Is anybody else sick of the Mario franchise?

Joelzania said:
Rev. Layle said:
I am still a big fan of the Paper Mario series - well, the first two games, the Wii game didn't look as fun (however, I haven't played it, so I don't know for sure).

I wouldn't bother if you're looking for an RPG. The focus on platforming really threw me off of the game. I agree that the first two were brilliant.

I knew it was a platformer... hence why I avoided it (maybe it is a good platformer?). I thought the combat system in the first two games, while easy to pick up, took some thought and strategy to master (esp. trying to win crowd favor and such) without being "stupid difficult". My wife adores those two games.

Crni Vuk said:
does anyone remember that mario movie?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMZKYnLg5c[/youtube]

Yes. That movie has some interesting stories behind it. Like how the husband/wife director duo sucked so much.

Rev. Layle said:
I am still a big fan of the Paper Mario series - well, the first two games, the Wii game didn't look as fun (however, I haven't played it, so I don't know for sure).
It's actually really fun, though it's a platformer rather than a JRPG so it's a different type of game than it's predicessors. That said, it was better than Mario Galaxy.

Speaking of Mario Galaxy... I was disappointed with how easy it was and the recycling of content in the game.

There's no doubt about it though, Mario is one of the most whored game series out there. I'm sure someone has posted a long list of just how many Mario games there actually is, and also the appearances he makes in other Nintendo games.

BFox17 said:
I'm sure someone has posted a long list of just how many Mario games there actually is, and also the appearances he makes in other Nintendo games.

Go back a page, apparently Mario is in 116 games, and counting.

valcik said:
They doesn't know how to make a good franchise article anyway. This is how Mario should look like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Ds-vg46L4

I'm pretty torn on Dorkly. Sometimes their stuff is funny (and pretty good), sometimes its dumb, sometimes its just annoying.

Their article section in particular is pretty bad, though. They actually think VGCatz is a good Webcomic and their "Top Lists" are horrible.

They also seem to have quite the dislike towards Obsidian. "Well F:NV is good, but it doesn't hold a candle to the perfect F3" and "Oh my God, Kotor 2 was so horrible compared to Kotor 1"

Really, the thing that made KOTOR II‘s ending so bad was that nothing really led up to it. Throughout the entire game, the plot is scattered and unfocused, without any real consequence on the table, because the game feels entirely disconnected from the original Knights of the Old Republic. Can you believe they allowed a beloved Star Wars property to have a wildly unfulfilling follow-up? Oh, you can? Really easily? Nevermind then.

That Nintendo was getting somewhat lazy with Mario was apparent when they pretty much said that there were two palette swapped Toads in NSMBWii because putting another character was too much work.

There is only one proper reply to this thread

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8[/youtube]

Brother None said:
There is only one proper reply to this thread

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8[/youtube]

Yeah, and we all know what happened to Sega.

Yes. They're publishing awesome games, while Nintendo went into toy manufacturing. I know which one I prefer.

Hilariously little changed from the original war. Sega still does what Nintendoesn't.

Brother None said:
Yes. They're publishing awesome games, while Nintendo went into toy manufacturing. I know which one I prefer.

Hilariously little changed from the original war. Genesis still does what Nintendoesn't.

Sega publishes awesome games? Let me look....

*comes back later:

Sega still doesn't measure up to Nintendo. Sorry. Other than Total War, and some old Genesis titles, Sega still sucks.

It's a shame Sonic sucks since Sonic Adventure 2, though. ;__;

TorontRayne said:
Brother None said:

Hilariously little changed from the original war. Genesis still does what Nintendoesn't.

Sega publishes awesome games? Let me look....

Vanquish, Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns, House of the dead: Overkill, Valkyria Cronichles. Your opinion is invalid. :smug:

Back