Overseer? (very beginning)

pmurp2ad

First time out of the vault
Is there any way to leave the vault at the beginning without killing the overseer? I haven't figured any out yet, but I may just not be that bright...

Thanks!

What exactly do you mean? You want to get into the office without being noticed? Or you have problem with computer password? Please, be more precise.

If the former: try to sneak past the room where he interrogates his annoying daughter. Overseer and guard will not see you if you crouch behing glass windows. Simply proceed to his office after that.

If the latter: search nearby lab/office/provate quarters, there is some help to be found.
[Sad thing is that password to this damn computer is so annoyingly predictable...]

PS: Some fun is when one opens secret tunnel but then decides to go back to the room where girl is interroagted... It's fun to check a few possibilties at the end of the tutorial and see how game is rather unprepared for PC who likes to rethink stuff or go back a little.

erm....how is it that difficult...the girl gave you a gun...walk into the room while shes being interrogated....go into vats pop 2 or 3 shots into the security officer guy and then just talk to the overseer...he doesnt get violent unless you shoot him first....

after that you talk to him and deescalate the situiation, go to his office and hack the computer...

I found away to leave without killing anything except radroaches. Just steal the stuff you need from the overseer. If your stealth is high enough, you can just inch foward till you get the pickpocket option. The girl actually becomes upset if you do this, since you didn't help her stop being beaten. (wierd thing though, they said they were hitting her, but i never saw the club make contact, he kind of just stopped like he was threatening, but she would scream like she was being struck.)

thats a hidden easter egg, its a comparison to the anticipation we all faced waiting for this game!

pmurp2ad said:
Is there any way to leave the vault at the beginning without killing the overseer? I haven't figured any out yet, but I may just not be that bright...

Thanks!

Of course, just leave him alone even when he starts calling for help. You can [spoiler:07ca82d193]hack his terminal and open his safe[/spoiler:07ca82d193] to open the door leading to the Vault entrance without laying a finger on him. Besides, I'm pretty sure Amata would probably kill herself if you murdered her father. LOL.

hmmm..that sounds like a solid experiment for a new ending....theres hundreds of ending possibilities...mabye thats one of em, lol

I shot butch, shot Overseer, and went on to become Paladin of the Wastes by finding 100 or so scrap metal and giving them gratis to Megaton's drunk engineer. Who cares?

This game can't hold a candle to FO1 or 2.

I was curious to see what amata would say if I went back there after a bit. (I killed her dad).

Couldn't get the door to open, couldn't get in through the mine in the school, so I noclipped through the door, and all of the npc's are gone.

Back