Possible Power Armor training before the BOS.

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Gameplay & Tech' started by deadsanta, Nov 9, 2008.

1. deadsanta

deadsanta First time out of the vault

Sep 5, 2008
    I found a set of experimental power armor and a training tape to let you use it, thinking that might be all you need to use the armor you find in-game. If someone hasn't gotten BOS training yet, maybe they could check it out, the armor is at [spoiler:1d18ab2704]Old Olney sewer system, you enter by falling through a street grate in town. There are Deathclaws everywhere though, so it's no joke. The armor and training holotape are on a BOS corpse next to a merc corpse in a small tunnel off the main sewer line (Actually a break in the wall, they're right at the beginning of it). Old Olney is near one of the vaults, I'd say due west of the Republic of Dave, East of Oasis. I think that's right.[/spoiler:1d18ab2704]

Let me know if it's doable, I'd love to roll a char and just skip the BOS.

2. Dry

Dry First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2008
    I found it before I did the BOS thing. You can't put it on as far as I can remember :(

3. Jacen

Jacen Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 3, 2003
    The tape suggests that you can, but alas, this is not the case.

4. deadsanta

deadsanta First time out of the vault

Sep 5, 2008
    Dammit... everyone at Bethesda gets the Dream Crusher perk, as far as I'm concerned. Even mail room guy.

5. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite Board Cop oTO

May 18, 2003
    Don't worry. Since being able to wear the PA can be modified by a simple line in the console, it's only a matter of time before someone makes a mini-mod about a power armor handbook. They could use the 'pre-war book' object, would fit perfectly.

6. victor

victor Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Dec 12, 2003
    I think a holotape would be more fitting.

7. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    What console command is it? I don't care for the story but want to have a power armor again. :>

8. Pope Viper

Pope Viper This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Dec 9, 2003
    setpccanusepowerarmor 1