No Mutants Allowed front-page redesign

I really like the layout tweaks. I don't like the design though - the palette looks uninspired and very F3ish with that vault suit blue and yellow combination. Old brown and dark green had a lot more personality and reference to the old games, IMO.

Also don't like the triangles under main nav.

EDIT: Wooz and Mon, don't hate me now.

I like it. Nice, clean and Fresh. Perhaps work needs to be done on the BG, but I love the new fonts and color scheme.

My critiques:
  • Header should pop more
  • triangleRow looks a bit funky, I'm not a fan of it as the divider. I assume it is supposed to show users that the items are drop down menus?
  • Design of menuRow and triangleRow seems out of place with the rest of the page. Might be color scheme, font, or something else
  • I can't decide whether I want the stuff in the left column (col2) to have some more visible divider/contrast from the news column (col1) or not...
It sounds like a lot of complaining but I really like the change, it's a great improvement. Keep up the great work!

The new design is shit, ugly, disgusting.

Marcus is your fucking mascot for chrissakes.

I cannot access the gallery pictures by clickin' on them.

The white color is downright ugly.

I think Bethesda would have done a better homepage design and that should say something.

TorontRayne said:
I do think Marcus is the unofficial mascot of NMA....

Because he wasn't allowed in here?! KINDA PARADOXICAL!

We'll do much more with the top banner later on. Right now, there's a kind of bare and sleek aesthetic that marks the change.

I think the links in the text of posts are harder to see too with the new design. Maybe it's just me. The dark red against black is tough to see.

Dark red against black? It's supposed to be dark red/brown against white-beige-ish.

Screenshot?

Top nav works when javascript is turned off, that's awesome. Looks awesome too.

Works well on windows phone. In portrait the top and side nav links a little small(why there is a zoom function). Landscape work prefect. Like really good.

Maybe the 'No Mutants Allowed' logo can link back to the front page. That's just how other sites do it.

Galleria breaks when javascript is turned off(dur) so you have the 10 thumbnails pushing latest headlines way down.

Maybe swap latest images and latest headlines in side nav would be my stupid suggestion.

<s>Broken link: Main nav: Modding: FOT mod.</s> Fixed.
Code:
[*][url="Setting it all up [*]<a href="]FOT Mod[/url]

Galleria link problem(missing '=')(and kharn says wrong link)(edit: changed the last '>' to ')' because the forum hates broken a tags in code boxes):

Code:
(div id="galleria")<div><a href"http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_mod/upload/9ffebe69e842d7d980f1ba44423213d7.jpg">

It's a nice, clean design - although I can't say I'm a fan of the picture-less logo. The top of the page seems a bit emptier now without Marcus staring back at me.

I like the new layout, but the white background should be reconsidered. It just seems a little too "clean". I'm sure I'll get over it, though.

Thanks for all your hard work Wooz, monsharen, Odin, and korindabar!

Kilus said:
Galleria link problem(missing '=')(and kharn says wrong link)(edit: changed the last '>' to ')' because the forum hates broken a tags in code boxes):

Code:
(div id="galleria")<div><a href"http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_mod/upload/9ffebe69e842d7d980f1ba44423213d7.jpg")
The ) actually doesnt exist in the data I pull out from the database, it seems galleria does this somewhere. I also had to change it after adding the =. seems that didnt quite sit well with galleria. Also I havent fiddled with galleria that much so I have no clue if "links" are enabled or not (or if you need to enable them).

Thanks for the links Kilus, good fun going down memory lane. I still remember the reactions when I added the lighter design earlier on.

NovaRain said:
Don't know if it's just me, but the "features" section seems empty.
Fixed

To me, the new layout is 100 000 times better than the old one. Good work!
I won't cry if Marcus returns to his usual spot though :aiee:

Odin said:
Kilus said:

Code:
(div id="galleria")<div><a href"http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_mod/upload/9ffebe69e842d7d980f1ba44423213d7.jpg")
The ) actually doesnt exist in the data I pull out from the database, it seems galleria does this somewhere. I also had to change it after adding the =. seems that didnt quite sit well with galleria. Also I havent fiddled with galleria that much so I have no clue if "links" are enabled or not (or if you need to enable them).

I changed to the ')' in my post because the forum eats incorrect a tags even in code boxes.

It's great, congrats to the people responsible for this great work BUT....

...needs more Marcus. Urgently.

Back