Omegabeast and Goliath

Abs

First time out of the vault
Just been testing these sprites out, but the entities won't walk/move at all.

I am wondering whether this is because they don't have walking animations or if it's because I'm doing something wrong. The Deathclaw sprites function fine enough, but these two just wont move.

I set the omegabeast to unique humanoid with the number "One" attack animation, and gave the goliath a minigun, both of which function if you get close, they just don't move, which is unfortunate.

Just want to know if that was intended or if I'm missing something. Thanks in advance.

I used the goliath sprite in my campaign Children of the Apocalypse 2 and I had to make sure the entity is overencumbered, then it moved. I was unable to make the omegabeast work, though I don't remember if the problem was walking or if it was unable to attack at range. Now that I think about it, maybe I didn't try to load the shit of the omegabeast as I did with the goliath, so you try that, maybe it will work.

It might be a problem with the sprite itself (.spr). In the StandWalk and StandRun sequences, you need to actually set in "Sequence Frames" (Sprite Creator) both a "step left" and "step right" with a value (0.15 I think is the regular value for walking, 0.6 to 1.0 is more for running). So this way the entity will walk and run properly. I remember coming across some sprites with missing "step left" and "step right" values a while back.

I used the goliath sprite in my campaign Children of the Apocalypse 2 and I had to make sure the entity is overencumbered, then it moved. I was unable to make the omegabeast work, though I don't remember if the problem was walking or if it was unable to attack at range. Now that I think about it, maybe I didn't try to load the shit of the omegabeast as I did with the goliath, so you try that, maybe it will work.

Interesting, I will give that a try. The omegabeast can attack, in that it has one attack animation, which can be used for a "throwing" spit weapon or hth attack that functions fine. It just wont walk or run, so I presume there's just some small error in the way. I will do a bit more testing later, thanks.

Last edited:
It might be a problem with the sprite itself (.spr). In the StandWalk and StandRun sequences, you need to actually set in "Sequence Frames" (Sprite Creator) both a "step left" and "step right" with a value (0.15 I think is the regular value for walking, 0.6 to 1.0 is more for running). So this way the entity will walk and run properly. I remember coming across some sprites with missing "step left" and "step right" values a while back.

I don't even know where to start with the sprite editor, but I may look into that later also.

A bit off topic, but considering you helped me earlier;

Once I got the Fallout Tactics Improver working, I realised I had a lot more entity making/editing work to do than I first realised (Awaken is a mess to fix up), so I'm currently in the process of rebuilding a lot of things (I've already remade separate versions of all guns, ammos, armors, items etc, including new ones, and I'm about halfway through actors at the moment).

Once I'm done there I can get back to finishing off quests and building some more new (or moreso edited) maps along with new story lines.

So I'm still a ways off any kind of release, but I'm hacking away at it as best I can in my spare time, and really appreciate the help you and others have provided so far.

This method works! For both of them too. I presume it has something to do with them having walk animations but not run animations?

In any case, for the omegabeast I set its carry weight to 15 and gave it a 16 pound droppable item for testing purposes and it worked fine.

Thanks for letting me know about your success there.

Great work there! I think it will greatly enhance the mod and brings me to give it another shot of course :D

Back