Out of energy ammo + I have to fight Super Mutants

Prosper

Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
I already bought all the energy ammo from the Supply store in Megaton and used it all up.

So where can I get more energy ammo?

I am currently trying to find the family and already killed 2 supermutants.

thedarkhorse said:
I remember finding some in the super duper mart if you haven't hit that up yet.

yeah i got the gun itself from there.

All i have now is bottlecap mines...

Ok the lady replenished her stock of energy ammo. yay! so it seems it is only a matter of time before she gets new ammo. so i recommend sleeping .

Prosper said:
Ok the lady replenished her stock of energy ammo. yay! so it seems it is only a matter of time before she gets new ammo. so i recommend sleeping .

How long does it take her to replenish the stock?

Where the "vampires" are, they have what seems to be a lot for sale. Haven't used Energy weapons so I don't know how far it'll go.

The hunting rifle actually does good damage to the super mutants if you dont use Vats, weird I know. Just aim for the head zoomed and you cant take them out in 3 or 4 shots

[spoiler:3382ab1bda]

Best Weapons against Super Mutants, Super Mutant Brutes and the insane big super mutants is the combat shotgun. you get it early and you dont need big guns skill

Places where i get my Ammo:

1. Megaton
2. Commons (North East)
3. Fort Blablabla (South South West of Megaton) you can trade sensor moduls and stuff for Ammo, Rad-X, Stims etc.
4. Rivet City

I am a 10mm Submachine Gun, Combat Shotgun and Chinese Assaultrifle Fan. I also use sometimes the Plasmarifle from Rivet City.

Good thing is that i use 4 different types of ammo. I also recommend going to all unkown spots cause you find there a shitload of ammo. Also use Melee Weapons for animals or unarmed raiders - even with a low hand-to-hand skill you do a lot of damage with a sledgehammer or a power fist.

[/spoiler:3382ab1bda]

I'm pretty sure I got a heap of Energy Cells in [spoiler:a70200d414]Falls Church Metro, Arlington Memorial and the surrounding buildings by destroying Protectron robots inside them.[/spoiler:a70200d414]

In sewers some energy rounds. Also any tips on taking down brutes or Super mutant masters, i think they are called, not behemoths, but masters. Masters look similar to brutes, last time i played the game one killed me in Museum of science and saw one outside that museum too. Maybe i need to carry around a rocket launcher or flamer instead of minigun?

And i guess while we are at it any hints on taking down the behemoths not using the Fat Man, I shamefully had to use it on the first one i ran into because of an awkward save spot and he kept killing dogmeat. I am also playing on hard.

The Super Mutant Masters are not really hard, just very very resilient. Just make sure you have lots and lots of ammo. Abuse the AI and V.A.T.S. if you really have trouble : hide behind a corner, wait for your APs to recharge, then take one step out, engage V.A.T.S., unload your weapon, go back behind cover, rince and repeat. It may take a while, but you won't get hit once.

Lincoln's Repeater, found in the Museum of History, makes short work of them, just make sure to stock a lot of .44 ammo.

Two words: Headshot, Boom. It's cliche but true, crit on mutie head and they're down in one or two. Scoped .44 mag will one-shot them in fps mode, 2-shot in VATS mode (weird). Hunting rifle and sniper rifle work pretty well too. Brutes have like a brazillion % DR, I dunno if there is any easy way to take them out besides pray for a crit.

The problem I found with combat shotgun is that those muties have miniguns and rocket launchers that just tear me up on the way to shotgun-range. I prefer the stealth headshot from 3 hills over, 3 flights up.

consider this....
plasma rifle = your primary sniper rifle
chinese AK/combat shotgun = your primary weapons

also...invest in repair skill to 100 ASAP....and yes, the chinese AK is the best weapon in the game (50 dmg at full repair) and no im not full of shit :P

RBurns722 said:
consider this....
plasma rifle = your primary sniper rifle
chinese AK/combat shotgun = your primary weapons

also...invest in repair skill to 100 ASAP....and yes, the chinese AK is the best weapon in the game (50 dmg at full repair) and no im not full of shit :P

Problem is, you don't find any plasma rifle until very late in the main quest, but it is very handy against heavily armored opponents.

