Portal is free

Hmmmm......I just got a steam account...and if it works well on my PC I guess I could move on to Team Fortress 2!

Oh no, it's working, Valve is actually making people like the way Steam does everything... looks like I'm all alone here...

TheGM said:
Hmmmm......I just got a steam account...and if it works well on my PC I guess I could move on to Team Fortress 2!

If you do, let me know... I play TF2 most evenings.

Buying things from steam is perfect for anyone in a country with high importation taxes as Brazil. Buying the games with international credcard is much more cheaper than buying the game in a store. So, it would be completely nonsense to go against steam here.

What's the problem with Steam? As Heinz pointed above, it's extremely useful in countries like mine because of the importation taxes. Also, if you don't like downloading the game again for playing it, just backup and burn it. That's what it gives you the option for AFAIK.

I played this thing for the first time yesterday after grabbing it for free. I really don't get the hype. It took me less than an hour to play through from start to finish. And it's not like I was rushing. I tried every way to break the portal physics and got outside the map a few times. The only clever puzzles were the last few. The boss battle was pretty much identical to Breen or the Nyhilanth. I do like the graphics and the gun itself is a cool well implemented idea. It just feels like a quickly put together tech demo for one part of a greater game.

Research and Development is much better.

Back