Let's Play Fallout 3: Violently

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Sander, Nov 13, 2008.

1. BloodyPuppy

BloodyPuppy Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    Remember kids, nuclear holocaust is bad, unless it looks fucking badass in which case it's the shit.

2. Tarissky

Tarissky First time out of the vault

Nov 20, 2008
    Can't wait for the next segment. I've only gone partway through the game, and I'm a good character so far, but as soon as I beat it, I'll go evil.

3. Munin

Munin First time out of the vault

May 27, 2008
    I played the game similar after the game became so irritatingly annoying when I played the good guy. Never had that before, that I became irritated because of playing the Good guy. well done Bethesda: you managed to screw up the game ("good guy").

When I played this way, I felt way better: blowing up/slaughtering towns (at least the towns you can find in this game, only 1 decent town: Megathon), killing traders, "not giving away free water", not talking like an idiot and not being treated like an idiot. This is fun, well at least until you reach little lamplight: it screws the whole experiance, untouchable highly annoying kids. Also Daddy, screws up the whole feeling too: he fucks up the mood.

4. gregor_y

gregor_y Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 19, 2007
    Um theres already mod alowing you to kill every kid in game...also you can kill dad your self with little modification but then you screw up game :)

5. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    Yes there is a mod, but the game was designed to have unkillable and annoying on the same time, bunch of kids. Even when you kill kids with the mod, the game doesn't have any consequances to it (like child killer karma, or some shit).

And the shittiest thing with you and your dad in the game is that stupid dialogue with him. For example, you only have one stupid reason in the dialogue, for why have you left the Vault, something like:
    "You left me alone daddy! I want be with you"

Well, it's not true! I left the Vault because those retards tried to kill me! Not because I wanted to find my dad. Thanks to him they wanted to kill me, so why I should be so fucking love-driven idiot after that?

6. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Hehe. The bit where you off Moira is funny.

More please.

7. gregor_y

Jan 19, 2007
    Well it's true agread with you...

Im not happy with most of dialogues and choices its just they dident finish the bloody game maybe voice acting was a mistake they should use only text...any way on some characters you see they dident really finish the game there are 2-3 choices but they lead to same dialogue WTF...

8. Trithne

Trithne Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah, after I got the killable kids mod I went and slaughtered Little Lamplight, which apparently dropped me to Neutral from Very Good, and then I realised that (of course) there was no way to progress if you found a way to do this, unless you take the alternative route of radioactive goodness. Because apaprently those kids control those gates with the POWER OF THEIR MINDS.

9. Public

May 18, 2006
    Voice acting and text like in previous games worked just fine! Only the main characters had voice actors. But then, if you want to go mostly text based game, the iso view will work much much better than FP view.

10. gregor_y

Jan 19, 2007
    Well agread only main actors should have voice...isometric view only if 2d i dont like 3d trying to be old school...

11. Elandarex

Elandarex First time out of the vault

Nov 9, 2008
    You know, the bad voice acting wouldn't seem so bad if only someone at Bethesda realized that front facing conversation is pretty much the most cinematically boring thing you can do, especially when coupled with expressionless faces. That's one thing I really like about Mass Effect: Bioware actually put in the effort to show people from multiple angles during a conversation and more often than not we're given a 3/4 view of a character's face rather than seeing them dead on.

12. dhomochevsky

dhomochevsky First time out of the vault

Nov 23, 2008
    Hehe, I played the entire game like that, pretty much being an asshole at every opportunity.

Seeing Harold writhe in horrible pain and giving out that haunting scream, while fire engulfed him and Bob, burning them alive - kinda brings a tear to your eye and reminds you what a big part of this game deserves: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

13. Munin

Munin First time out of the vault

May 27, 2008
    I couldn't understand what he was mumbling about, I thought he said I needed to light his smoke. I was so kind to help him, you can't say no to a talking tree right? Next thing I know I heard him yelling something at me, I don't know what it was but he seemed excited about something.

Then I just walked away, a talking tree? I must have been dreaming, Bethesda would never dare put magic in Fallout 3.

14. Public

May 18, 2006
    Farewell, but I would like to see a better Fallout graphics than older ones. FOT looked nice, though it was still 2D.
    Still, IMO if someone would really try to make a nice 3D iso (looks like Diablo III is doing it), you would like it. ISO view has been forgotten by many developers, there are not many ISO games and that's why this technology didn't evolve much.

I think Bethesda tried to make like a talking-heads feeling.
    I wouldn't like Mass Effect like cinematics in Fallout.

15. Trithne

Nov 13, 2008
    isometric works just fine in 3d, and has done for YEARS.

Syndicate Wars had a perfectly functional 3d isometric setup from back in 1996, even if it looked slightly blocky. these days you could have a brilliant isometric setup, so why the insistence that games -have- to be FPP?

16. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Isometric 3D? Troika's TOEE, anyone??

17. Roflcore

Roflcore Mildly Dipped

Nov 2, 2008
    I just used the console to gain access to LL and to gain access to the vault. I mean I have a nuclear rocketlauncher and tons of mines and grenades, but I can't open a metalbarrier?

"You can not go their, please turn around" - fuck off bethesda, this is my game and I do whatever I like!

Also: Why the hell does bethesda put a cheat into a character that is already invincible? That is so stupid and pointless..princess can shoot 5 times with her shotgun before she needs to reload. If you pick it up need to reload every 2 shots. Whats the point of this? Have zombies eaten up the brains of bethesda employees?!

18. Trithne

Nov 13, 2008
    Yeah, I tcl'd through the gate to keep going, but I've barely played it from that point. I've just got no motivation to even touch the game, especially as I'm enjoying trying to get through FO1 with an Int 1 character who solves every problem by punching it. I've never played the retard route before, so it's proving quite a challenge.

19. dhomochevsky

dhomochevsky First time out of the vault

Nov 23, 2008
    FUCK, that reminds me of the Fallout 2 retard playthrough. The discussion with Tor in Klamath was priceless. Oh, and Sarge in Navarro. Anyone tried to play the retard game with Fallout 3? How does it work?

20. Roflcore

Roflcore Mildly Dipped

Nov 2, 2008
    Dialogs are the same, you just don't have the [Captain Obvious] err I mean [Int] lines. But since most of the time their is also a [Endurance] line or something like that its rather pointless and has no effect on dialog at all. you just have less skillpoints, thats all.