Resource icon

Fallout 2 mod Last Hope mod v1.086

Thank you.

About the previous "Duntown" not appearing on the map subject, this happened to be a major game breaking bug because the fact that i've killed Eddie since there is a freaking quest for it... This is not good quest design tbh... Since i had only two options to mark Duntown on the map and i have none, i had to start a whole new game... just putting it out there. I'll let you know if any other major bugs like this happens.

Thank you.

About the previous "Duntown" not appearing on the map subject, this happened to be a major game breaking bug because the fact that i've killed Eddie since there is a freaking quest for it... This is not good quest design tbh... Since i had only two options to mark Duntown on the map and i have none, i had to start a whole new game... just putting it out there. I'll let you know if any other major bugs like this happens.
No problem, i'll post this fix soon. You gain 300 exp. points for your help.

This will be my last question about this TC.

I've found the escaped convicts (The Shelter) and their leader told me to find a way into the prison. I've stolen the Security Codes from the robed figure who controls the gate but he doesn't accept it. I haven't find any use for the code either, it's just sitting in my inventory.

I've blown up the generator and ventured further down, there is a hatch surrounded by 4 force fields, the terminal in front of them is not working. Says the external power source is out. I'm stuck. What to do after this point? Blowing up force fields seem to do nothing.

This will be my last question about this TC.

I've found the escaped convicts (The Shelter) and their leader told me to find a way into the prison. I've stolen the Security Codes from the robed figure who controls the gate but he doesn't accept it. I haven't find any use for the code either, it's just sitting in my inventory.

I've blown up the generator and ventured further down, there is a hatch surrounded by 4 force fields, the terminal in front of them is not working. Says the external power source is out. I'm stuck. What to do after this point? Blowing up force fields seem to do nothing.

Hey man..

You need to look around for alternative ways to get scott's team inside. on the eastern wall near generators ther is a flagpole attach a rope to it. inspect the generators to get to know that it's easy to disable them, and disarm all the mines that are outside the prison walls all around. After that return to Scott and tell there's another way to get in. Tell him about a plan, that you take Scott with you as his "captive" though the main gate, and in the meantime scott's crew goes through. you'll be teleported to wasteland prison gate. Speak with the guard ( be carefull it's tricky to convince him to get you inside) or wait for scott's crew to blow up the generator ( this disables the forcefield). Kill al the guards on the ground, and talk to Scott. go down and purge the underground of wasteland prosin guards. after getting to the level you spoke about the one with a hatch, four forcefields and two guards with plasma rifles. kill the guards with plasma rifles. afterwards Player char floats in green text that you should check with Scott. Go to Scott, and He'll say everything is rigedd to blow. Be sure you picked your stuf beforehand, as there is no second chance to talk to scott, say you're ready, and let him blow up the prison.
And that's literally it, endgame slides are probably still in the works i guess.

Forgotten Knight updated Last Hope mod with a new update entry:

Last Hope v1.085

What a good weekend for another update. This update includes some changes described in LHinfo. Also, i added a simple walkthrough in pdf, with pictures and guidelines for each quest. Note, some parts of this guide are a bit older and may contain old map pictures and quest names. But don't you panic at the disco, just follow my poorly written instructions and thank you.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry to bother You but something is wrong agin.
1. in Philton Johnathan the slavemaster does not accept computer printout as proof of the Silting infiltration using xerox machine only gives second print out, but Johnathan doesn't accept it either, and leaving Silting's Vault with the stolen accountbook yealds the guard trigger a hostile chat and afterwards attacks.

2. third Mayor Donson's quest:
talk to donson> talk to city council guy> talk to drug pusher in courtyard> going to the manhole doesn't produce the over head float that someone was walking here not long ago like it used to>opening the manhole by myself>enter manhole & My computer locks up, it happens every single time.

Hope You'll solve this.

Sorry to bother You but something is wrong agin.
1. in Philton Johnathan the slavemaster does not accept computer printout as proof of the Silting infiltration using xerox machine only gives second print out, but Johnathan doesn't accept it either, and leaving Silting's Vault with the stolen accountbook yealds the guard trigger a hostile chat and afterwards attacks.

2. third Mayor Donson's quest:
talk to donson> talk to city council guy> talk to drug pusher in courtyard> going to the manhole doesn't produce the over head float that someone was walking here not long ago like it used to>opening the manhole by myself>enter manhole & My computer locks up, it happens every single time.

