Hurricane Matthew

FalloutIsMyDrug

Fo3 Enjoyer(converted) Copium Junkie
Mathew will be hitting Central Florida sometime tonight or in the morning. Winds will be ~40-70mph inland.

at201614.gif

Any fellow Floridians have a sweet fallout shelter we can ride the storm out in? :P

Is this the first hurricane to have a name of the penis? Don't they usually have names That are traditionally for women?

No one remembers hurricane Hugo in... '89, I think it was? Geeze, you kids make me feel old.

AFAIK hurricanes always have female names. Why is that beloved tradition broken?
They used to have all female names, but the National Hurricane Center abandoned that in 1979 - the names have alternated between male and female since then.

Since I live in Daytona Beach, FL I got to see Matthew up close and personal. I didn't stick around for it here - I packed up some stuff, loaded the dog in the car and got out of town to stay inland with relatives. We ended up getting very lucky - the worst of the wind stayed offshore, so the maximum winds around Daytona only got up to about 90 mph or so. It was still enough to knock my electricity out for five days, but no damage to my apartment or any of the stuff I left behind. Just an unbelievable mess of downed tree limbs and branches. My office was also fine and power was quickly restored there, so I didn't lose any work time. Others did not fare so well though - about 40 buildings were completely destroyed, with hundreds suffering major damage.

Initial damage estimates in Volusia County, Florida are at half a billion dollars.

Back