New Energy weapons

Sublime

Still Mildly Glowing
While melee and regular weapons have a large pool of real world equivalents to take from, that's not the same for Energy weapons, which obviously require more imagination. So let's see if we can come up with something new and interesting.

Already existing types of weapons:

Plasma

- pistol, rifle, caster, defender
- Incinerator, flamethrower

Electromagnetic wave:
- laser pistol, rifle, gatling,
- Gamma gun
- Gauss rifle
- auto-charging laser rifle and pistol
- Solar Scorcher
- Euclid C finder
- holorifle

Electric:
- tesla beaton and rifle

Sonic
- Sonic weapons variants

Bioweapon (?)
- Syringer

I think there could be space in the bio and sonic categories to develop more weapons. Chemical too, since they haven't been really explored. Gravity also hasn't been fiddled with.

Interesting topic, but I wouldn't count biological weapons as energy weapons at all. Some sort of syringe gun or something like that wouldn't really fall under any of the fallout weapon categories but is certainly closer to a regular firearm than a laser gun. In Fallout new vegas the Gauss rifle is considered an energy weapon, in Fallout 2 it is considered a 'small gun'. I personally prefer calling it an energy weapon. Although it actually doesn't fire any sort of laser like you categorized it to be. The gauss rifle actually magnetizes a standard bullet and fires it at a high speed like a railgun. I wouldn't mind seeing a weapon similar to the Fallout 3 Mesmetron which had the capacity to frenzy enemies, calm them, or make them your ally - not unlike illusion spells in the Elder Scrolls games.

Interesting topic, but I wouldn't count biological weapons as energy weapons at all. Some sort of syringe gun or something like that wouldn't really fall under any of the fallout weapon categories but is certainly closer to a regular firearm than a laser gun. In Fallout new vegas the Gauss rifle is considered an energy weapon, in Fallout 2 it is considered a 'small gun'. I personally prefer calling it an energy weapon. Although it actually doesn't fire any sort of laser like you categorized it to be. The gauss rifle actually magnetizes a standard bullet and fires it at a high speed like a railgun. I wouldn't mind seeing a weapon similar to the Fallout 3 Mesmetron which had the capacity to frenzy enemies, calm them, or make them your ally - not unlike illusion spells in the Elder Scrolls games.
Yes, you are correct. Let's call them Energy-Sci fi weapons to encompass all.

A couple of ideas I had:

- Gene gun/degenerator: inoculates DNA altering viruses causing immediate tissue degeneration;
- Acid grenades and Acid thrower
- Poisonous gas thrower and poison grenades (could also cause allucinations making enemies go into a frenzy)

Weapons that shoot subatomic particles or different forms of electromagnetic radiation would be nice to add some variety. Why can’t we have Microwave Guns or Gamma Ray Launchers or Neutrino Blasters or Meson Cannons?

Weapons that shoot subatomic particles or different forms of electromagnetic radiation would be nice to add some variety. Why can’t we have Microwave Guns or Gamma Ray Launchers or Neutrino Blasters or Meson Cannons?
Agreed. I wonder if @Harkness could give us some juicy sciency stuff to weaponize

If they do a shrink ray it will crash their entire engine. I am somewhat joking but I tried to mod tiny people in for that and it was a hassle.

Some of our older model weapons have been declassified and redacted from Top Secret files: Tunguska.

Sonic Cannon Heavy Weapon : A very effective weapon but quite cumbersome and required HW 90 EW 90 and STE 7.

Close Range Defibrillator : 25 hex medical aid to revive fallen comrades. Too costly to maintain. EW 60 Medic 50.

Mind Strapper: AOE Mid Range psychosomatic distributer. Deadly but LOS proved problematic could cause friendly fire. INT 8 MW

Thermal Lance: Melee weapon. Fantastic when used with gas powered heat exchanger nicknamed Mr Freeze Melee 6 EW 5 STE 5

Heat Exchanger Draws body heat away from target releasing cold slaw effect. Energy expensive. Science 75 Perk Mr Freeze

PP47 Pistol : Fired photons causing, Blind. Max magazine size 5. Recharge to long but dual wielders love this weapon. SG 100 EW70

SEMEN Strobe Emitting Molecular Energy Nullifier: Technology now old, stolen for disco bots. Sent waves of strobe lighting to incapacitate organic foes. Visors must be worn. Useless against Mechs. This weapon is not totally defunct !!!! A new model is ready
for production.

To purchase any used, second hand weapons contact through. Dark Web Used Weapons @,,,L..O

The SEMEN gun is probably the best idea you have ever posted.

Microwave guns /Robdes gun / EMP Projector.

We see weapons like these blasting drones out of the sky today. Having a gun that is specifically well-designed against heavy machinery and robots could be an idea. If it wasn't already done in Fallout Tactics (the Reavers had something to that affect IIRC), something bigger and bulkier and with a definite prototype look to it could be fun.

Microwave guns /Robdes gun / EMP Projector.

We see weapons like these blasting drones out of the sky today. Having a gun that is specifically well-designed against heavy machinery and robots could be an idea. If it wasn't already done in Fallout Tactics (the Reavers had something to that affect IIRC), something bigger and bulkier and with a definite prototype look to it could be fun.
Yes, but it would probably require an endgame with a lot of bots like in Wasteland 2

Only if you want the gun to replace all other guns in the game, instead of a specific tool that you can get (maybe as a side mission) against a specific enemy. Like how in F2 you don't use the same guns when you deal with super mutants, aliens, floaters, and mercenaries even though they are all pretty high end enemies.

Unless you have the Gauss Rifle, I guess.

Maybe a microwave rad semen gun that makes the semen real hot and it mutates into monster semen that bite you like off Stranger Wrath.

The AC/DC shotgun throws out charged participles that turn creatures gay. They then try to fuck each other up the poop shoot. This takes them out of harms way as they make a chain.

I like lightning guns because they look like they would just shock the person shooting it.

The person shooting it wears a rubber suit made from Jimmies hat. Upgraded with Tesla tubes lightning guns are deadly if fired into deep piss puddles.

Back