Is Brian Fargo working for Bethesda too?

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Silencer, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    I don't think you know much of anything about having a sense of humour and not being serious at the net.

Go to your room.

2. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009
    I agree. Hell, Dwarf Fortress is a very fleshed out game, and it's being made by ONE guy. Bigger isn't always better.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 13, 2008
    Anything's possible. Bethesda did pick up Wet after it got canned by Activision. But he says that it's been in development for a couple years, so it probably is something else as long as he's not just joking around.

4. frosty_theaussie

frosty_theaussie Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 22, 2003
    Mad Max 4: A ZeniMax Media Production.
    A Boy and His Dog and His Cat, directed by Todd Howard.
    I Have no Mouth and Must Scream: The Radio Play (as performed in its entirety by Wes Johnson).

5. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    Wa$te.

Just throw in some vault suits, it'll be cool.

:roll:

6. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    I never get tired of looking at that "thing"... it's hipnotically horrible.

I don't know about InXile, for all which Fargo said about the new Wasteland, actions speak more than words, and while it was a somewhat entertaining game, The Bard's Tale remake was not RPG-ish at all. And now Bethesda enters the picture.

7. King of Creation

King of Creation Vault Fossil

Dec 9, 2003
    I think the big point that completely destroys any argument for a mobile Fallout game is the fact that Fargo is on a European press tour for the mystery game. There's no way that anyone would ever do an expensive press tour just for an iphone app. It's also probably to assume he won't be doing a press tour for a game that everyone already knows about (Hei$t).

8. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    If he's on a press tour, why haven't we heard anything about the project yet?

9. King of Creation

King of Creation Vault Fossil

Dec 9, 2003
    Probably the same reason that we didn't hear anything about New Vegas until after the press stuff already took place - Bethesda's PR schedule.

We'll undoubtedly learn soon enough what actually is going on. Lots of press have done stuff with Fargo. One journalist apparently wore a Bard's Tale t-shirt that said "I am the chosen one" or something like that on it to meet Fargo at the airport in London (I think it was London), but airport security didn't like what his shirt said and interrogated him. I guess they thought chosen one=terrorist or something.

I found all of the information on Fargo's facebook wall - which was public until I posted the story about Bethesda and Inxile. He's since gone and changed his privacy settings so that you can't see his wall anymore.

10. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Talking about an unnanounced game like that is a pretty big nono, not just for Bethesda but any big gaming company. But especially for Bethesda since they like to keep the PR under control more. I actually always kind of appreciated their "we'll show it when we're ready" attitude.

11. SomeBritishDude

SomeBritishDude First time out of the vault

Feb 21, 2010
    Well, it's better than the "I'll tell you something epic and interesting about my game even though it won't make it into the final product" strategy, otherwise know as the "Peter Molyneux" strategy