Ohh Vista SP1 Issues

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Maphusio, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    Yep, I've encountered my first real Vista Issue... Networking seems to be, broken, I can't release and renew from the command window... I can't see other computers on the network. I found someone else had the exact same issue. I even find many other forums where people convey similar problems in a slightly less technical format.

I've pasted below my issue.... any thoughts? (Oh and dear god I don't want to hear the "Vista sucks" bullshit. Lets think constructively eh?)

2. Jesus, my Laptop has Vista Basic and it has the same fucking issue. It likes to work only after Vista has been online for atleast 4 hours at a time, or when someone else on the network is using the modem. Though, my connection is wireless so the errors do not mark themselves as network and IP errors, and more that the "Modem is not there". Vista has the most retarded security software I have encountered in a Microsoft product.

3. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    i believe you have to set it up as a local intranet for it to work, you cant just set it up as seeing each other on a the network.

4. Duckman

Duckman Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 18, 2005
    Just a tad off topic, where can you get Vista SP1? I need it baaaaad!

5. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    What you need is a downgrade. Or at least linux.

6. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    Yes yes, I know. I have already been through this with a friend of mine. I'm willing to stick to Vista, it ain't all that bad really...

7. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    Just messing you bro ;)

If you consider it tolerable, then it's your choice.

8. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    You might want to hold off but... You should receive it as part of Windows Update as I did.

Note: I am running Ultimate 64, things may be different for me.

Someone suggested that I uninstall the network driver then re-install it... So simplistic, it just might work. I'll give that a try.

TheWesDude. I'm not sure what your trying to say?

9. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    Yeah, I know :P But I can tolerate it, and hope to hell it gets better in future SP's. Oh please God make it better!

Hmm, OK then. I haven't had an automatic update for a week or so now, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

10. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    you have to set it up as a local intranet.

and for the sites, i believe ALL computers must have the same domain/workgroup name, and for the list of sites you have to put:

192.168.1.*

and clear the check box for automatically detect intranet.

11. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    TheWesDude... I think you are confused as to what my problem is. Let me clear that up for you...

12. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    Well so more fun with SP1. I attempted to remove the network drivers and install them again... Jokes on me, as far as vista is concerned. The uninstall feature is a placebo effect... I uninstalled both NIC cards and was still on-line even after a reboot....

13. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    You play Freelancer!! :) Good on ya, bro.

Sorry .... off topic

14. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    hah I only wish there were a sequel as well done as that. EVE I think is as close as it gets... and I only hear this from folk, I have not played. Xfactor was OK, but not great.

Well back on topic, I'm uninstalling SP1... *crosses fingers*

15. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007

I demand to know what you're hiding in that folder!

What is it?

Russian nuclear missile codes?

Nazi Gold?

Pictures of your secret life as a hobo/transvestite/secret agent?

SPILL THE BEANS!

16. Stag

Stag Guest

That's his user name, unless he assigns random folders that icon.

17. Maphusio

Sep 25, 2004
    Penny for the smart -not lady. Although, I'm sure somewhere deep down in that folder is some interesting information... It's the sum of all of "My documents" over the past 7 years or so.

18. golfmade

golfmade It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 9, 2008
    To echo Josan12:

You play Freelancer!

Damn fun game.

Hope you get your problems in Vista worked out.