No movies and no pip boy

MisterCrit

First time out of the vault
When I play the RP, I have never gotten the pip boy after completing the Temple of Trials... here's what I wrote in an email that bounced:

I am writing to you in hopes that you will be able to lend me some advice about this problem: Whenever I install the Fallout 2 Restoration Project, or perhaps it has to do with installing sfall, I don't see the Elder speech movie at the beginning of the game, and my character does not acquire the Pip Boy after completing the Temple of Trials. So far, I have only found one thread that discussed this topic, but there was no solution for it.

I noticed that the RP v2.1.2b includes sfall, but it includes version 2.12 which is not the most current one... After installing RP v2.1.2b, I was getting the alert dialogs for "Unable to open f2_res.ini" and "Unable to open panels.ini", which seemed to clear up after I replaced ddraw.dll with the version from sfall v2.16... Comments on this aspect are welcome, but I'm more concerned about the pip boy issue.

I am using a batch file that taskkills explorer.exe before it runs fallout... I have a Dell XPS-15 (L502X) running Windows 7 64-bit.

Any tips you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

I don't know much about mechanics, but that happens if you flag something you shouldn't read-only, or at least, it happened to me like that. Reinstalling might be a good idea.

DForge said:
I don't know much about mechanics, but that happens if you flag something you shouldn't read-only, or at least, it happened to me like that. Reinstalling might be a good idea.

Yeah... I figured it out. Since I had found hardly any others with this problem, I suspected it was something I did wrong. I think that a major contributor to this problem was my batch file. To call the game, I had a line like
Code:
C:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2\fallout2.exe
, but I added a line
Code:
cd C:\Games\BlackIsle\Fallout2
just before that, and that fixed all the sfall errors and probably the pip boy problem also.

:mrgreen:

Back