Power Armor in Wasteland

Gnarles Bronson

regular mutant
Just noticed wasteland 1 has power armor in it. I wonder if this could be expected in wasteland 2, or if there are property rights issues in that. It would be weird, but awesome.

Yeah, it's not specific to Fallout. Pretty much any science-fiction media is going to have some sort of power armor.

Power Armor I saw was a recently discussed Item on the WASTELAND 2 Forums, and a few people actually wanted it fueled by some kind of Power Cell, and that seems like a terrible idea, so in the middle of battle... WAIT! Suit ran out equip Metal Armor. At that point your probably dying, and there is no point in having to carry backup armor.

PaladinBreach said:
...a few people actually wanted it fueled by some kind of Power Cell, and that seems like a terrible idea...

Yet it makes sense. Power Armor runs on Power (otherwise it's a clunky metal outfit with no real advantages), and something has got to produce it. Given that the apocalypse started in 1997, they might not have created a godlike battery from Fallout.

Too true the half life for the power cells was only 150 years at best, depending on which game universe youre playing this could be an issue. Although in Fallout 2 you had tribals wearing pieces of T51-b Armour. Either salvaged after battle or discarded due to running out of fuel.

Casca said:
Either salvaged after battle or discarded due to running out of fuel.

That was just a bit of artwork, though, wasn't it? Its canonity/canonicity/whateveralternativespellingiscorrect is disputable.

Sub-Human said:
Yet it makes sense. Power Armor runs on Power (otherwise it's a clunky metal outfit with no real advantages), and something has got to produce it. Given that the apocalypse started in 1997, they might not have created a godlike battery from Fallout.

laser weapons are available, so the argument is moot
Even after the apocalypse (or meantime :D) there are ways to charge a batterie

Gnarles Bronson said:
Just noticed wasteland 1 has power armor in it. I wonder if this could be expected in wasteland 2, or if there are property rights issues in that. It would be weird, but awesome.

I hope Wasteland 2 has power armor. It wouldn't be the same without it

Exactly. If Power Armor would somehow be copyright, EA would have sued Bethesda a long time ago.

and games workshop could have sued them both way before EA would :lol: and gw has already tried to sue a book writer for using the word "space marine", failing of course... gg nevertheless, they might succeed one day :look: :lol:

Robert Heinlein to rule them all.

I'd like to see PA make a return in Wasteland 2, but I wouldn't want to see it become something iconic like PA in Fallout, WH40K etc.
A useful item? Sure.
A powerful item? Sure.
A rare item? Sure.
An expensive item? Sure.
A marketing ploy? Nope.

Back