NFL 2011

No kidding. I really don't want to flirt with making the playoffs while having a defense which can't make it's mind up on whether they want to cover wide receivers or not.

:roll:

Also: Bills and Lions, eh? Nice to see. First time in 31 years the Lions have been 3-0. Jesus. All last year I was rooting for them silently but damn...now I gotta hope they get burned!

SimpleMinded said:
I'm putting Cimm on suicide watch after that Pats game.
Nah, that was an immensely fun game to watch, I was kind of rooting for the Bills. It's hard not to like Buffalo. Brady's allowed to be mortal and have one of those 4 INT games once in a while. And the defense has been giving up huge leads like this since that abominable 2005 AFCC. You're not going to beat anyone if you throw 4 INTs and give up a 34-spot. They threw it away.
I've never seen Welker play so well as he has already this year. He's usually not this great at YAC and scoring TDs. Impressive. Maybe just bad tackling. W/o a deep threat I'm suprised Buff would give them Welker all day, but it didn't matter anyway.

Brother None said:
Bills kicked ass and took names.

Man the early games were awesome, and each and every one so close. Texans-Saints and Bills-Patriots kicked ass.

I hope defenses are finally catching up. This inflated passing was getting old.

Thanks for the link to that site, I'll probably use that for all of my stat tracking.

MNF tonight should be exciting, the opportunity to have a 2 game advantage on Philadelphia and Dallas by week 3 is rare. Let up too many YPC to the Cards last week so hopefully Dallas' poor running game stays that way.

Vikings call-in radio was priceless again this week. They need to change the name of the show to The Finger of Blame. Benching McNabb and poor halftime adjustments were the most common topics.

UniversalWolf said:
Vikings call-in radio was priceless again this week. They need to change the name of the show to The Finger of Blame. Benching McNabb and poor halftime adjustments were the most common topics.
I don't know what kind of halftime adjustments they're making in Minnesota, because this is just disastrous. How this is McNabb's fault is beyond me, though.

You know what surprises me? That we really haven't heard anyone anywhere say that Ponder is ready. I mean, I think he's still third string behind Webb. That's pretty damn horrible for a first-round pick right now. And it's not like he was a raw talent - if anything, he was supposed to be relatively pro-ready but somewhat limited in tools.

Webb's pretty good though.

And the Vikes are just too old to play a full game of football. If only we could cut the playtime in half, the grampas could keep up.

I'm so sadface right now. Miami's looked like shit. Why do you not score more points when you are winning?!

I don't think Luck is too likely for the Hawks, you have to be pretty damn bad to get him and the Chiefs and Colts definitely look worse than the Seahawks, especially factoring in schedule.

Why would you hate it? The Seahawks are very well setup to support a young QB, with a young but talented Oline and a deep receiving group, and we've never had an elite QB before, so we're due.

Brother None said:
the whole "NFL protects its golden boys" nonsense.
It's not nonsense when you look at how things like cut blocks are legal on defensive players or how 'defenselessness' only applies to offensive players. NFL defensive players have been getting successively screwed more and more by the rules.

Some animals are more equal than others in the NFL, and that's a fact.

Vick's problem is his O-line sucks and in the pocket or not, he's too small to subject his body to that punishment. Roethlisberger plays a similar style, takes brutal hits and plays through it, but he's a big, tough SOB.

ManWithNoName said:
So, who else would hate to see Andrew Luck in seahawk colors?

you mean besides andrew luck?

edit: somebody post so I can post again, plz

I can't believe everyone is hating Cutler in the media. In Denver, coupled with B.Marshall everything was hunky dorey. Now that Cutler has got used to the terrible Bears Oline, only thing he can do is lobby for oline talent. I think dude is spectacular when surrounded by a good supporting cast.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Brother None said:
the whole "NFL protects its golden boys" nonsense.
It's not nonsense when you look at how things like cut blocks are legal on defensive players or how 'defenselessness' only applies to offensive players. NFL defensive players have been getting successively screwed more and more by the rules.

Some animals are more equal than others in the NFL, and that's a fact.

Vick's problem is his O-line sucks and in the pocket or not, he's too small to subject his body to that punishment. Roethlisberger plays a similar style, takes brutal hits and plays through it, but he's a big, tough SOB.

I'll start crying for vick when the d-line is drowning him or electrocuting him.

ps

cutler+n is a knucklehead b word.
everywhere he goes it's somebody else's fault.

he could have brady's line and he'd still be throwing picks in the endzone.

Back