Merry Christmas from Bethesda

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Seems a bit early...VE3D presents a Fallout 3 Christmas card they got from Bethesda, and include what I think is a stab at us but I'm not sure (it's pretty badly aimed).
    <blockquote>To quote Andy: "OMG, THEY REDESIGNED THE CHRISTMAS CARD AND NOW IT ISN'T AUTHENTIC AND TRUE TO FALLOUT!!111 BETHESDA HAVE RUINED CHRISTMAS!!!" Happy Holidays from Bethesda!</blockquote><center></center>
    Merry Christmas to you guys too!

Link: Fallout 3: The Christmas Card.

2. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    The card itself is fine, but the bobblehead next to it should be burned for firewood. What good is Christmas if bobbleheads are not stoking the flames? :D

3. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    so who's scrotum do you have to orally imbibe to get sent a christmas card from the company with the least interest in what gamers think about them or their misbegotten products?

really. the world needs to know.

4. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    Don't think those cards are meant for us. You'd clearly know the difference because Vault Boy has his thumb and not his middle finger up. :)

5. neopl

neopl First time out of the vault

Feb 14, 2007
    Such bad attempt at humor, great display of professionalism, not.

6. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
  7. Nim82

Nim82 It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2007
    Card doesn't look next-gen, needs more bloom.

8. Serbaside

Serbaside Casual Vaulter

Dec 20, 2005
    Well you do have to send cards out before Christmas, so its not really early. It shouldn't be a surprise that PIPboy is on there, they are going to be putting him on a lot of things for the next year I figure, PIPboy toilet paper anyone?

Question 1: Who is Andy?
    Question 2: Who did they pay to paint those bobble heads..horrible?

9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I really find that behaviour as immature as what they accuse us of.
    But then again, I find it rather expected now.

10. AndyB

AndyB First time out of the vault

Jun 5, 2007
    Heh, it was a joke via IM. Wasn't aware he was going to post it, and it's definitely not serious. We <3 NMA.

11. Brother None

Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Well, we <3 VE3D too.

I kinda figured it was a friendly jab since VE3D doesn't exactly have a history of raging anti-NMA maniacs, unlike, say, GameSpy's "All Fallout Fans Should Die" Delsyn.

In light of it being a joke, this thread is comedy gold in itself :mrgreen:

12. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Damn it, you tricked us BN

Okay people, we need to convene on how to get back at our friendly moderator.
    I suggest we sneak up on him from behind and lock him up in the trunk of a car.

13. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    No, then we'd have to drive somewhere with a guy in the trunk and if movies and TV have taught me anything, that always ends badly.

What we should do is act like we're going to take him to Disneyland and then drive out into the countryside. Once there we ull-pey out a hovel-sey and mack-sey him over the ead-hey with it-ey. Then we can find the real Brother None.

I suspect he's locked away in a dungeon somewhere underneath Bethesda HQ, so we might need a Dark Wizards help with this...

14. Brother None

Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    How dare you? I'm the real Brother None. The same BN that's always loved Fallout 3. Everyone knows Bethesda knows Fallout way better than those stupid guys who "made" the game. wtf? As if that means anything, so what if they made the game, Bethesda bought it, hence Bethesda > BIS. lol BIS is bankrupt anyway. If they made good games like Bethesda they wouldn't be bankrupt.

15. Jiggly McNerdington

Jiggly McNerdington Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 14, 2007
    Where'd he say that anyway? I've seen it mentioned on here a few times but haven't heard/seen the full story on that.

16. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
  17. draeke

draeke It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 2, 2005
    wow, that's a low blow and i do think it's aimed at us. btw love your fing sigline i never realized they made a crpg out of paranoia jiggly!

18. Moving Target

Moving Target Mildly Dipped

Oct 25, 2007
    Man, don't you know? Christmas in the United States starts at least on Thanksgiving, usually even a week earlier.

That aside- eh.

19. Jiggly McNerdington

Jiggly McNerdington Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 14, 2007
    They didn't as far as I know, just found that gif floating around somewhere and liked it. Bit more enjoyable than the standard eyeball Friend Computer.

20. Kukident

Kukident Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 21, 2007
    sounds like they were making fun of the whole stay-true-to-original-Fallout-games-attitude more likely than just making fun

or explain me how this could not be meant that way, please.