New Krai Mira demo

Per

Vault Consort
Staff member
Admin
Remember Krai Mira, the Russian MMORPG we newsposted on back in 2008 and 2009? Developers Tall Tech Studio Limited have recently been releasing some iterations of a demo for this "post-apocalyptic survival game" and you can also check out some sweet Fallouty arts if you didn't see them before.

We found a spare room no one was using so we have a Krai Mira hosted forum now. You can go there and tell them stuff like just how Fallouty their arts are.

Krai Mira demo has better gameplay, than Wasteland 2 beta and more fun! Krai Mira has better graphics, better music, better fonts, better menu design. Look at all that beautiful rendered inventory items, like in Fallout! Too bad there is no single-player. :(

Oh and the simple combat system is easily better than Wasteland 2's.

So why has Krai Mira succeeded where Wasteland 2 has failed? One thing about the models though - I wish they wouldn't just use the 'same looking' textures, it makes the models look flat and unappealing. Tactics used the same approach, and the art suffered as well, while the original Fallout art had its own beautiful exaggerated "comic" feel. But Krai Mira isn't Fallout. That's my 2 cents.

ciju.png

Krai Mira demo has better gameplay, than Wasteland 2 beta and more fun! Krai Mira has better graphics, better music, better fonts, better menu design. Look at all that beautiful rendered inventory items, like in Fallout! Too bad there is no single-player. :(

It might be so , but I am going to play Wasteland2 not Krai Mira. It looks like a great game for those who enjoyed FOnline, but it is not the RPG fix that I need. (I have been here for a long time and seen many attempts to capture fallout feel, all of them focusing on graphics and mechanics, but content(quality writing of lore settings, quests/dialogues, companions etc) which is a prerequisite for me, otherwise its just button musher.

Last edited:

lol. Are you sure a 90 megabyte demo is better than the 12 gigabyte fully featured Wasteland 2 beta?

What has quantity to do with quality?

agreed for the better graphics, but for the rest, no. really, no. also, any lore?
i'm still having more fun with fo2238.

Back