I want an old school Fallout game again

The Dutch Ghost said:

-A more large scale and complex storyline.
FNV's storyline fitted well for the size world it played it, but I found most of its story material the main game stuff you found in Fallout 1 and 2 while you were working towards the real revelation of the game, something like the Master, the Enclave President or Dr Presper who were working from behind the curtain.

Lifting up the curtain in F3 revealed an abandoned theater backstage... nobody cared to hang on and safe the story s mystery. A good story keeps some of its mysteries. And mysteries are guarded by enigmatic characters. FNV Mr. House was a pretty good character, pity that the mystery he was guarding was such a
fragile one... some germs and say goodbye to Mr. house s empire.
(the only character with a unique 3d animation model; all main characters should have one)

The Dutch Ghost said:

-Bring back map travel.
Sometimes the real time traveling is okay, but dammit, it gets so incredible repetitive after a while and I still have not seen any excuse why a map travel system can not be implemented other than engine limitations.

This is also the reason why regions are so damn small, it has to fit all on one main big map.

Make each location and settlement its own map instead.

little maps could have their own virtual horizon, which would really be a 2d background. I think this could improve graphical dramatic impact...
Rivet city could be just like this when you see it from the outside... and look more like a giant aircraft carrier, instead of looking like a big pile of shapeless dung...

The Dutch Ghost said:
Threepwood said:
Turn based combat, or variants of which that rely soley on PC skills really have no place in a modern market, I don't think there is even a nieche appeal big enough for it. Turn based, sure. Skill based, partially, but not the two to the extreme combined imo.

You might be surprised how many people still like such mechanics.

The loudest voices do not always speak for all people, nor do the biggest sales represent all gamers.

I'm with Dutch here...I much prefer my RPG's like Fallout 1 and 2 that are purely skill based....save player hand eye co ordiantionl for FPS games...not RPG's...I honestly feel FPS and RPG should have stayed two seperate genres...as what we have now is if great FPS with diluted RPG thrown in...and I can also say I know many people on several forums who love turn based games...so to say it's not even a niche is wrong. Try taking a look at some of Matrix Games or The Wargamer forum...many on there love turn based or WEGO games.

Back