Let's Play Fallout 3: Violently

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Sander, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Deadman87

Deadman87 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 7, 2008
    You should have shot Jonas with the BB gun.

2. Rabban

Rabban First time out of the vault

Nov 13, 2008
    I'm honestly surprised you killed her, in my pc version she's invincible. It just wouldn't let me give the bitch the beat down she deserved.

3. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003

4. sentorio

sentorio First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2008
    Looking forward for the next one :) good job.

5. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Waddup, waddup, waddup chiiiiiildren? Time for episode # 2.

We left off shortly after leaving the Vault. Unimpressed with the bleak surroundings, I ventured onward to the nearby settlement I apparently knew about:

Megaton, baby!
    Strangely enough, there's an entire town filled with people who are carrying guns, only a minute's walking distance away from a Vault they all know about. A Vault that is moreover filled with technological goodies, great living space and people that can't even fight off a radroach.
    Something doesn't seem right.

There's also someone sitting outside the door:

What, give you water? Why the hell would I?

Wait, I tell you to go fuck yourself and die of thirst (essentially), and *this* is your response? Yeesh you're a pussy.

I bet you wouldn't give me any trouble if I killed you.

Indeed, no trouble at all.

Fuck it, let's go inside Megaton, maybe there'll be something to do there.

I'm greeted by some dude who thinks he's the sherriff. What the hell? Nice hat, though.

What, you think you're tough motherfucker?

Yep, I want your hat.
    Of course, mr. Cowboy decides that he can easily take me on. Little does he know that I'm an experienced killer!

Well, experienced enough to kill a Vault filled with people, at least.

And experienced enough to kill a sheriff as well.

How do you like my new hat?

3 more people or so try to kill me, but they present no problem for my mass-murdering self.
    Right around the corner, too, is the sheriff's place:

I'd show you more of the place, but the door was the most interesting part of his home. For a sheriff, he doesn't have much going on his life.

Of course, once I exited the building, apparently no one in the town of Megaton either misses the sheriff or has any problems with me. Handy.

Being somewhat low on ammo now, I decide to head over to the nearest supply store.

Is that a dark moustache? On a redhead? That's not your natural hair colour, girl.

*You* are writing a book on the wasteland?
    You have got to be kidding me.
    Ah well, if you want a foreword, I'll give you a foreword:

Well, I'm the sole survivor of that vault, so I suppose I'm representing myself here.

The bint gave me some armor for this, though. Hurray.

But now she wants me to help out with the rest of her book. Okay then. Let's see what she wants me to do, maybe she'll give me some taste of her moustache, or some free stuff so I don't have to go through the trouble of killing her for it:

You want me to do what? Are you crazy? No way in hell!

Wait, where's the option to tell her she's crazy?

Man, I'm not spending another second in the room with this retard. Byes.

Outside, of course, there's more crazies:

Except maybe this guy. He looks like he could handle himself.
    Maybe he'd be interested in joining up. Seems like the type.

I'm what?
    I murdered a vault, killed your sheriff and three of your citizens, and I'm a goody two-shoes?
    Okay, nevermind, this guy's just as crazy as the other ones.

Incidentally, I'm robbing every single citizen I come across to refill my ammo supply. Easy money.

Of course, the place is still filled with crazies:

These people are worshipping the undetonated bomb right behind them. Does everyone in this town have a death wish?

Of course, there is an armory I can rob.

Sadly, there's a robot guard inside. And not just any robot guard, it took me almost all of my ammo and stimpaks to take him down:

But I did! Haha! The first challenge in the game so far.
    Sadly, the armory doesn't have much loot outside of lots and lots of weapons. I've still got an ammo problem.

But, wounded now, I should go by the doctor:

Whoops, killed him.
    Of course, I tried robbing his medical supplies, and he took some kind of issue with that and attacked me. Not a smart plan.

Continuing my exploration of the town of Megaton and the minor amounts of loot these people carry, I come across some random tavern called the Brass Lantern. Inside, again, no one interesting.
    Except for this:

Looks profitable. Too bad I can't lockpick it. Oh wait:

Well, that I *can* use. Thanks for the 300 unguarded caps, retards.

Megaton at night.

And I enter the other bar in this mental institution. Someone wants me to deliver a message, and promises me that there will be money when I deliver. Ehm, okay, whatever. If I come across it I'll deliver it and then rob those people:

Finally, a place with some people who are sane. Or at least, people who want to part with their money for services I'm not going to perform.

Wait, you want me to do what?

So wait, you're going to pay me money for blowing this hole filled with retards sky-high?
    Count me in!

But first, let's see what else there is to do here:

Damn, post-apocalyptic hookers are expensive. Too expensive for my blood anyway.

Incidentally, there's also a computer around the back of this place I could hack into. Apparently, my dad left for some radio station somewhere. Kay. Don't care.

But wait, what do I see there, it's that mercenary guy again. Let's see if he wants to tag along yet:

Apparently, stealing some stuff no one noticed made me not a goody two-shoes anymore. Okay then.
    But really, 1000 caps? Are you kidding me?

