I want to build the first real (i mean REAL) fallout 10mm

Bcredneck

First time out of the vault
Ever since i was young (7) i have loved purlly mechanical devises anything totally power free i have loved i am now a small engine mechanic specializing in electronics in vintage engines (i mean god damb old shit) i can get anything to ignight (if you have a bike test me) for the last 12 years i have been involed in guns (legally) i really want to build the first real 10mm pistol from fallout 2 3/ nv the fallout 4 10mm is BS history hs been wrote

i plan to start as soon as i get my RPAL (Im a canadian) with a 7.62X25 TT-33 or tokarev russian hand gun because it is cheap and i want to make a weld on kit I will make FREE plans for to do the conversion what i need from you guys is high quality SCALE drawing or (way better) a 3D print flie for the 10mm

Ever since i was young (7) i have loved purlly mechanical devises anything totally power free i have loved i am now a small engine mechanic specializing in electronics in vintage engines (i mean god damb old shit) i can get anything to ignight (if you have a bike test me) for the last 12 years i have been involed in guns (legally) i really want to build the first real 10mm pistol from fallout 2 3/ nv the fallout 4 10mm is BS history hs been wrote

i plan to start as soon as i get my RPAL (Im a canadian) with a 7.62X25 TT-33 or tokarev russian hand gun because it is cheap and i want to make a weld on kit I will make FREE plans for to do the conversion what i need from you guys is high quality SCALE drawing or (way better) a 3D print flie for the 10mm

As a Canadian gun owner I support this, but don't you something in 10mm would be a better start.

SIG SAUER P220-10 10MM

Mind you a tokarev is a heck of a lot cheaper than a sig, but for realism 10mm for ammo would be best.

This topic grabbed my interest, and so... to be "helpful" I went looking for some reference resource..

Fallout 1 & 2 10mm (with re-envisioned high-scale images)

Fallout NV 10mm

And for reference; Fallout 4 TEHN MIDDIMIDDUR PEESTAL

oh, and someone appears to have made a rather nice mod for a 10mm
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47393/?

It's my opinion that the 'original' is actually not a million miles away from what we see in modern pistol design, where as Fallout NV (and more so, FO4) have begun to apply a kitch 'styled' pistol.

The modded offering actually coming closer to the Fallout classic design.

by way of 'proof' I offer the Colt Delta Elite 10mm sidearm (real weapon)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Delta_Elite

(edited because I suck at doing things right 1st time)

Last edited:
You may want to take a look at a real semi-automatic revolver design: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/landstad-1900/. This one was brought up by another forumite in http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/could-the-colt-6520-be-a-fesable-design.206639/.

I think the design is overly complicated, but it worked. The FO design appears to have a couple flaws to my eye, primarily that the barrel does not line up with the cylinders. That begs the question of where the chamber is (normally included in the cylinder), and how the cartridge is moved there if the cylinder is, in fact, not also the chambers. If you move the barrel down slightly, then that problem is resolved.

If you look at Frank Miller's fantasy pistol that the Colt 6520 was supposedly based on, that looks like a .45 slapped on top of a revolver, with a second barrel for the cylinder aligned on the bottom chamber. Dunno how the top half was supposed to feed since the traditional semi-auto pistol design would have the magazine going through the cylinder. Maybe it had a tubular magazine above the lower barrel? I really wish more artists would take time to think about how the contraptions are actually supposed to work.

You may want to take a look at a real semi-automatic revolver design: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/landstad-1900/. This one was brought up by another forumite in http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/could-the-colt-6520-be-a-fesable-design.206639/.

I think the design is overly complicated, but it worked. The FO design appears to have a couple flaws to my eye, primarily that the barrel does not line up with the cylinders. That begs the question of where the chamber is (normally included in the cylinder), and how the cartridge is moved there if the cylinder is, in fact, not also the chambers. If you move the barrel down slightly, then that problem is resolved.

If you look at Frank Miller's fantasy pistol that the Colt 6520 was supposedly based on, that looks like a .45 slapped on top of a revolver, with a second barrel for the cylinder aligned on the bottom chamber. Dunno how the top half was supposed to feed since the traditional semi-auto pistol design would have the magazine going through the cylinder. Maybe it had a tubular magazine above the lower barrel? I really wish more artists would take time to think about how the contraptions are actually supposed to work.

Call me an idiot.....but I never realized the Colt 6520 was a revolver. How does that cylinder even hold 12 rounds? Anyways, I suppose the cylinder might somehow feed upward into a locking position above it if you want to stretch the imagination.

Call me an idiot.....but I never realized the Colt 6520 was a revolver. How does that cylinder even hold 12 rounds? Anyways, I suppose the cylinder might somehow feed upward into a locking position above it if you want to stretch the imagination.

I didn't either until that thread came up.... I had always figured that it was a straight semi-auto until then.

I think the original Fallout 1 and 2 Colt had a cylinder that was more in-line with the barrel. The re-envisioned images seem to have smaller cylinders relative to the firearm size. I think it is mostly a matter of the barrel being skewed somehow by the artist who made the version we see in the classic Fallouts.
rRIsdfb.png

Maybe it has a regular 12 round mag that feeds into 6 round drum, using mechanism similar to this:
gmQvxgx.gif

RE: cylinder -

from the wiki (which is quoting in game source)
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/10mm_pistol

"The Colt 6520 10mm autoloading pistol"

And thus it must have a magazine of sorts.

further:

"A Colt 6520 10mm autoloading pistol. Each pull of the trigger will automatically reload the firearm until the magazine is empty."

This clearly defacto states it is magazine fed.

I argue that the 'cylinder' we see is a body design and not an operational feature - although I do like the gif provided by @vitekc45c the mechanism is the opposite of the layout we see in the Fallout pistol.

I would argue it is in fact a side mounted laser? or other similar augmentation.

I'd disregard the revolver drum, it's a reference to this:
latest

There was a great mod for NV, bringing all the classic weapons back. There it looked like this:
37002-1-1308024879.jpg

It handled like an automatic, the drum was just cosmetic. Personally I think it looks pretty good.
I'd go with an automatic as a base weapon, honestly. Self-loading revolvers are kinda stupid outside of autocannons.

Back