Pentiment

maximaz

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Anyone playing it? Looks great and getting great reviews. Worth it or nah?

[youtube]

Last edited:
Anyone playing it? Looks great and getting great reviews. Worth it or nah?
I finished the game yesterday, as a matter of fact. It's a great game, definitely worth checking out, especially if you're a fan of narrative games like Disco Elysium. I'd go as far as saying it's the best game I've played in 2022. Do keep in mind that it's a very dialogue heavy game, so if you don't like reading you might not enjoy it. If I had to give the game a score, I would give it a 4/5. Josh Sawyer and his team really did a fantastic job.

Also for your information, the game is on the xbox game pass, which you can get for 1$ (for your first month), so I recommend doing that if you're not sure whether you want to buy the game full price.

And here's a funny article I found on the game:
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-medievali...ent-and-obsidian-is-already-working-on-a-fix/

Josh Sawyer said:
"We literally just stroked every single character manually..."
How is that for out of context...

*Open link in new tab. Firefox users...scroll down to the paragraph after the character sheet image.

Last edited:
This is good to hear. I wish it was on a handheld though. Seems like a perfect phone/tablet game.

Will have to figure out some time to play it.

This is good to hear. I wish it was on a handheld though. Seems like a perfect phone/tablet game.
It's on the steamdeck. Maybe they'll release it on the switch in the future, who knows? I still recommend playing it on pc though. It's a game with a lot of text so I'm not sure it would work on a small screen.

I just finished it, a very nice game. For those who expect a more old-school Adventure game, then it's not that. It's more like a Telltale game. It took a bit longer than I wanted because the exploration itself started to bore me personally (let's say at the last third part of the game), but the writing, the style, the uniformity of the presentation, and how tight everything is, are definitely worth the time. If Umberto Eco were going to make a game about his books, this would probably be it.
Another recommendation for the atmosphere - The Name of the Rose with Sean Connery from 1986.

Last edited:
I hate correcting people as it may seem snooty. It is Umberto not Amaretto ! Imo, Umberto Connery was the best James Bond.

No problem. I am glad you described it as closer to a ' Telltale' game than an actual old school point and click. Those games can become a bit of a chore.

Back