Portal is free

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by PlanHex, May 12, 2010.

1. Professor Danger!

Professor Danger! Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 30, 2009
    Portal > Half Life.

Even though I do like Half Life.

2. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    Registred!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

3. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Hmmmm......I just got a steam account...and if it works well on my PC I guess I could move on to Team Fortress 2!

4. Puokki

Puokki Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 4, 2008
    Oh no, it's working, Valve is actually making people like the way Steam does everything... looks like I'm all alone here...

5. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    If you do, let me know... I play TF2 most evenings.

6. CloudlessDruid

CloudlessDruid Not a Soviet Droid Orderite

Oct 11, 2008
    Buying things from steam is perfect for anyone in a country with high importation taxes as Brazil. Buying the games with international credcard is much more cheaper than buying the game in a store. So, it would be completely nonsense to go against steam here.

7. Dario ff

Dario ff Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 19, 2008
    What's the problem with Steam? As Heinz pointed above, it's extremely useful in countries like mine because of the importation taxes. Also, if you don't like downloading the game again for playing it, just backup and burn it. That's what it gives you the option for AFAIK.

8. Mad Max RW

Mad Max RW Mildly Dipped

Jan 12, 2004
    I played this thing for the first time yesterday after grabbing it for free. I really don't get the hype. It took me less than an hour to play through from start to finish. And it's not like I was rushing. I tried every way to break the portal physics and got outside the map a few times. The only clever puzzles were the last few. The boss battle was pretty much identical to Breen or the Nyhilanth. I do like the graphics and the gun itself is a cool well implemented idea. It just feels like a quickly put together tech demo for one part of a greater game.

Research and Development is much better.