Hope You'll solve this.
Sure thing, i did a quick check. The following is for the dramatization purpose only, with all due respect:
1. I dived right into it, followed my walkthrough for this particular quest:"Get information about slavers base in Silting for Jonathan." All the back pain and previous life flashbacks didn't prevent me from going through the whole thing, like a huge ice cream you just have to eat before it melts.
Anyway, i got all the way to the point where i can choose dialog options for each quest item i have in my inventory and both do their thing:
scr00000.png

2. For this one:"Find out who killed two Philton citizens and bring them to justice." i used my poor reading skills after i took a deep breath and put my imaginary reading glasses. Since i'm barely literate to follow my walkthrough, i had to ask this nice drug dealer guy who was polite enough to give me some directions, and...
I found myself here...
scr00001.png

I will conduct more experiments to have a valid theory...

no need to be rude.. so how about my savegame for a checkup?

in addition ddraw.ini with all the changes, additional mods from mods folder, and all the global scripts i used..

I'm not kidding, I finished the game a dozen or so times already since 1.082, however this time the things i mentioned do not work. I don't know which version you used that it works for you, but it doesn't work for me, and yeah i read the walkthrough, and didn't learn a thing i already didn't knew. So with all due respect, don't try to make fun, instead take a serious look at it.

Attachments

no need to be rude.. so how about my savegame for a checkup?

in addition ddraw.ini with all the changes, additional mods from mods folder, and all the global scripts i used..

I'm not kidding, I finished the game a dozen or so times already since 1.082, however this time the things i mentioned do not work. I don't know which version you used that it works for you, but it doesn't work for me, and yeah i read the walkthrough, and didn't learn a thing i already didn't knew. So with all due respect, don't try to make fun, instead take a serious look at it.

You missed the dramatization part where i criticize me, myself and I, nobody else should be offended by this monologue. Self criticism is what pushes one's limits and expands the worldview, that's what Hakunin would say. So i extracted the following to a brand new location on my older HDD:
1. mein mod 1.085
2.dd raw
3.MOoDS
4.scripts
5.SLOTH03
6.added critter and master

Using your original save game with all the other heavy modifications you provided. Here's what i got when i got down the ladder. Char window is to check that nothing freezes. One punch killed two guards just to be sure.
scr00000.png

Then i went to Jonathan and asked about that job...
1.Handed over the transaction list... Quest solved
scr00002.png

2. Tried the second option. Went to Silting, stole the account book, gave it to Jonathan...
scr00003.png

Got the same result... Quest solved

Let me know if you need me to check anything else. I'm dead serious and dead tired at the same time.

Ok Don't know what was up, but few days later it started to work like it should, it crashes often now, however I'm stuck near the endgame I asulted the wasteland prison, killed all the guards on the ground, now Scott tells me to go down the elevator to the complex but i get crashes on the elevator no matter if i pick flor 1 or flor 2 it crashes the game and i can't even return to desktop i have to log out with alt+ctrl+delete, nothing seemes to help did a restart, and even tried cold boot with draining the power from monitor and PSU remains from the capacitors, by forcing to start with power switch set to off. Nothing seemes to help..

can you diagnose this one as well?

Same deal as before, apply all the mods from previous post, in order to even walk ingame :p

Hope You'll manage to tell me what's wrong, is my system on it's last breath, or is it something else this time..

EDIT:
Oh.. Yes one more thing:
this wasn't fun either:
scr00000.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok Don't know what was up, but few days later it started to work like it should, it crashes often now, however I'm stuck near the endgame I asulted the wasteland prison, killed all the guards on the ground, now Scott tells me to go down the elevator to the complex but i get crashes on the elevator no matter if i pick flor 1 or flor 2 it crashes the game and i can't even return to desktop i have to log out with alt+ctrl+delete, nothing seemes to help did a restart, and even tried cold boot with draining the power from monitor and PSU remains from the capacitors, by forcing to start with power switch set to off. Nothing seemes to help..

can you diagnose this one as well?

Same deal as before, apply all the mods from previous post, in order to even walk ingame :p

Hope You'll manage to tell me what's wrong, is my system on it's last breath, or is it something else this time..

EDIT:
Oh.. Yes one more thing:
this wasn't fun either:
View attachment 28080

Other modifications may affect your gameplay experience, i wrote the whole info file about possible problems. While i am certified PC repair tech, i can't help you with this one. One thing is for sure, mods don't mix too well sometimes, take vine and beer for example... Vehicle can be retrieved
from the same guy you bought it from, call it a car tow service, a fail-safe mechanism i implemented.
There's just a "small" fee, shown in the video..

so it might be mod incompatibility.. strange seemes to work with all other productions Nevada, Sonora, Resurrection, Yesterday, and so on.

