Mothership Zeta trailer and dev diary

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    After seeing that trailer... my life is complete. :lol:

2. Puuk

Puuk It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 26, 2003

3. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Yeah, well, we rarely update ranks.

Congrats on the new job btw, Puukers. Aren't you getting fed up with MMOs yet, by the way? We want to see Puuk RPGs! I care not for MMOs!

4. Syraxith

Syraxith First time out of the vault

Oct 17, 2008
    After seeing this, my worse fears came true. There really is a FOBOS 2 (even in spirit.)

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Lol, samurai armour. Riiiight. I bet that leather armour also blocks lasers better than APA :roll:

Also, samurai armour, on a spaceship, in FO universe. Now what's left is to add magic, and the lack of logic in the game will reach a critical mass.

6. Puuk

Puuk It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 26, 2003
    Thanks! I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, that's for sure. I don't have to sell my house and move and they're paying me rather well. And yes, I would love to work on an old-school style RPG, but they are very few and far between in this day and age. But I'm looking forward to this project (I love comic book super-hero madness) and seeing what I can get away with using the tools and such. I know a lot of the folks working on DCUO, and they're a good bunch of folks.

7. Verd1234

Verd1234 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jan 16, 2009
    The Fallout series never jumped the shark. It grew wings and flew right over the shark into space...

8. Lichbane

Lichbane First time out of the vault

Oct 20, 2008
    I enjoyed the old Fallout games ( ... that BoS game not included). I even enjoyed Fallout 3 ...

... but even I'm shaking my head in disbelief at this one.

9. TamaNeko

TamaNeko It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 8, 2003
    Relax, just consider this the "Guardian of Forever" F2 quest equivalent for Fallout 3, it's all for lighthearted fun.

10. EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 21, 2008
    I hope the next dlc adds more beards.

11. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    There are already magical items in the game. It's a good start!

12. Eternal

Eternal Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2008
    Ever notice how you never see these two people together?

Todd Howard and Michael Bay.

HMMMMMMMMM......

13. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    One is the other's super hero alter ego?

14. Quaid

Quaid Give dese people air!!

May 10, 2005
    Which one is the super hero??

15. Meh

Meh It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 1, 2007
    It's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing, with just between two Mr. Hydes.

16. mountaingoat

mountaingoat First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2008
    Thanx Quaid, glad to share my thoughts. I concur with yours,also. :D

The truth is, I stopped caring about FO3 a long time ago, especially after what I believe is the stupidest ending done for a video game ever ( not the fact that it ends, but the way).
    I felt like the developers underrated my intelligence and I keep on feeling the same ever since .

Their unbearable lightness of writing and developing has left me in....awe. :wall:

New Vegas might be a chance for atonement and the comeback of the old spirit.
    At least in writing, dialogue, character development and C&C.
    I do hope and pray for no samurai armor, or Sims like retro-future decorations and a spaceship that can be used eventually as a homebase.

Cheers!!

Or better was abducted by aliens with an antigravity beam and Lost in Space.

17. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    You know what's really sad? I thought the armor was a joke. I seriously went "Oh har har guys, Samurai Armor. Horse armor joke." I wish it was a joke.

18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    That was my first idea but I thought the super hero one was funnier.

19. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Which, in Fallout 3, is a life-threatining situation. To the power armor user, of course.

What more can I say? It has been already repeated over and over that this DLC simply does not fit to the Fallout world, though I guess it does fit Fallout 3 style. Think about it - when the visuals and overpowered weapons are the strongest points of your game, you'd rather make visually-stunning location with disintegrating weapons, than another burned-out, desolated desert with some lame NPC and poor dialogue.

20. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Fallout 3 has a desert? I thought it was just a boring hilly/mountainous area with zero flat bits.

Flat bits are not awsum.