NMA Fantasy Football 2011: Can You Feel That Hybrid Rainbow

Well, the reason is that soccer doesn't statistically track well, and for that reason fantasy soccer leagues (I've only played on ever, to be honest) kinda suck.

Fantasy soccer sucks because soccer sucks.

I'm going to win the fantasy football season this year, prepare for the dammit domination.

Brother None said:
Well, the reason is that soccer doesn't statistically track well, and for that reason fantasy soccer leagues (I've only played on ever, to be honest) kinda suck.
I always wondered about that. Doesn't seem like a fantasy-friendly game.

SimpleMinded said:
I'm pretty sure we have this conversation on "fantasy soccer" every year in the fantasy football thread.

Do we? I must not have been paying attention.

I know every year someone comes in thinking it's soccer.

So we're at 8 teams without UDub. We just need one more guy. Ideas? Anyone got friends to invite or something?

I'm pushing the draft time back to Sunday the 4th.

WE NEED ONE MORE TEAM, anyone got any bright ideas?

How about Daimyo? I don't think he knows much about the NFL, but I remember he said his father-in-law is a big NY Giants fan. You could sell it to him on the grounds of learning the game and giving him conversation material.

Looks like eom's joining, great! Hopefully he'll also post a bit on NMA again

I'm leaving most of the rules intact since they worked out well enough last year, but Yahoo! added a lot of nice DEF team rules, so I've fiddled around with those.

Current rules:

Defense/Special Teams
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 4
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 6
Points Allowed 7-13 points 3
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4
4th Down Stops 2
Tackles for Loss 1
Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 10
Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 6
Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 4
Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 1
Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -2
Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -4
Three and Outs Forced .25

Old rules:
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 5
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

The net results are about the same, the best defense scores 12-13 points a game, average DEF should score about 7-8. I could up negative yards allowed to, like, 500 since that'd be a thing to see.

Yeah, hope it's ok with everyone. Rescheduling again would probably start to piss people off. Let me know if the time is ok with everyone too.

Unpossibles.

eom suggests we might want to put in an extra roster spot, maybe a W/R/T flex guy, since we have only 10 teams. I think this set-up worked well last year though, it just means your team is pretty deep.

lolz I suggest 5 extra roster spots.

I kind of like the weekend waivers, though -- like to see how that plays out.
db must be peeing himself about that one.

Mang we're not putting in 5 roster spots.

Anyway, it's worked ok so far with this many spots and 10 teams. It just means teams are a lot more talent-rich than Asshats teams, and it's not even that hugely noticeable since you mostly get the same level of starters.

Back