Mark Morgan vs. Inon Zur

Who is your preferred soundtrack composer in the Fallout series, so far?

• Mark Morgan

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • Inon Zur

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
I really like Inon Zur's work in Fallout Tactics. That one is not so orchestral and more similar to the one in 1 and 2.

They're both great and New Vegas hit the target right by utilizing both. That being said, I didn't like Zur's work in 4 or 76. Far too fantasy-esque and orchestral. 3 and New Vegas had decent Wasteland atmosphere.

Obviously Mark Morgan. I don't like some of F2 tracks (Vault City's music, ugh. And surprisingly, I don't like the Highwayman music) but his work surely shaped Fallout to a certain degree. It's just great music overall.
Inon's work for Tactics was okay. The whole game felt much darker and more desolated than the originals and the music and graphics fit that vision. New Vegas music was really good at some points, especially in the desert, but Inon Zur has nothing on Mark Morgan. And his music for F3 and F4 sucks.

I'm going to be real with you, Chief. I really, really loved Zur's work. Morgan's pieces always came off as ambient noise. Most of it isn't music, and it doesn't really strike up an emotion. I get there was a time crunch, with unrealistic expectations, but I wouldn't listen to it on a daily basis like I do with Zur's music.

Inon Zur is talented, and I love a lot of his tracks from New Vegas and Tactics, but you can mention a location in Fallout and Fallout 2, or name a track, and I can instantly hear Morgan's work.

EDIT: Do you know what the original argument should be? The original Fallout soundtracks vs the Wasteland soundtrack.

Last edited:
Wasteland soundtrack.
The bleeps? Or was there actually a sound track back then? I mostly jest either way. I've only heard the Edwin Montgomery soundtrack for Wasteland.

My answer to that is I probably like Fallout's soundtrack more than Wasteland's but I think Wasteland's has some better songs and some weaker songs. I'd have to actually re-listen to them though to be fully sure of that.

The bleeps? Or was there actually a sound track back then? I mostly jest either way. I've only heard the Edwin Montgomery soundtrack for Wasteland.

My answer to that is I probably like Fallout's soundtrack more than Wasteland's but I think Wasteland's has some better songs and some weaker songs. I'd have to actually re-listen to them though to be fully sure of that.

Bleep bloop. Yeah I guess I meant the Montgomery score. I'd probably agree with you, in that Fallout's ambient tracks have a character to them that I instinctively associate with the apocalypse. But Wasteland's tracks have this almost mystical quality to them that I like that Fallout lacks. They remind me a bit of Frank Herbert's Dune.

Fallout 3's main theme might be my favorite main title track of all time, yet I have to go with Mark Morgan. Not a single track in all of F1/F2 that isn't a classic. Especially Metallic Monks, the best track in any game ever period.

Back