Anyways, you seem to use those mods i provided, although f2-res.ini seemes to be untouched, same as sfall-mods.ini, hence why Noel is sucha weaksauce in the video.. only capable of 2shots per turn, and absolutely no crits...

as for mixing "vine" and beer, did You ment "wine" or mixing weed/marijuana with beer, because the term "vine" is a bit misleading ;)

To be clear, I'm not a fan of either wine nor weed nor beer, though i might ocasionally try the last one from time to time, with someone who's willing to drink with me, unfortunetly I have lack of ppl who like to drink beer around me, and drinking alone isn't my cup of tea if you catch my drift..

EDIT:

I've isolated and solved the problem.

Turned out You did not crash because I forgot to give you mods-order.txt where i had stated Fo2MechanicsMiniRework.dat.

this mod did not start for you. after disabling the mod i was able to enter lower levels.
So i searched for a solution, and updated the mod, however it's not all, turns out in order to use this mod i had to update sfall to 4.4.0+ as well, I have no idea how did it work in backwards compatibility with 4.3.7 provided in your mod.

Anyways I hope the sfall udate won't break anything. I'll make an additional playthrough just to check.

Thank You for Your assistance. @Forgotten Knight

EDIT#2:

Since I still haven't migrated to a bigger drive my Fallout HDready video edits are mostly on hold, however the 720p videos for Last Hope were already made, and since they're quite small, You may consider taking a look on them, I used the ones from _Pyran_'s v1.083.2
He has some videos Your version doesn't have including a nice intro, all the other minor stuff were also upscaled to 720p, for example the pipboy retriving video looks much better now. It's only a matter of copying the videos, and palletes to data/art/cuts, subtitles to data/text/english/cuts, enabling AllowDShowMovies=1, and enabling subtitles in game, and that's it. Only other thing you need to do, is to use Mash's HRP on vanilla sfall ( since sfall's HRP doesn't seem to work for the upscaled movies, at least v4.4.2) ( also changing the executable name in both the .exe itself and in fallout2.cfg, like in LHmod's example has a positive impact on HD video display, as certain pixels don't shake anymore).

@Forgotten Knight
If You want to get a hold of those vids, do say so here, I'll pass them over to You.

Last edited:
What is the proper way to update the mod? I havent had the time to play it yet but it is sitting on my harddrive waiting.

Updatte by hand, make a separate install, migrate your mods if any, migrate your sfall settings, etc. and possibly update sfall itself. 4.3.7 that the mod comes with is so goddamn unstable that it is literally nessecary to save every damn 10 minutes, because the game crashes so often. after an update to 4.4+ i had literally zero crashes.

I tried giving this mod a go before going to bed tonight, but it gave me the error "Game Initialization failed" despite me setting wine tricks to override ddraw and f2-res

Am I missing something? Maybe something else needs to be done with this mod to play it on Linux.

upload_2024-4-6_22-54-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2024-4-6_22-52-23.png
    upload_2024-4-6_22-52-23.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 33
start form making sure you installed the directx-10-jun-2010-end-user-runtime, certian files from there also need to be set to override. and if you haven't installed the runtime, you also need to override the dx .dll libraries that ccome with Fallout install.. ( i hope Forgotten Knight did aded them), otherwise you may need to borrow them form a installation that has them, especially the _42 and _43, if not than only native 8bit graphics mode will work. and make sure Your wine simulates at least winXP or later.
this is especially true for built in HRP.. but in general HRP both built in or Mash's won't work without enabling dx9, and for dx9 dll libraries for it need to be installed to the emulator, or dx libraries that come with fallout mod need to be set as override as well. with out that only the unpatched executable, vanilla resolution, and 8bit color mode

start form making sure you installed the directx-10-jun-2010-end-user-runtime, certian files from there also need to be set to override. and if you haven't installed the runtime, you also need to override the dx .dll libraries that ccome with Fallout install.. ( i hope Forgotten Knight did aded them), otherwise you may need to borrow them form a installation that has them, especially the _42 and _43, if not than only native 8bit graphics mode will work. and make sure Your wine simulates at least winXP or later.
this is especially true for built in HRP.. but in general HRP both built in or Mash's won't work without enabling dx9, and for dx9 dll libraries for it need to be installed to the emulator, or dx libraries that come with fallout mod need to be set as override as well. with out that only the unpatched executable, vanilla resolution, and 8bit color mode
There seems to be only two DDL's in the Last Hope download. Ddraw.dll. and f2_res.dll.

