking down the cause of the Black Screen of Death. If Fallout Tactics does not start for you, and all you get is the Black Screen of Death, please give us the following information:
a. System Processor
b. Operating System version (Win95, Win98se, NT, and so on...)
c. Amount of RAM
d. Video Card (and driver version number, if you can get that)
e. Sound Card (and driver version number, if you can get that too...)
f. DirectX version (run dxinfo)

Basically, we need some system spec info to be able to duplicate (and thus *fix*) the problem.

The more information the better.

Thanks!

pax,
-Chris

ctaylor@interplay.com - Senior Game Designer - 14° East
Life is good, play more games!

I've been playing around with different driver sets on both my SB Live! and Vortex 2 soundcards and haven't yet been able to reproduce the problem, though I'm 90% sure it's a driver problem. Several people have found that after waiting for a couple minutes the game will start so show some patience and try that as well as trying the information in the Demo Page.
hb.gif

JC @ 15:18 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

I was just paying a visit to the Adrenaline Vault to check out their release date list and noticed that Fallout Tactics is listed in the "March 2001" category and is shown as coming out March 15:

M A R C H 2 0 0 1
1 - Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare - INFOGRAMES ENTERTAINMENT
1 - Bond: The World Is Not Enough - ELECTRONIC ARTS
1 - Deep Space Nine: Dominion Wars - SIMON & SCHUSTER
1 - Duke Nukem Endangered Species - GATHERING OF DEVELOPERS
13 - Anachronox - EIDOS INTERACTIVE
13 - Emperor: Battle for Dune - ELECTRONIC ARTS
15 - Fallout Tactics - INTERPLAY

Does this mean the game has been delayed until March or is it just speculation? I know that many online retailers have the release date set in February. I'm gonna shoot out an E-mail and find out "wassup wit dat".

**UPDATE** Chris T. says:

No official release _day_ has been set.
The retailers have some sort of estimate, but that's all it is.

-Much love, Killian x0x0x0x

hb.gif

Killian @ 11:37 PST - Comment Me (0) - Fallout News
hb.gif

ChrisT. worked his way down the forum today answering all concerns related to the Demo and the final release of Fallout Tactics. Here's what he had to say.

Why isn't the going to be serial cable support?

It's all handled in the OS now, from what I understand. You can set two serial connected machines to act as a LAN using Win98.
If we were to support it directly, it would add appreciably to the QA testing time required. It's also a very, very small percentage of the home networks out there now.

Basically, it's a similar question as to why we don't support EGA.

Shadows don't "fall" correctly
To reproduce: In mission 2 in the demo, go to place 6 (if I remember correctly) on the map, go up the stairs and set character to "prone", crawl up to the edge, notice how the shadow isn't cut off for the edge.

Not going to be fixed. The only possible solution at this time would be to remove shadows, which would be a mistake.

Recoil
Raiders flying when you spray them with bullets is all very nice but it doesn't look too good when they fly through the wall.

I agree. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Misplaced blood after recoil
Post-mortem-recoil-flight is not taken into account when the blood stains are positioned, i.e. the blood ends up where the raider stood prior to being shot.

Not a major bug. If it gets fixed - great. If it doesn't get fixed - wouldn't terribly bother me compared to the game blowing up or losing synch in multiplayer, or some other terrible bug.

one huge thing that I thought was missing -- user-defined AI scripts and formations.

No scripts, sorry.

That's a really large feature, and we're past that point of adding really large features.(1)

Perhaps for some future game. It's not a bad idea.

(1) We're close to feature lock, but still making some smaller tweaks.

Didn't you know that when I press Ctrl+A I want the whole squad to be selected? :) Also, when I press O I want the options menu!

Keyboard remapping is coming.

Why can't I kill friendly people (when I right click on them)?

Force fire on them. CTRL-click.

When someone of the squad dies, why does he stays in the squad bar?

So you can rt-click and see the location of their body?

After playing the demo I noticed that that there was really only one path to follow.

The demo missions were originally a lot less linear in gameplay.

hb.gif

Over at RPG Planet they've posted the 12th installment in a series of quizzes related to RPG. The latest (and greatest) has to do with Fallout 2. Here's the link. And while you're at it why not leave your score in the comments when you're done.

Sunday, January 07, 2001

hb.gif

JC @ 19:47 PST - Comment Me (0) - Misc. News
hb.gif

I'll make this short and sweet. The situation regarding a new post made earlier by Killian has been resolved, we've talked to him and made it clear what is acceptable to be posted on V13 as well as how he should treat other people within the Fallout "community". Expect an apology from Killian tomorrow.

I wonder what Mr Killan said. I am an inquisitive type, aka nosey bastard.

I never realized that I was on this list.

I love you too, faggot.

EDIT:

Actually come to think of it I realize it's not necessarily a list of people you have fond memories of, considering Sander and Tagz is on the list.

Also, what about VonDrunky? He was cool... kinda...

I do miss Yamu. We live in the same city, y'know? Never got to meet up with, well I won't spoil it for those who don't know, but I never got to meet up with *them*, but we did talk quite a bit. Yamu was always friendly to me when I first started posting here. Even used to do RP's way back in the day if you could believe that.

Here's another member that unfortunately was no longer here when I came back: SnapSlav. Old school gamer, all around cool guy. One of the few people who was able to share my memories of WC 3 Battle.Net and Diablo 2 Battle.Net when they were in their prime.

I think I kinda ran Snapslav off by giving him shit tbh. I was a meth addict at the time. Drunky was some non-Orderite that everybody hated but I liked.

I think I kinda ran Snapslav off by giving him shit tbh. I was a meth addict at the time.

Oh, that's a surprise. You usually say. I was on hallucinogenics at the time.

The only time I have mentioned *wife* was when using a Columbo quote " My wife think's you are terrific "

eissa made the " still got a wife "attack, around the same time he/she or it downvoted everythin you wrote.

As I've said before, my PER is 10+ 2x mentats.

I think the most important history in this thread is the friends you made along the way.

I still remember when Per, Welsh, and Odin used to post. Those were the days.

Sander was ok until a certain time and date then I think his dick fell off.

I still remember when Per

Per's guides are gone. He never rehosted them. I know they're on the wiki or whatever but he took them down and never put them back up himself which is a shame. His Wasteland guide was really good and helped me immensely with my first playthrough.

I never had very much contact with Odin.

Sander was ok. He could be a faggot about certain things, but he was nowhere near the levels of Tagz when it came to flipping out about shit.

(EDIT: Problems with Sander only became apparent when he started becoming good friends with Tagaziel if I remember right).

KillaP was cool.

Oh yeh, I can't forget Alec. A legendary poster, though admittedly a little mentally unhinged.

Last edited:
Aww nostalgia, much better than neuralgia. I fondly remember Josey_ Wales, Marina1978, Shaka, Psychosis, ChipNicker, Oucher,Tez85 and Psil aka Marge my online gf who I had cyber babies with.

The likes of Lionheart , GAZZA ,MrFrosty, Viktorius and the rest of the EDL posse were a gang of cunts.

Sorry, I will dry my eyes and crack on. RIP. Microgaming poker.
On NMA they seem to come and go like most men I suppose.

So many names… so much nostalgia.

Is Carib FMJ still here? He was cool. I always liked his custom avatars.

Back