Wait, I know where I can get some of these caps:

Kiss metal, bitch! Get your moustache in there.

Robbing that place blind still leaves me short of the 1,000 though. That mercenary can go kiss his butt goodbye when I blow this place up, too.

Also, this place gave me conclusive evidence of the girl's complete insanity:

With the entire place robbed blind and nothing left to do, time to say goodbye to Megaton:

Bye!

Time to walk to some place called Tenpenny Towers, where that Burke character is waiting with the detonator.

(Incidentally, I did take screenshots of me setting us up the bomb, but apparently Fallout 3 isn't entirely reliable when it comes to saving screenshots).

Anyway, walking along the road:

Walking along the road, being blinded by billboards:

Walking along the road, killing flies:

Walking along the road, killing ugly-ass molerats:

Ah, finally, that'll be those bloody towers:

But in between, there's a Robco factory too, I'll have to visit that later:

Of course, there's some weirdo offering robots for sale outside. I ask if I can buy any:

I'm too evil for a robot? Since when did robotics advance to the point where they created a full AI with morals? And why did they not take over the world yet?

I'd punish the guy for this if he didn't have all those robots protecting him. He has 3, and that one robot in the armory gave me a ton of trouble.

So, onward to those towers then.

Looks good.

Hah! Stupid zombie shambles off muttering vague threats. Pft, like we care.

What? Fuck you, it's not like that box of yours looks good.

Oh, what, you didn't realise I was human? Pft. After I tell him I'm here for Burke he allows me inside:

Hokay then. This looks a whole lot better than the shitholes outside. I think I'll like it here.

I take the elevator up to meet Mister Burke, of course. Time to blow some shit up.

Tenpenny is there, too, though bragging about his great tower. Time to set him straight:

Yeah, I said it. Whatcha gonna do?

Of course, he makes some offhand comment about me being a bit rude, and then admits that I was right anyway:

Are you kidding me? This pussy does't deserve to run this place. Right after I blow up Megaton, I'm going to do something about the hierarchy here.

But first, bomb time.

Oh yeah, talk dirty for me.

That's a pretty big box for just one switch.
    I set it off anyway.

Good riddance to nutbag retards. Suckers.

And that's all for now.
    Next time..
    Well, more killing probably. Hah!

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Priceless.

The robot with morals is pretty ridiculous too...

7. Gandar

Gandar First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2008
    I love the part when the evil raider called you a goodie-two-shoes. Ya know, after you murdered a vault, his sheriff and 3 others.

Radiant AI at its best!

PS You should play with corpses a bit in one of your episodes. Get really mad at someone and use a ripper to each limb. Once their dead you can kinda manually aim and sever arms/legs/head. Kinda fun to use the grab key and throw a severed head at one of the pussy NPCs that runs away when the fight goes sour.

8. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    It sucks you can't use severed heads as ammo for the Rock-It Launcher.

You'd think one of those guys at Bethesda would realize that it'd be hilarious to play as a character named the Headhunter who hunts people down for their heads, only to use those heads to kill more people for their heads.

Wait, scratch that, we must hide this from Bethesda.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    ^ Hmm, I think you'd be able to load the body parts found in SM sacks into the Rock-it Launcher. Close enough imo.

10. Gandar

Gandar First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2008
    I like this idea

11. UncannyGarlic

UncannyGarlic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 6, 2008
    I don't know if your screenshot is just really bad but that molerat has a model that looks like it's from 2000. You actually make the game look entertaining, can't wait for the next!

12. DJ Slamák

DJ Slamák Brain for eat. Not for think.

Apr 2, 2003
    Does the robot really have morals? I'm playing a goody two shoes from the Vault, but the guy told me the exact same thing.

Perhaps it's yet another part of the game that isn't actually interactive?

Oh, great job, Sander. Please do continue at your earliest convenience.

13. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    The game has its moments and can be entertaining if you decide to play an asshole. However, the main quest and the usual Bethsoft retardation ( bugs, terrible AI, the feeling that you're playing a MMO, the inconsistent design, bad soundtrack, generic settlements, generic characters, generic quests ) ruined the game for me.

14. eddoctorwho

eddoctorwho First time out of the vault

Nov 14, 2008
    You have to have neutral karma.

15. Starseeker

Starseeker Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 25, 2003
    Maybe we can turn this into violent walkthrough?

16. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    It's probably the screenshot, although those molerats don't look all that pretty anyway.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys.

17. Slaughter Manslaught

Slaughter Manslaught Vault Senior Citizen

Dec 11, 2006
  18. Tom_Sawyer

Tom_Sawyer First time out of the vault

May 25, 2007
    I started reading this as I was chewing on a roast beef sub. I damn near choked I was laughing so hard, 2 thumbs up!

19. BloodyPuppy

BloodyPuppy Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    Seriously, that's pretty mind-blowing. I mean Jesus, the word is in the god damned title of the game, you'd think the devs would make the characters slightly more aware of such things.

20. Skynet 2.0

Skynet 2.0 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 10, 2008
    They didn't want silly things like consequences interfering with how awesome it is to detonate a nuclear device.