Josan12's new Fallout 2 animations showcase

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Josan12 has been tinkering with new Fallout 2 animations for a while now. They're currently nearing completion, and hopefully will be included in MIB88's MegaMod and killap's Restoration Project in their next updates. Here's a showcase of new animations: sniper rifle animation, wakizashi animation and power armor helmet animation.
<center>
album_pic.php
album_pic.php
album_pic.php
</center>
Link: New Fallout 2 animations thread.

Looks really nice. I wonder if there will be more of his animations (i.e. the new Jesus Mordino (?) with his double golden Desert Eagles) going into MIB88's pack ?

Looking forward to seeing what's coming in the next 2.35 release...

The black-clothed dude's pants turn green all of a sudden. Must be some kind of retro-futuristic chameleon pants. :D

fedaykin said:
The black-clothed dude's pants turn green all of a sudden. Must be some kind of retro-futuristic chameleon pants. :D

Nah, looks like he switches to leather armor for a frame or two.

Now those are REALLY GREAT!!! They really look like as if the original team would've done those (or even better then that). Nothing to complain about. Superb, inspiring stuff!

It's great to see rifles being shouldered. I always cringed when I saw the animation of them being fired from the hip.

Wow, these are great. Really great.

I hope that they will get released as a stand alone mod or with the B-Team mod upgrade. It'd be nice to play the original game with added visual upgrades alone. That's not to say that Megamod and Restoration Project aren't great, I just hope we can get these for all versions of the game, is all.

well they look decent, but i don't understand why make a news post from such a small thing like 6 new animations? I could understand if there would be something around 20 or more. Anyway nice to see that someone still works with fo2, even if its pretty much for nothing cause outdated engine and overplayed game.

juM8o said:
well they look decent, but i don't understand why make a news post from such a small thing like 6 new animations?

The Fallout Modding forum does not have high visibility, and as you can see people enjoy this news.

juM8o said:
Anyway nice to see that someone still works with fo2, even if its pretty much for nothing cause outdated engine and overplayed game.

The whole point of modding an overplayed game is so people can keep playing it. And I think you're in the wrong place to talk of "outdated" engines.

Let alone which, the sheer amount of work the guy must have put in to these new animations is seriously impressive.

More newsworthy than "yet another FO3 hands on" imo.

They look very nice, particularly the shooting ones which are pure awesome.

This "such a small thing" would add a lot of replay value to a game that won't have a legit successor for years to come.

Nim82 said:
More newsworthy than "yet another FO3 hands on" imo.

agreed.

Back