I think the damage stats for automatic weapons is a bit off. As I observed, the chinese AK doesn't actually do 50 damage per hit, but per chunk of 4-5 bullets. Combat shotgun has some sort of area effect that makes it do MUCH more than it's rated damage at point-blank.

Honestly, I have yet to find a better weapon than Lincoln's Repeater. Maintenance is easy as you can repair it with plain old Hunting Rifles, it has good range and seems to hit critically more often than other weapons. Only problem is the low amount of .44 ammo.

i have every weapon in the game....almost, but i have yet to find something better than the chinese AK....and im not just talking in effect of damage....conveinence is a big factor....considering almost every enclave patrol you run into will give you goods to exchange at fort independence for ammo....the ammo is in almost every shop....later in the game the chinese AK appears in the shops often enough to get it to full always...the combat shotgun is amazing at close quarters and theres nothing in the game ive found better to take out sentry bots and the such with since they seem to have like a 99% plasma resistence....the a32 rifle is *probably* the best weapon in the game but its only really effective against humanoid targets, not to mention the repair costs are insane and to use plasma rifles to repair it is stupid when you can exchange each for 192 rounds of 5.56mm ammo...oh and the combat shotgun is well aparently made by kids because it breaks in like 10 minutes of hunting...

edit: and you do find a plasma rifle early, you just have to figure out where ;-) and the android quest does come in pretty early so you can get the a32 after like 5 hours in or so, unless your playing on VH difficulty then getting the proof might be complicated

edit: and you do find a plasma rifle early, you just have to figure out where ;-) and the android quest does come in pretty early so you can get the a32 after like 5 hours in or so, unless your playing on VH difficulty then getting the proof might be complicated
Figuring out where it is may prove tough considering there is no clue :). I admit I did almost no exploration outside of a few sidequests here and there and mainly focused on the main quest. I'm sure it's available somewhere (in a vault maybe ? or the military base ?).
Getting the A3-21's Plasma Rifle requires access to Rivet City, after the Museum of Technology part and many Super Mutant fights if you're following the standard path.

My Chinese Assault Rifle doesn't seem to do as good as yours, it takes 100 more rounds to down a single ennemy whereas 4 to 5 plasma shots do the job just as well. But then again my small guns skill is only at 75 while my energy guns is capped at 100, this may explain the difference.

you can swim to rivet city without taking much damage ;-)

and for the AK to really shine you need 100 repair skill and a steady stream of them to keep it at 50dmg (98% condition)
small guns at 100 helps too :P

but im currently on both characters maxed out at lvl 20 with action boy, sniper, and grim reapers spirit.....with about 5000 rounds of 5.56

those perks also help out much

Check out the robotics facility or whatever its called, lots of ammo for energy weapons, and I mean LOTS of ammo! :)

Hunt for Protectron's. They use energy weapons, so they are all loaded up with it.

Are people seriously having problems finding ammo for weapons? The only one I don't usually find a lot of ammo for is the 44 magnum. All my other weapons (which, in order of usefulness are; combat shotgun, assault rifle, hunting rifle, and 10mm) have a steady 400 count in the ammo, as it's easy to come by. So are caps, since basically everything is sellable. My favorite thing to do, with a high repair skill, is to grab up all the raider armor or whatever other armor of what you are killing, combine them all together through repair, and then turn around and sell them. You don't lose any money by combining them, and it cuts down on weight. Rivet City is a good place to buy ammo, so is Moira Brown - these places restock their shelves every few in-game days or so, so check back with them. Also if your lockpick is high enough, the armory in Megaton has some nice stuff.

Back