Jason D. Anderson left InXile

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
This won't be news to many of our forumites, but Jason Anderson's LinkedIn profile confirms he left InXile, where he spent less than two years as creative director working on what is widely assumed though not confirmed to be Wasteland 2 or a Wasteland spinoff. He is now working at Turtle Rock. As "the help".

Brother None said:
widely assumed

So there might be a Wasteland 2?! Any sources?!

Edit: Interesting, i just read this in wikipedia:

On 9 February 2011, Turtle Rock Studios announced they have begun aggressive hiring for their next major title.

That sure is aggressive alright! :D

Serge 13 said:
Brother None said:
widely assumed
So there might be a Wasteland 2?! Any sources?!

No, just assumption. Not even vague rumors to back it up, it's just logic. InXile purchases Wasteland license + hires Jason Anderson = Wasteland 2.

Wasn't it officially confirmed months ago?

No, just assumption. Not even vague rumors to back it up, it's just logic. InXile purchases Wasteland license + hires Jason Anderson = Wasteland 2.

Well, that and the post-apocalyptic looking concept on their website. And them hiring designers with "fan of post-apocalyptic worlds" listed as a bonus trait.

Goweigus said:
That is too bad if he left that project, anyone know why he left?

Got a better offer?

Re: hmm

Goweigus said:

No. I did ask. But: no.

Ausir said:
Wasn't it officially confirmed months ago?

I told you months ago, yes, but I forgot to post it on NMA and GB, hence I did so now. I don't think the LinkedIn update was around when I told you or when you posted it on the Vault but I don't know when he did update it.

I don't think the LinkedIn update was around when I told you or when you posted it on the Vault but I don't know when he did update it.

Yeah, you told me earlier, but I didn't post it at The Vault until he posted it on LinkedIn, which was in January.

Goweigus said:

Because Counter Strike 2 is going to be a better credit than Line Rider DS

Goweigus said:

He knew too much about the outside world, and the Overseer didn't want him poisoning minds of the youth...

I thought Turtle Rock didn't exist anymore and was absorbed by Valve during the Left 4 Dead creation?

ahhh a little research shows that they reformed almost exactly a year ago. I wonder if they are entirely owned by Valve as a subsidiary or if they are their own company.

C2B said:
Beelzebud said:
They are a subsidiary of Valve.

No, currently they are completly private. They are even signed up by a talent agency to look for new publishers.

http://www.ddmagents.com/DDM - Corporate - 20110227.pdf

Also I'm really not sure if they are on such good terms with Valve anymore after what happened.

What happened under Valve? I know there was the "closure" but all staff were moved to Seattle IIRC, all paid by Valve.

If Valve owned the Turtle Rock name, depending on how it was re-negotiated, there is a possibility Valve could own a certain percentage of the company but not majority (similar to Microsoft with Bungie). Or they could have bought all that stuff back outright for all we know.

Damn, I was liking the convo between brother none and the other guy but you guys deleted the posts. Lame. I am a valve supporter but it pisses me off they don't really try to pursue sequels to the Half Life series.

Back