I openned up the Direct 10 Runtime and there was quite a few files. I added _42 and 43 to winetricks over ride, but get the same result.

I was able to get through with Forgotten Knight and asked him for help. He advised changing the graphics mode to 0 which I did. It led me to having a loading screen, but it then crashed afterwords. Still a step in the right direction.

Should've been more precise.. it's not dx10 runtime you need to download and install..
it's a general directx runtime the 10jun2010 is a date: "tenth of june two thousand and ten" not directx 10..

the direct x end user runtime that you were sepose to download were from directX 9.0c not directX 10 ...

hod on let me check what i i have set in winulator on my android phone for my resurrectio install..

okey dokey the list goes on like this:
d3d10 (native, builtin)
d3d10_1 (native, builtin)
d3d10core (native, builtin)
d3d11 (native, builtin)
d3d12 (native, builtin)
d3d8 (native, builtin)
d3d9 (native, builtin)
ddraw (native, builtin)
dmband (native, builtin)
dmcompas (native, builtin)
dmloader (native, builtin)
dmscript (native, builtin)
dmstyle (native, builtin)
dmsynth (native, builtin)
dmusic (native, builtin)
dmusic32 (native, builtin)
dsound (native, builtin)
dswave (native, builtin)
dxgi (native, builtin)
f2_res (native, builtin) ( it's f2_res not f2-res )
wine3d (native, builtin)

that's for wine 8.0.1

You may also try adding:
d3d9dx_30.dll
d3d9dx_31.dll
d3d9dx_42.dll
d3d9dx_43.dll

the files must be either taken from fo2 install or simply install directX end user runtime ( the full install from 10jun2010 not the web installer [ not dxwebinstall.exe] )
that should be it.. i'm hving trouble launching the game since samsung snapdragon 600 series onboard Adreno GPUs have no directX support, hnece why there's no dx9 mode and resurrection from _Pyran_'s archive comes with Mr.Stalin's sfall, and mr.stalin's sfall works only with built-in HRP mode, and no way to switch it off, hence the problems..
as the name implies those are files for directX 9 not direct X 10 !!!

try that, and say how it went

Should've been more precise.. it's not dx10 runtime you need to download and install..
it's a general directx runtime the 10jun2010 is a date: "tenth of june two thousand and ten" not directx 10..

the direct x end user runtime that you were sepose to download were from directX 9.0c not directX 10 ...

hod on let me check what i i have set in winulator on my android phone for my resurrectio install..

okey dokey the list goes on like this:
d3d10 (native, builtin)
d3d10_1 (native, builtin)
d3d10core (native, builtin)
d3d11 (native, builtin)
d3d12 (native, builtin)
d3d8 (native, builtin)
d3d9 (native, builtin)
ddraw (native, builtin)
dmband (native, builtin)
dmcompas (native, builtin)
dmloader (native, builtin)
dmscript (native, builtin)
dmstyle (native, builtin)
dmsynth (native, builtin)
dmusic (native, builtin)
dmusic32 (native, builtin)
dsound (native, builtin)
dswave (native, builtin)
dxgi (native, builtin)
f2_res (native, builtin) ( it's f2_res not f2-res )
wine3d (native, builtin)

that's for wine 8.0.1

You may also try adding:
d3d9dx_30.dll
d3d9dx_31.dll
d3d9dx_42.dll
d3d9dx_43.dll

the files must be either taken from fo2 install or simply install directX end user runtime ( the full install from 10jun2010 not the web installer [ not dxwebinstall.exe] )
that should be it.. i'm hving trouble launching the game since samsung snapdragon 600 series onboard Adreno GPUs have no directX support, hnece why there's no dx9 mode and resurrection from _Pyran_'s archive comes with Mr.Stalin's sfall, and mr.stalin's sfall works only with built-in HRP mode, and no way to switch it off, hence the problems..
as the name implies those are files for directX 9 not direct X 10 !!!

try that, and say how it went
Gave it a shot and added all of the overrides to Winetricks you listed above. Even downloaded the 4 DDL files individually. Still the results are the same. I tried both the 64 and 32 bit versions, but no luck.

Back