Mass Effect 2

Yeah, that's what I meant. You travel to a new system/cluster, see this new star, you scan the planets for more informations. And they did an excellent job with all those scientific informations you can find in the text. Then, if it's a planet I can land on, I'm very amazed. If it's hazardous, you have to waer special suits for etc. Then you see the beautiful sky, the panorama etc. That definately kicked ass, atleast for people like me who are interested in astrophysics etc. So no, you're not alone. :D There were also some creatures on those planets, like the apes mentionend in a sidequest, guiraffes, pollen flying through the air etc. If they manage to increase those features (which I hope, the xbox and PC version is getting released on 2 dvds, which tells me there is more content than on Mass Effect 1) this will be awesome.

ok so I was a bit harsh when I said I "hated" that stuff. I didn't at first - the first few times it was really cool, just like you describes it. but very soon it became more of a tedious task and the scenery was way too generic and repetetive to keep the exploration interesting.

Yeah. I hope the shuttle allows them to make unique locations rather than the same bunker but with different furniture.

But there will be vehicle sections on a thing called the Hammerhead (in the future, all APCs will be named after sharks). I heard it strafes and dodges better.

i fucking hated the Mako exploring shite (on non-story or -quest related planets).

seriously, if you're going to make a space game, you might not want to include a stupid APC-like thingy that defies every goddamn law of physics you can imagine...

some of these autorendered planets were totally retarded as well.

The worst part was that there was stuff out there to 'discover'.

So first they give you a buggy that is hell to navigate with, then they give you more or less random planets that defy most geographical knowledge and make navigating even worse, and then they place shit out there in the wastes to discover. Shit which is, most probably, identical to the shit you found on the last planet, and consists of a bunch of dudes you have to shoot, or the exact same mining operation with insectoids in it.

Sure, you don't have to discover that stuff or anything, but if it isn't a fun activity to do so consecutively for more than an hour, why add it? Cause it hardly costs a dollar to put another hour of that crap in while adding to the 'gameplay' time, so that the box can taut 'more than 100 hours!'.

Same goes for Assassin's Creed. Collecting flags? 'Rescuing' citizens for the ⁿ-th time? I seriously cannot get how a developer can imagine people playing that and thinking 'oh boy am I enjoying myself! I'm doing the exact same thing I did a few minutes ago, good lord this is worth my time, money and attention, I have nothing better to do than to enjoy this awesome repetition!'.

I honestly would love it if they learned from Fallout and made sidequests with 2 or more opposing factions instead of "Go here and kill these pirate losers 27 times".

Valid criticism. I'd still they rather keep the Mako but improve it and the whole exploration part.

I was so into the game the first time that I read every single description of the planets so me liking it was definitely due to my overall disposition, not the quality of that element.

the DLC will add black shadow to all the character's eyes from lack of sleep and overconsumption of DP.

the pilot with brittle bones will start hopping around like and idiot every once in a while, breaking something at random. drinking too much DP without being able to move around drives you nuts.

If there was anything I hated most of all in Mass Effect, it was Seth Green voicing that sarcastic robot of a pilot.

I hate wisecracking pilots, they're so cliche.

Agreed! It completely took me out of the experience, all I could hear was Seth Green trying to be interesting. I thought his voice did not fit at all.

Treesnogger said:
Not that the first title got no flaws, but I found it was an alright game, especially the story (or more the "codex") and the relaxing "explore those planets" bit of it. Now the second title is coming.

What do you think of it?

And for the lulz: I found a video, which shows the our "beloved" mobile nuke launcher from FO3 is also featured in ME2. :roll: 't was about 1:16. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCpK2XnIaeI&feature=channel

mass Effect 1 is a good game. But i still i think they are messing up too much with the plot of mass Effect 2.

the Codex it's rumored to be rewritten due to
some changes in the gameplay ( ammo, medigel ).

IMHO i'm not happy
for this " treatment " that mass Effect 2
is gonna receive.

:crazy:

Mass Effect 1's plot was functional but completely standard and followed the Bioware One-Plot-For-All-Situations-Kit to a tee.

I'm also very unsure as to how you can be unhappy with the plot rewrites when you don't know either the original or new plot of Mass Effect 2.

I don't know why, but the whole plot device of [spoiler:dfeb0ab87f]a race of sentient machines that regularly purge the universe of life somehow resonated with me. I thought it made sense that they would want to methodically genocide the entire universe to prevent the organics from evolving and posing a threat.[/spoiler:dfeb0ab87f] Perhaps because it was the last 'RPG' I played before becoming disillusioned/jaded (thanks NMA!).

The plot was severely homophobic, and I still hold a grudge against Bioware to this day for their disregard of society's empathetic evolution in the past few decades.
Not only were the Reapers representative of a same-sex species completely driven by the eradication of 'lesser' species (which we can easily consider a parallel to the Christian Fundamental belief that gays seek to eliminate heterosexuality), but extremely vicious overtones pervaded the entirety of the scenes regarding the Geth, another same sex (gay male robots) species.

I can only assume that Bioware is scumming money from the right-wing maniacs employed by Fox news, which is interesting considering the controversy the game generated with its sex scenes, an obvious ploy to outline the perceived homogeneous nature of humanity under the existence of a man as a homosexual male through media manipulation.
Through some thorough research, I managed to find several interesting and revealing facts, for the most part, the staff at Bioware are all heterosexuals. I need not draw any attention to the fact that in this day and age restricting the opportunities of an individual simply based on his sexual preferences is quite an abhorrent thing to do, yet it seems Bioware has repeatedly struck down the hopes of many ambitious aspiring gay developers. In fact, I found it extremely difficult to identify with the terribly macho-man representation of the 'ideal male' within Shepard, who was the Übermensch of this Aryan genocidal fantasy. The fact that it is the hetero male who must 'save' the universe using his own ridiculous right-wing brand of uncensored violence against the apparent "evil" of the same-sex Reapers who are portrayed to be as unapologetic in their evil as possible (to the extent that their reasoning is simply that they cannot allow others to hold the same place as them, the game's fantasy of what would happen if "gays took over", aka prosecution against heteros, utterly ridiculous).

This game sickened me, if it hadn't been for the fact that for most of it I was driving a Humvee in Iraq, I likely would've led an active campaign against its immoral existence.

However, quite recently I was allowed to have a discussion with lead developer Preston Watamaniuk after voicing my concerns on the Bioware forums, what was to follow was to be an in-person interview, but it quickly turned sour.
Sitting at the cafe we were to meet, Preston Watamaniuk approached me in a heavy coat, I yelled at him to stop several times in English and Arabic but he made no signs of responding. I shot him three times in the chest and abdomen, part of his intestines spilled out from under his shirt as he keeled over in the street, choking out praise to his God.

He bled to death as I watched him in my Humvee.

Your turn.

I think he lost his freaking mind, quite honestly. Back when I used to toke up, I could come up with something like that but I wouldn't go as far as type it up so it must be something else.

Eyenixon, congratz for setting back the cause of every gay man and lesbian woman on NMA back for a few years.

PS: I'm not gay.

Back